Top Chin Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

You're a nitwit.
    - - Half Nitwits smarter than U sad existence. Prob don't even know how to swim.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Half Nitwits smarter than U sad existence. Prob don't even know how to swim.
      Why wouldn't he know how to swim, and why do you keep avoiding my questions?

Comment

• I think Canelo has a great chin. Who has put him down? Ali got put down. Canelo went in with GGG too

I think you need chin combined with another quality to be a great. so Chin + speed or Chin+skill or chin+power

Comment

• Like I said, I believe chin is a necessary condition for greatness in boxing, but not a sufficient one. There might even be a few notable exceptions who were great without great chins. Not many, methinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Why wouldn't he know how to swim, and why do you keep avoiding my questions?
            - - Need to show me the termination of papers of U wet nurse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
              I think Canelo has a great chin. Who has put him down? Ali got put down. Canelo went in with GGG too

I think you need chin combined with another quality to be a great. so Chin + speed or Chin+skill or chin+power
              Agreed. It’s novel to talk about who has absorbed more of the hardest punches but it’s not a list you want to be on. I think there’s a lot of good chins at the top. Too many high level guys would have more losses if they didn’t have a more than respectable chin. I know Floyd rarely took a clean hard punch, but he’s had a lot of fights. I don’t think he’d be where he’s at if he was chinny. Manny takes a punch well also. Evander had a great chin. He always punched back. I think Canelo is hard to hit clean but he seems to show minimal effects. GGG seems to block punches with his face these days but he takes a good shot. Oscar seemed to handle a punch well also. I mean there’s tons of options and it’s hard to quantify. I think Tyson took a decent punch, not all world but not chinny. I tend to notice the skilled fighters who actually win who also show a good beard. Tyson Fury has been down a bunch vs one of the hardest hitters in history. He always got up and fought back. I think that counts as atc least great recovery skills. Trinidad got dropped a bunch, yeah he was often off balance at the time, but he always got up and even finished most of his opponents. I’m not saying he has a great chin, but not too many fighters can say they’ve been dropped that many times and it never led to a loss. Chavez Junior has a cement head. There’s so many. It can take you far but like you said without something else truly excellent, never to the top of the mountain.
              Roberto Vasquez Roberto Vasquez likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                I think Canelo has a great chin. Who has put him down? Ali got put down. Canelo went in with GGG too

The same can be said about GGG - he took Canelo's best punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

Agreed. It’s novel to talk about who has absorbed more of the hardest punches but it’s not a list you want to be on. I think there’s a lot of good chins at the top. Too many high level guys would have more losses if they didn’t have a more than respectable chin. I know Floyd rarely took a clean hard punch, but he’s had a lot of fights. I don’t think he’d be where he’s at if he was chinny. Manny takes a punch well also. Evander had a great chin. He always punched back. I think Canelo is hard to hit clean but he seems to show minimal effects. GGG seems to block punches with his face these days but he takes a good shot. Oscar seemed to handle a punch well also. I mean there’s tons of options and it’s hard to quantify. I think Tyson took a decent punch, not all world but not chinny. I tend to notice the skilled fighters who actually win who also show a good beard. Tyson Fury has been down a bunch vs one of the hardest hitters in history. He always got up and fought back. I think that counts as atc least great recovery skills. Trinidad got dropped a bunch, yeah he was often off balance at the time, but he always got up and even finished most of his opponents. I’m not saying he has a great chin, but not too many fighters can say they’ve been dropped that many times and it never led to a loss. Chavez Junior has a cement head. There’s so many. It can take you far but like you said without something else truly excellent, never to the top of the mountain.
                  Good read, but remember paragraphs are your friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by markusmod View Post

The same can be said about GGG - he took Canelo's best punches.
                    Yes that's true. He maybe has a better chin than Canelo altho didn't Canelo go up in weight for that fight? (I can't remember now) Canelo is always fighting out of his natural weight class. He looked very small against Plant and he had to hit him a ton of times to stop him.

Comment

• Nash and Golovkin. Neither have ever been hurt. Nash out.

Comment

Working...
                      X