Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxer quotes thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Besides being a slum kid with no great education in anything except how to fight and stay alive and steal, I also had this temper. Everybody has a temper, but mine was set on a hair trigger - something would set me off, the temper would go and I just wouldn't give a goddamn what happened - you could kill me, you could blow up the whole world and I wouldn't give a good goddman, I'd kill you first. Ever since I could remember, people were nagging me about my temper. I don't know where it came from.'

- Jake LaMotta

Comment

• 'I was born poor. I learned early what it was to need help. If God blessed me with the talent to make real big money, then he also entrusted me with the responsibility to care for those without talent.'

- Sugar Ray Robinson

Comment

• "I want to fight honest so the next color boy can get the same break I got, if I cut the fool I'll let them down." Joe Louis

"Every Negro boy who could walk wanted to be the next 'Brown Bomber' " Macolm X (Autobiography)

Uncle Tom or Black icon? His entire career they made him walk a racial tight rope.
        Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 04-25-2021, 03:54 AM.
        JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

• 'I knew there was a possibility I could die during training, during a fight. I knew that. But I wasn't scared, because I thought if anybody was going to die, I would do the killing.'

- Mike Tyson

Comment

• 'Boxing is not about your feelings. It’s about performance.'

- Manny Pacquiao

Comment

• 'It's not rage that drives me, it's competition.'

- Lennox Lewis

Comment

• 'You can do anything you want if you really put your heart and soul and mind into it. When I started boxing, I had two jobs, a wife, a couple of kids, and I had to train. But if you put your right foot in front of you and the left behind, somebody will give you a hand.'

- Joe Frazier

Comment

• 'Don’t let your dreams be dreams.'

- Jack Johnson

Comment

• 'I was born to fight. I don't know what else to do.'

- Roberto Duran

Comment

• 'Let the other guy have whatever he wants before the fight. Once the bell rings he’s gonna be disappointed anyway.'

- George Foreman

Comment

Working...
                      X