No announcement yet.

Recommend me a book...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
    Also If you're a rock fan (it may have been mentioned before), reading 'The Dirt' Motley Crue's autobiography is a must!
    Borrowed it a couple of years back and its quality, definitely a must as you say. Don't think theres anything left out of that book bar the stuff thats been eroded from their brains through drug abuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHoff! View Post
      I havent got anything to read at the moment so if you could could recommend me a good book I'd be grateful. I'm not fussed as to what genre or whatever, just as long as its well written and a good story.

Recommend away...thankyou
      you should read any book where you see pamela anderson on the cover

Comment

• Jamie Carraghers autobiography is sick. he is up there with malcom x.

CARRAGHER: WE HAVE ENOUGH COVER
        Joe Curran 09 October 2008
        Jamie Carragher believes Liverpool can cope in the absence of his central defensive partner Martin Skrtel.
        The 23-year-old Slovakian international damaged posterior ligaments in his right knee during Liverpool's 3-2 win over Manchester City on Sunday and will not return to action until December.

But Carragher insists that although it's a disappointment to lose Skrtel, the presence of Daniel Agger and Sami Hyypia in the squad means that the Reds have more than enough cover in the back line.

"It's a massive blow – Martin has been a great player for us since he arrived at the club," Carragher told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"We didn't know much about him when he first came to the club, but he's done very well. He has cemented himself in the Liverpool team quite quickly - which is a very tough thing to do.

"It's just unfortunate for him that it's such a bad injury but obviously it gives someone else a chance to get a run in the team.

"That's why you need a big squad in a long season and credit to the manager as well, he's seen that we didn't have enough players in that area of the pitch at times last season and we have Hyypia and Agger who can come in now."

And Carragher admitted he feared the worst when he saw Skrtel go to ground on Sunday, but tipped the tough-tackling centre-back to make a quick recovery.

"We saw Martin on the pitch and realised it wasn't good, and you don't really know about these injuries until a day or two afterwards with all the scans.

"He walked onto the coach after the game so we thought it wasn't too bad then, but it's still not nice to look at when you see it on the TV.

"He doesn't need an operation and it's not as bad as we feared - so hopefully he'll be back for the games at Christmas."

Comment

• Originally posted by Naps View Post
          Very good book.

But the best book I have ever read is called Papillon. It's about a guy who gets sent to a prison colony in French Guyana, and how he escapes, gets caught, escapes again several times. He visits many different jails throughout the book, from which he escapes or attempts to escape at each one.

It's a true story, and the man it's about Henri Charriere is about the most impressive bloke I've ever heard of, even if he is a frog.
          This is a good video .It's the FFL in French Guayana ,it mentions something about papillion and a jail .The convicts that tried to escape got fed to the sharks
          1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og6PYGhd7Q0
          2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GNbL...eature=related
          3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTSpJ...eature=related
          4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbtJx...eature=related
          5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV15h...eature=related
          Last edited by alza1988; 10-11-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Romance of The Three Kingdoms.

Eat ****.

Comment

• cormac mccarthys"blood meridian" is the most disturbing book i've read in years.very heavy. easy read.one of the best!

the book "american psycho" by ellis .
              the movie is sht in comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelhead View Post
                cormac mccarthys"blood meridian" is the most disturbing book i've read in years.very heavy. easy read.one of the best!

I read 'No country for old men.' By Cormac McCarthy. It was crap if I'm honest.

Comment

• Brit literature is where it's at.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelhead View Post
                    cormac mccarthys"blood meridian" is the most disturbing book i've read in years.very heavy. easy read.one of the best!

great choices. im reading blood meridian right now and you can picture the old west its fantastic. and i agree on american psycho, how they managed to make a movie on it i cant explain, still though, the movie is like a g-rated barney episode compared to the novel.

Comment

• In the Line of Fire, a Memoir. Pervez Musharrf, fmr President of Pakistan.

Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X