No announcement yet.

Who Is Boxings WORST Role Model?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
    Hahaha, like I said before the Louis nuthuggers will start to make nonsense up to cover up the truth.

This evidence is a fact. It's up to you morons to disprove it, which you can't since it's from his own biography. Less talking, more proof or shut up. Thank you lads.

Now, which part did you all like the most? When he hit her with a left hook, or when he was going to choke her to death untill auntie called the police?

GREAT role model. All kids should grow up to drink and do drugs heavily while sleeping around and almost killing their women.
    You are such a little *****. You take one incident in a man's life and hold it against him. Louis good deeds far outweigh his bad ones. You are trying to get attention and in that respect you succeeded.

Comment

Btw Mickey, I find it rather odd that this is yet another account that joined the same time as you did, and is online the same time you are. Something tells me that whatever he comes up with soon will only suit you lads, 'cause I doubt a Louis fan would be honest about this issue.
      Tunney is that you? Seriously.

Comment

• joe louis did cocaine and heroin after retiring - fact
        joe louis son put in a mental hospital for his own safety - fact

Comment

• Originally posted by billionaire View Post
          joe louis did cocaine and heroin after retiring - fact
          billionaire gets *****-slapped for posting like an idiot - fact

Poet

Comment

Alcohol and drug addiction are diseases - fact.

Mental illness is a disease - fact.

Do you hold the disease against people who have cancer, diabetes or any other diseases? Lol, real classy!
            Last edited by JAB5239; 07-08-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Ok, the all elusive passage from "Joe Louis:My Life". It talks about her failing to live up to her commitment to to be one of the celebrity score keepers. This wasn't her refusing Joe in just some game, but a benefit for the U.S.O. that she had committed to in Joe's name. This refusal was to spite Joe because he had been in town a few months and only called her a few times. When Louis went to talk to her personally she wouldn't budge and said she "didn't give a damn" that she committed. Joe took of a gold bracelet Horne had given him and dropped it in her suitcase as he was leaving. Lene exploded in a rage cursing Louis like he'd never been cursed and he goes on to say, and this is verbatim "before I knew it it, I hit her with a left hook and knocked her on the bed. Then I jumped on her and started choking her. The thing, thank God, that saved her was that her aunt was in the apartment. Lena was screaming and her aunt ran in and tried to pull me off. When she said "if you don't stop, I'll call the police", that brought me straight to. I stopped".

This isn't a case of some serial women beater, but an isolated incident fueled by passion. Im not saying its right, but its hardly the way Sally Limey described it.

"Passion can mess you up; next day I couldn't show up for the tournament-My mind was ruined and my body felt to weak".

"I called Lena to apologize and she hung up on me. end of romance".

Does anybody think this sounds like the deranged person Sally has made Joe out to be, or maybe just a guy who lost it for a minute, did a bad thing, and was sincerly remorseful?
              Last edited by JAB5239; 07-08-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• hahaha, alright lets assume you're posting the truth here. Lets examine this lads.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                [COLOR="Navy"]It talks about her failing to live up to her commitment to to be one of the celebrity score keepers. This wasn't her refusing Joe in just some game, but a benefit for the U.S.O. that she had committed to in Joe's name. This refusal was to spite Joe because he had been in town a few months and only called her a few times. When Louis went to talk to her personally she wouldn't budge and said she "didn't give a damn" that she committed. Joe took of a gold bracelet Horne had given him and dropped it in her suitcase as he was leaving. Lene exploded in a rage cursing Louis like he'd never been cursed
                This is enough to hit a woman with a left hook and proceeding to choke the life out of her, not stopping in a furious rage untill somebody brings him back to earth?

This sounds like a typical argument between two people in a relationship, a turbulent one perhaps.

But here you are justifying a man, a fookin for heavyweight champion in the world, who would have murdered his woman over nonsense?

Wow, Jabbie lad. I don't know in what kind of twisted environment you've been raised in but that's not normal mate.

This isn't a case of some serial women beater, but an isolated incident fueled by passion. Im not saying its right, but its hardly the way Sally Limey described it.
                How did I desribe it incorrectly? It comes down to the fact that Louis committed that act, and no amount of excuses can cover for that fact that he DID. You should be a lawyer mate.

Does anybody think this sounds like the deranged person Sally has made Joe out to be, or maybe just a guy who lost it for a minute, did a bad thing, and was sincerly remorseful?
                Uhh yeah, a guy addicted to alcohol, soft and hard drugs with a history of abusing women just "went out of character" one day.

Just face it. The true Joe Louis is not even close a role model. He belongs up there with other wife beaters and drug/alcohol users.

Comment

hahaha, alright lets assume you're posting the truth here. Lets examine this lads.

Pages 183 and 184.

This is enough to hit a woman with a left hook and proceeding to choke the life out of her, not stopping in a furious rage untill somebody brings him back to earth?

Who said he choked the life out of her? If she could scream, she could breath. Love how you exaggerate.

This sounds like a typical argument between two people in a relationship, a turbulent one perhaps.

But here you are justifying a man, a fookin for heavyweight champion in the world, who would have murdered his woman over nonsense?
                  Who's justifying it? People make mistakes.

How did I desribe it incorrectly? It comes down to the fact that Louis committed that act, and no amount of excuses can cover for that fact that he DID. You should be a lawyer mate.

The liberties you took in calling this ISOLATED incident an "attempted murder". This clearly isn't the case.

Uhh yeah, a guy addicted to alcohol, soft and hard drugs with a history of abusing women just "went out of character" one day.
                  At that time he had neither a drug nor alcohol problem. Do some homework Sally.

Just face it. The true Joe Louis is not even close a role model. He belongs up there with other wife beaters and drug/alcohol users.
                  Just face it, you will never be a fraction of the man Joe Louis was. A champion who was loved and adored and admired. A man who helped millions and gave hope to many, many more. what have you done? Nothing, zilch, zero, nada, thats what. But you will take time to TRY and tear down a man who is everything positive that you will never be. Real classy Sally, real classy.

Comment

I note... Put in hospital for his own safety...

So, you think this was a good time for several painstaking interviews, do you?
                    This would have been necessary in order to write a biography, wouldn't it?
                    And you're saying that you believe, accurate information was given to a pair of baseball correspondents by a man with mental illness, are you?
                    Well in that case, Planet Earth must be flat & the Moon is made of cheese..
                    And, why would his Son be put in a MENTAL HOSPITAL on SAFETY grounds? That's a new one...
                    Last edited by mickey malone; 07-08-2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• He did Cocaine and Quit. if anything it symbolizes over coming obstacles and great will power. good traits in a role model

Was he doing drugs when he hit her? i mean when did he hit her? it sounds like he was still boxing at the time and fact- he didnt start doing drugs till after he retired so im guessing he wasnt in a drug crazed frenzy.

I mean if the punch was ment as anything more then a way to get alittle respect i think he would have done enough damage to have caused more serious repercussions then for it to have just been written about in one book.

Well Joe still hit some chick but knowing the situation it makes me feel alittle less disappointed in joe then i did after reading slimeys sig and perhaps even slimey feels alittle less anger twords him knowing the situation alittle better.

Comment

Working...
                      X