No announcement yet.

Who Is Boxings WORST Role Model?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
    He did Cocaine and Quit. if anything it symbolizes over coming obstacles and great will power. good traits in a role model

Was he doing drugs when he hit her? i mean when did he hit her? it sounds like he was still boxing at the time and fact- he didnt start doing drugs till after he retired so im guessing he wasnt in a drug crazed frenzy.

I mean if the punch was ment as anything more then a way to get alittle respect i think he would have done enough damage to have caused more serious repercussions then for it to have just been written about in one book.

Well Joe still hit some chick but knowing the situation it makes me feel alittle less disappointed in joe then i did after reading slimeys sig and perhaps even slimey feels alittle less anger twords him knowing the situation alittle better.
    Good post.. Slime & Billionaire are still sifting through their endless collection of Marvel comics..

Comment

• Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      I note... Put in hospital for his own safety...

So, you think this was a good time for several painstaking interviews, do you?
      This would have been necessary in order to write a biography, wouldn't it?
      And you're saying that you believe, accurate information was given to a pair of baseball correspondents by a man with mental illness, are you?
      Well in that case, Planet Earth must be flat & the Moon is made of cheese..
      And, why would his Son be put in a MENTAL HOSPITAL on SAFETY grounds? That's a new one...
      it was a typo........joe louis son put joe louis in a mental hospital because joe louis went crazy and was constantly paranoid.......another fact....

Comment

He did Cocaine and Quit. if anything it symbolizes over coming obstacles and great will power. good traits in a role model
        lmao theres a new one....lets give him credit for something role models never get involved with in the first place....

Comment

• Yes let's.

I mean it atleast puts him a step ahead of Rick James, and he was a superfreak.

Comment

• Originally posted by billionaire View Post
            lmao theres a new one....lets give him credit for something role models never get involved with in the first place....
            Oh. like Bill Clinton, huh? The Kennedy's, Frued (sp?), Poe and countless other who have been looked up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Oh. like Bill Clinton, huh? The Kennedy's, Frued (sp?), Poe and countless other who have been looked up to?
              i dont know anybody smart who looks up to the clintons and kennedys....there just powerful political families.....

people admire freud and poe for their work not their personal lives, especially poe was a ****ed up loner.....i respect joe louis as a great fighter not for his personal life........

Comment

i dont know anybody smart who looks up to the clintons and kennedys....there just powerful political families.....

people admire freud and poe for their work not their personal lives, especially poe was a ****ed up loner.....i respect joe louis as a great fighter not for his personal life........

And how many so called role models have had messed up personal live at one time or another? Name me five, I'll name you ten who people look up to and their lives have been screwed up at one point or another. Louis' good deeds far outweight his few indiscretions and mistakes in life. You tryiong to say they don't only shows you to be a bitter hater. In fact, I'll go as far as to say you can't name 20 other fighters, and recite their past, who were as well known and as widely respected as Louis. Almost anybody you can find, I can can find a defect of character that accordiding to you would make them bad role models. Wanna bet?

Comment

it was a typo........joe louis son put joe louis in a mental hospital because joe louis went crazy and was constantly paranoid.......another fact....
                  Ok... Sorry for the misunderstanding, & I appreciate that you recognise him as a good fighter, but how do you justify the source of his alleged misdemeanors?

Comment

• Its not what some one does that makes them a role model but what they inspire you to do.

not sure if your familiar with the aa sponsor setup but there we have recovered addicts being role models to other addicts trying to recover. Their ability to quit being the inspiration to help another person quit. im sure for some people these are the most important role models they ever had. addicts sure, but addicts that overcame opposition.

Comment

Its not what some one does that makes them a role model but what they inspire you to do.

not sure if your familiar with the aa sponsor setup but there we have recovered addicts being role models to other addicts trying to recover. Their ability to quit being the inspiration to help another person quit. im sure for some people these are the most important role models they ever had. addicts sure, but addicts that overcame opposition.
                      Very true.. You have to walk the walk b4 you talk the talk.. Those that have not, are rarely listened to.. That is life my friend...

Comment

Working...
                      X