No announcement yet.

does god exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MindGame View Post
    If you are not "reading my stuff" then what qualifies you to comment about it ???
    I have read enough to see that you can't contribute anything of value.

What qualifies you to comment on scientific matters, when you reject any which contradict what you want to believe?

This isn't something an ethical person would do, and it isn't something a godly person would do.

More to the point, why would I waste time on someone such as yourself?

Comment

• Originally posted by MindGame View Post
      Sorry to get back to you so late...

I didn't know you were talking about all religions as a whole, but we can take a look...

Many ancient faiths should have a similar story... That part of the "Word of mouth" assumption you made, is very accurate...
      I think the story Gilgamesh would be a good example...

But if you look deeper, you'll see that they should be similar if the original True account being handed down through the generations, actually happened...

Generally, there is a creation story, a Satan figure story and a Flood story that are similar through out the world... I've got a Chinese Buddhist friend that's been here for about 10 years, she told be about the ancient Chinese Flood story, I never knew they had one...

My point is this, if a Real event(s) actually took place, then it stands to reason that there should be variations of that event(s) everywhere im the world...

If there were no other similar accounts to the Biblical text (The time before Moses) in the world, then that might be cause for concern...

The fact that Moses wrote these accounts down, through the inspiration of God, is simply a confirmation to the rest of the world that their ancient stories have a basis in truth...

What makes my God any better than theirs, you ask ???
      The Bible for one, you can read my last post to you...
      Another Biblical reality is the Bible is such a historically accurate book, speaking of places and events that are continuously being rediscovered...

But for me, the biggest reason is the experience of knowing Jesus... If I had no reaction from knowing Him, I wouldn't have bothered...
      I am at Peace always, it's almost like I can tap into Love and share it...
      I can feel his presence and guidance...
      When I pray, I know I'm not alone, in a comforting way...
      There are other unexplainable things... It's like I've gained knowledge that I didn't work for, like a gift that I never had before... It used to surprise me, but now I expect it...

If I knew someone who's found happiness, I'd be glad for them, not critical... And if they wanted to share that happiness, I would at least listen, what is there to lose ???

If God is powerful enough to create and design everything, then why would it be so hard for God to inspire and protect a book about His Story (History) and His instructions on how to live ???
      Furthermore, why wouldn't He want you to seek and find Him and give you a clear path in that Pursuit ???

If God is not real then why do people go out of their way deny Him and persecute those who don't ??? Why would they care ???
      Yep well said and there are actually some good secular studies strongly indicating that the Babylonian and Sumerian Creation myths were an offshoot of the Biblical Genesis

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post
        Green Kay for you my good sir........lets start

The Holy Church of Ladder Day Buki....

Im the Pope....you can be my second aka "El Bishop"

All hail "El Buki"

Anyone else wanna hear the word of "El Buki?
        Oh man you are going to be spewing jealousy...

I'm actually gonna go see him Live this Friday!

El Bishop will finally get to see The Holy one in flesh

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          There are flying unicorns up in the sky. I know you don't believe in them, but you can't prove they don't exist, therefore they do exist. The burden of proof is on you non-believers, not on me, the guy making stuff up.
          Actually historians and prehistorians know that unicorns didnt fly

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh knight View Post
            I wouldn't even bother with it dude
            You're right, I was Holding Out for a serious discussion, but one never materialized... 😕

Readers can scroll back and read Lomasexual's pearls of wisdom for themselves...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
              I have read enough to see that you can't contribute anything of value.

What qualifies you to comment on scientific matters, when you reject any which contradict what you want to believe?

This isn't something an ethical person would do, and it isn't something a godly person would do.

More to the point, why would I waste time on someone such as yourself?
              (You should have gotten out a long time ago, but I'm glad you didn't.)

That's a pretty good description of yourself there, it's like you're looking into a mirror, isn't it ???

You brought up the laws of thermodynamics,
              I'm qualified because I've read and understand the Laws thermodynamics...

I've described both the Kalvin-Planck and the Clausuis statement about the second law of thermodynamics, to you and applied them to the discussion, but you refused to engage...

You have yet to acknowledge that water molecules crystallize at 32° Fahrenheit or 0° Celsius and not "Form Spontaneously..."
              Your science comes from Doctor Seuss...

Again, readers can scroll back and read the exchanges as they unfold...
              Unfortunately for you, the Truth is only a click away...

But there is hope for you... I feel like you're just a kid, you'll mature eventually...

Jesus gave sight to the Blind and raised the Dead...
              He can open your Eyes and Quicken your lifeless Spirit, just show a little Faith...

Comment

There's many theories on that, there isn't one accepted theory. All living species on Earth from any point in time came from bacteria. As it should be, we don't exactly know how a bacteria came to life. Science is getting closer to figuring that out in labs, we are trying to crate life from scratch in labs. When scientists do that, you will hear about it in the news. For now we don't know. but fabricating that an imaginary person made us isn't exactly the right thing to do either.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20161...on-earth-began
                Your article is not based on scientific method.People cant even turn bacteria into another type of microbe let alone the myriad of critters that exist

Plus your article also lies when it says that the Bible was proven false when Friedrich Wöhler discovered that living thing were made up of earthly non-spiritual material. The Bible clearly states that God made life from the earth.

Your article also says Darwin rescued science from spiritual bias but Darwin's plagiarized Greek theory of favored races via evolution and natural selection has been discredited. For example, Darwinism says that evolution occurs when a favorable mutation just happens to appear at just the right time and place and thus allowing the new and improved organism to out-compete its predecessors. However, just the opposite occurs because animals are endowed with a miraculous defense mechanism that allows the selection of preexisting ancestral phenotypes whenever the need arises.

Darwin's job on the Beagle was basically to develop an anti-abolitionist movement meant to rationalize the slave trade and exploitation of foreign lands.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Modern humans are relatively young though, compared to the age of the Earth, our life on Earth is equal to a baby. So of course some of us are still "primitive" because it's okay to be. We're as smart as toddlers right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzG9fHMr9L4
                See your own racists tendencies

When thinking about how we came to life, it's okay to think a higher being did it. We haven't been around for long enough to grasp how exactly we were made.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cosmi...premier-2014-3
                Radiometric dating is also a big lie and we can debate it but you probably wont, because you cant

Comment

So god exists because there's books that says he exists.

So then Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, The Flash they exist too? There's many stories of them, the stories are 100% accurate. We also see many biographical movies of them. So they're real. I mean no one has actually seen them in person but still.
                  No one believes those dudes are real but people love them stories because they abide by their universal deep seated ideals of the Supernatural Jesus hero defeating evil
                  Last edited by maracho; 08-16-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

"Amen" to that.

This is why all of those big child molesting rings come from churches. Drug lords all have Jesus Christ portraits and all type of religious BS in their house. Just overall, so many believers come off as fake.
                    Looks like you are projecting your own issues

Originally posted by Prostitroop View Post
                    I Love Jail Bait!

5 star thread.

Comment

• That was tongue in cheek comment on the internet. Your people actually go ahead and molest little boys irl.

maracho you've been quoting me for the last 2 days without me responding to you, or without me responding to this thread at all. I'm done with this topic, if you haven't gotten the memo. It's boring.

Remember bible basher, thou shall not judge

I'm free to say as I please, i'm free of religion, or belief in a higher being. You're a man of god and the bible, you sit down and follow your master and your little book. Don't commit any sins and don't judge others, your guy doesn't like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X