Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Would've Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson If They Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneytheman had dug and dug for days and days, and has graced the current crop of Boxing Scene History board posters with yet another thread created by a long-ago banned 'Expert' whose musings support his supposition that Boxing science technique continued a forward evolution from the late 1970s. Some buy it, seeing how NFL football and Pickleball have advanced; while others simply do not, citing Boxing having had to share the stage with an increasing number of other sports over the past 40-50 years, and ceding public interest shares through the process.
    Data collected by the Presidents council on physical fitness and published medical journals raising concerns over evaporating testosterone world wide seem to butress the latter school of thought.
    As for me, an old time writer and researcher on the fight game? I just once want to witness one of these interpretaters of video win a fortune calling the winner of an even-odds fight before it happens using their self styled rare gift.
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
      Moneytheman had dug and dug for days and days, and has graced the current crop of Boxing Scene History board posters with yet another thread created by a long-ago banned 'Expert' whose musings support his supposition that Boxing science technique continued a forward evolution from the late 1970s. Some buy it, seeing how NFL football and Pickleball have advanced; while others simply do not, citing Boxing having had to share the stage with an increasing number of other sports over the past 40-50 years, and ceding public interest shares through the process.
      Data collected by the Presidents council on physical fitness and published medical journals raising concerns over evaporating testosterone world wide seem to butress the latter school of thought.
      As for me, an old time writer and researcher on the fight game? I just once want to witness one of these interpretaters of video win a fortune calling the winner of an even-odds fight before it happens using their self styled rare gift.
      I'd bet all the threads that dope bumps (or many of them at least) are from past alts of his that were banned permanently. The guy a a straight up fruitcake.
      Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post

us humanoids always gotta fill in the blanks and use the "best answer" to answer questions in reality are PURE speculation.

If greenland sharks can live to 400 years, why couldn't a humanoid species? if birds can fly, why couldn't a humanoid species fly? If we can leave earth and come back (clearly its possible) why couldn't a creature long ago have been more advanced and left. Our dogs and pets have no clue we are outthinking them, how would we know in regards to some creature out thinking us. e ain't seen it before so we say it isn't possible, but theres **** on this earth right now proving this wrong.

if ancient egypt was founded in 3000 B.C and rome was founded in 753, this means romans looked at ancient egypt like we look at rome. the world is so OLD.

applies to boxing, don't think were the best to ever do it by default.
        Agree with all except the bold. I think culturally the Romans didn't feel the same distance to the Pyramids as we feel to the Colosseum.

RE your last paragraph. That particular failing applies to Mankind across the board. Most damning is that every new generation of scientists are certain they got right, until they don't. In medicine that can be a serious *****.*

* Boxing wise see Moneytheman for the definitive example of this failing, on steroids.

them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Agree with all except the bold. I think culturally the Romans didn't feel the same distance to the Pyramids as we feel to the Colosseum.

RE your last paragraph. That particular failing applies to Mankind across the board. Most damning is that every new generation of scientists are certain they got right, until they don't. In medicine that can be a serious *****.*

* Boxing wise see Moneytheman for the definitive example of this failing, on steroids.

yeah that part is depressing, but very true. same with political correctness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

But what if it is the truth? Everyone else is crazy.

What if 1000 years ago you didn't believe in "witches" --> you of course would keep it to yourself, it would be dangerous not to, but did you lie awake at night staring at the thatched roof thinking maybe your wrong and witches do exist? "Phuck everybody else does!"

What if you were an anti-Hitler German. Did you doubt yourself in 1940?

Let me add, I for one embrace the return of Moneytheman to the forum, I await with bated breath the return of some serious name calling.
            Tales to Astonish, one of the last comics from the Silver Age to make it over into modern comic superhero-dom... There is a story about a captain and his crew convincing a queen to let them sail to the new world... she relents and some wise man pleads with the captain not to set sail... "you will fall off the Earth! it is flat!!!" the captain sets sail and we think we know the end of the story only to see that in this universe the Earth is flat and our captain can only scream out as him and his crew fall off.
            Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
              Moneytheman had dug and dug for days and days, and has graced the current crop of Boxing Scene History board posters with yet another thread created by a long-ago banned 'Expert' whose musings support his supposition that Boxing science technique continued a forward evolution from the late 1970s. Some buy it, seeing how NFL football and Pickleball have advanced; while others simply do not, citing Boxing having had to share the stage with an increasing number of other sports over the past 40-50 years, and ceding public interest shares through the process.
              Fcker called me a crazy idiot for claiming the boys from Delancey street would take any modern Pickle ball crew. Those Jewish Deli owners knew their pickles!

Comment

• Look up him vs sammy angott george cliff tony freddie valentine andy nonnels and tony ancona Dykes,same obsolete tech and flaws as the older one that fought gene/jake/joey and others

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post
                  Look up him vs sammy angott george cliff tony freddie valentine andy nonnels and tony ancona Dykes,same obsolete tech and flaws as the older one that fought gene/jake/joey and others
                  Give it up Bobby! Who you know famous? Your uncle, look at 'em now... sweepin' up hair in a barber shop. You never be no Steppin' Fletch! ....................Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post
                    Look up him vs sammy angott george cliff tony freddie valentine andy nonnels and tony ancona Dykes,same obsolete tech and flaws as the older one that fought gene/jake/joey and others
                    Another idiot graces us once again with his presence... It would help all of us if you did one of the following:

1. Took a very long walk off a very short pier.
                    2. Decided to take a bath with the radio plugged in and see if it would float.
                    3. Stick your head in a microwave, put it on and look for where the micros are coming from...
                    4. Decided to direct traffic on any major highway, at night, with no reflexive gear, with the willingness to step in front of those nasty trucks that keep disobeying you.
                    5. Use an electric saw to cut open a Propane tank to make two little tank babies!
                    6. Cure your stupidity by starting a car in a garage, sticking a sock in the tailpipe... make sure to close all the windows!
                    7. Practice your knot tying skills on a badly balanced chair, with a noose around your neck...
                    8. Use your souped up Siablo bike to beat trains at any railroad crossings...

Comment

Working...
                    X