Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a book...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember when Interpretation Of Murder came out, I decided to give it a miss as I prefer my own interpretation of Freud: a sex mad cokehead furiously wanking over his own mum, while cancer rots his jaw away.

Have you read any John Douglas books? That's a similar thing to Jigsaw Man, only an American guy in the FBI. I read one which was quite decent, although I've forgotten almost all of it now. It's weird how some books stick in your head, and others don't, even if they're of comparative quality.

Comment

• i just read Tortilla Flat by Steinbeck. great book, it's a bunch of short stories about a group of alcoholic mixed race bums. i loved it, there's this one story that especially good about a little pink pig and Sweets Ramirez steps on its tail

Comment

• The damage done. Twelve years of hell in a Bangkok prison
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Damage-Done-.../dp/184018275X
        Last edited by alza1988; 09-17-2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Dog Man: An Uncommon Life on a Faraway Mountain

Interesting read.

Comment

• Reading this right now. It's about the development of the 03 SVT Mustang Cobra. Pretty good throne material.

Comment

• Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
              The damage done. Twelve years of hell in a Bangkok prison
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Damage-Done-.../dp/184018275X
              Very good book.

But the best book I have ever read is called Papillon. It's about a guy who gets sent to a prison colony in French Guyana, and how he escapes, gets caught, escapes again several times. He visits many different jails throughout the book, from which he escapes or attempts to escape at each one.

It's a true story, and the man it's about Henri Charriere is about the most impressive bloke I've ever heard of, even if he is a frog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                I remember when Interpretation Of Murder came out, I decided to give it a miss as I prefer my own interpretation of Freud: a sex mad cokehead furiously wanking over his own mum, while cancer rots his jaw away.

Have you read any John Douglas books? That's a similar thing to Jigsaw Man, only an American guy in the FBI. I read one which was quite decent, although I've forgotten almost all of it now. It's weird how some books stick in your head, and others don't, even if they're of comparative quality.
                You should definitely read Interpretation Of Murder as It's a cracking read.

The book I'm reading now is of a similar vein, just replace Freud and Jung with Oscar Wilde and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It's called: Oscar Wilde and the Candlelight Murders and is an engrossing yarn.

Get them down yer.

Comment

• I'm currently reading The Jigsaw Man and Watchmen, but I'll keep an eye out for the ones you mention in the meantime.

Comment

• Just finished reading watchmen the other week and it's absolutely brilliant would highly recommend it. I would also recommend stephen fry's autobiography and any of his novels. Also if your into rock music etc. read Henry rollins 'get in the van' his diaries over the years touring with black flag.

Comment

• Also If you're a rock fan (it may have been mentioned before), reading 'The Dirt' Motley Crue's autobiography is a must!

Comment

Working...
                      X