No announcement yet.

Recommend me a book...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
    Just read an old book that was my dad's. It's called "Home of the Gods". For anyone with questions about religion, our cultural history, how we all tie together and how long we've been on this planet....as well as similarities between ancient cultures who supposedly had no contact with one another......THIS IS A MUST READ!

Basically, it has to do with the ancient civilization of Atlantis which supposedly sunk into the ocean about 10,000 B.C. At least, that's the starting point......the more you read, the more some of life's little oddities and questions become clear. At least that was my take.

Copywrite was circa 1977, so I'm not even sure if it's still in print; but if you're into that kind of think....it's definetly worth looking for.
    sounds interesting. I highly recommend Straw Dogs;thoughts on humans and other animals.
    It dicusses the myth that humans are seperate from other animals and discusses how humanism and christianity are similar in their elavating the human above other species.
    Very easy to read and very well written even if u disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by duphregne View Post
      The Old man and the Sea

Classic Hemmingway
      I especially like Hemmingway's short stories. 'Men without women' is one of my favourite collections. Also J.D. Salinger is a good short story writer and Chekhov is ****in' ace....

I just read 'The God delusion' by Richard Dawkins, great book if you're into religion or if you are an intelligent Christian and want to test your faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamboboy View Post
        I especially like Hemmingway's short stories. 'Men without women' is one of my favourite collections. Also J.D. Salinger is a good short story writer and Chekhov is ****in' ace....

I just read 'The God delusion' by Richard Dawkins, great book if you're into religion or if you are an intelligent Christian and want to test your faith.
        What the **** happened to the real Jamboboy?

He used to be cool. ****ing book worm.

Comment

• Bible's pretty good
          If you cut out all the religious ****

Comment

• Skin Gods, Rosary Girls by Richard Montanari- Good murder thrillers, based in Philadelphia, pretty gruesome, but keeps you guessin. I hate books when you can guess the endings, but i never saw the conclusions coming in his books!

Plato- The republic. It can be a lot to take in at first, but once you realise this is the basis for western civilisation. Society around you starts to make a bit more sense and they say knowledge is power!

The Interpretation of murder by Jed Rubenfeld: Fictionalised account of a real event when the founding fathers of psychology (Freud,Jung,Bryll etc) all met in New York in the early 1900's. A lot of suspense and is also like a little crashcourse in psychology and how the human mind works. Very interesting!!

Comment

• gangster
              by lorenzo carcaterra

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post
                What the **** happened to the real Jamboboy?

He used to be cool. ****ing book worm.
                Nicky you should read, it's good fun.

I am currently reading three men in a boat by Jerome k Jerome, its good.
                Very funny.
                Just finished 'No country for old men' by Cormac McCarthy, it was ok. Dirt E. Gomez recommended it to me but i'm not really into that kind of stuff. Probably good if you like thrillers.

Comment

• I read the old man and the sea a week or so ago. ****ing loved it.

I'm reading For whom the bell tolls at the moment, and liking it. That Hemingway fella was a half decent story teller you know.

The interpretation of murder was a good yarn. A page turner for sure, and it'll make a good film so it will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamboboy View Post

I've read everything by JD Salinger. I wish that reclusive **** would have wrote a few more books though. The ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHoff'sGhost View Post
                      I've read everything by JD Salinger. I wish that reclusive **** would have wrote a few more books though. The ****.
                      We should go round his gaff and force the lazy **** to write some more.
                      What's your favourite Salinger story hoff?

Comment

Working...
                      X