No announcement yet.

Who Is Boxings WORST Role Model?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
    ahahah at these louis diehards desperately trying to discredit the author......but when 3rd partys talked **** about mike tyson everyone just eats it up as true....well that book i posted refers to louis autobiography, so its straight from the horses mouth.....
    I have Louis' autobiography and I don't recall that. I will check again though. As far as whats said about Tyson and people eating it up...Tyson has a long and distinguished history of anti social behavior. Same cannot be said of Joe Louis who's good deeds far outweigh his few indiscretions.

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
      ahahah at these louis diehards desperately trying to discredit the author......but when 3rd partys talked **** about mike tyson everyone just eats it up as true....well that book i posted refers to louis autobiography, so its straight from the horses mouth.....

Not TRYING mate... Already have.. I think it's more than obvious that this author(s) acted as a kangaroo court.. The biography was also written, during the absence of the subjects sane mind.. One has to remember that in 1978 the 'Deep South' was a very hostile place.. It was almost compulsory to discredit & victimize black people in this part of the world.. I would imagine, coming from Harlem though, the author(s) were indeed black, but needed some controversy in order to sell their book.. Louis wouldn't have even been aware of this, and the 'horses mouth' on a mentally lame horse, simply cannot be relied upon as sound evidence.. Especially through a joint 3rd party who did a '1off' boxing story.. No genuine boxing historians have ever written about this, so how can it be true?
      Last edited by mickey malone; 07-08-2009, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Nah he was african american and i think the names of his books were just that to mock the way white america treated african americans.

on the other hand this ROBERT LIPSYTE not quite sure who he is other then a fiction writer and the guy that wrote the article and the section in the tyson reader that i was linked to.

Hmm whats the chances some fiction writer might make up some obscure information from some obscure book to make an article more impressive?

Comment

floyd mayweather. no need to expalin why

Comment

Jack Johnson probably

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
              Nah he was african american and i think the names of his books were just that to mock the way white america treated african americans.

on the other hand this ROBERT LIPSYTE not quite sure who he is other then a fiction writer and the guy that wrote the article and the section in the tyson reader that i was linked to.

Hmm whats the chances some fiction writer might make up some obscure information from some obscure book to make an article more impressive?
              Yes... Obscure being the operative word.. Almost obsolete in fact..

Comment

Originally posted by UCantBeSerious View Post
                Jack Johnson probably
                Good call... Don't think he was the worst though.. I often think that some people confuse Joe Louis with Johnson.. Glad to see you're not one of those...

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  I have Louis' autobiography and I don't recall that. I will check again though. As far as whats said about Tyson and people eating it up...Tyson has a long and distinguished history of anti social behavior. Same cannot be said of Joe Louis who's good deeds far outweigh his few indiscretions.
                  Originally posted by mickey malone View Post

Not TRYING mate... Already have.. I think it's more than obvious that this author(s) acted as a kangaroo court.. The biography was also written, during the absence of the subjects sane mind.. One has to remember that in 1978 the 'Deep South' was a very hostile place.. It was almost compulsory to discredit & victimize black people in this part of the world.. I would imagine, coming from Harlem though, the author(s) were indeed black, but needed some controversy in order to sell their book.. Louis wouldn't have even been aware of this, and the 'horses mouth' on a mentally lame horse, simply cannot be relied upon as sound evidence.. Especially through a joint 3rd party who did a '1off' boxing story.. No genuine boxing historians have ever written about this, so how can it be true?
                  Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post

Hahaha, like I said before the Louis nuthuggers will start to make nonsense up to cover up the truth.

This evidence is a fact. It's up to you morons to disprove it, which you can't since it's from his own biography. Less talking, more proof or shut up. Thank you lads.

Now, which part did you all like the most? When he hit her with a left hook, or when he was going to choke her to death untill auntie called the police?

GREAT role model. All kids should grow up to drink and do drugs heavily while sleeping around and almost killing their women.

Comment

Talk to you on the 16th

Comment

Currently: Paul Spadafora -- Shot his pregnant girlfriend in the chest because she scuffed his tires.

Of the past: Esteban De Jesus -- Shot a kid in the head because he was hopped up on coke.

Comment

Working...
                      X