No announcement yet.

does god exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
    Those are actually just electrical stimulation and hormones such as adrenaline and dopamine being released by your brain.

They can and have been measured in scientific ways.

You can't measure something that does not exist, which is why I'm doubtful a god exists.

Everything in the Bible is based off of urban myths, passed down mouth to mouth. I'm sure you've played that game in school where you tell one person something and the last person heard a completely different thing. That's the Bible for you, it kept growing and growing into this fairy tale legend to keep the masses in check.
    How is the Bible all about Keeping the masses in check when it continually records and exposes the wickedness of governing bodies?
    Last edited by maracho; 08-14-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      Organic matter can be preserved indefinitely (for all intents and purposes) in the right conditions.

Usually it gets broken down by well understood processes, such as bacterial metabolism.

If those processes are unable to occur, then the organic material can hang around virtually forever.
      Bacterial metabolism occurs everywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by MindGame View Post
        You suggest the story changes and is expanded upon as time goes by through Word of Mouth...

If this were true then ancient scripture would be different from Modern scripture... When they found the Dead Sea Scrolls (2,ooo year old scrolls.) in 1946, the books of the Old Testament Bible where exactly the same as they are today...
        Through the Millenia the Bible has remained the same... Whenever ancient scripture is found that's thousands of years old, these scriptures don't vary from modern scripture...
        A word of mouth Bible would have greatly changed over the years...

God inspired Moses to write the first five books of the Bible (Not to mention handing him the Ten Commandments, written by the hand of God Himself.) Every prophet was inspired by God to write the Word of God... None of these translations very from the original...
        What about the other religions? That's what I mean by that.

They derived into Ahura Mazda, Queztalcoatl, Krishna, Rama,Gautama Buddha, even Zeus. Some of those are even older than the bible itself so it is probably based off of one of them itself.

What makes your God any better than those?

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
          How is the Bible all about Keeping the masses in check when it continually records and exposes the wickedness of governing bodies?
          Care to give an example? What do you mean governing bodies? Of Religion?

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
            Care to give an example? What do you mean governing bodies? Of Religion?
            One of the main antagonists of just about every major Bible hero is the government

Comment

Yes, god is real.

The thing which you don't understand is what this means. This is something profound which escapes almost everyone who calls themself a believer.

God is real, and god is the truth. That also applies when you reverse those words.

What is real is god. What is true is of god. You turn your face from what is real and what is true. You deny reality to keep believing in false stories any myths which take you ever further from the truth, and hence, ever further from god.

You won't meet him one day. You have already met him.

You turned your back on him.
              My God and your god are 2 separate beings...

NIV 2 Corinthians 4: 4
              4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so they cannot see the light of the Gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

I have indeed turned my back on your god, and hope never to meet him... You god has blinded you and you refuse to see...

Truth ?
              NIV John 14: 6
              6 Jesus answered, " I am the way and the Truth and the life.

Let me introduce you to my God, the Lord Jesus Christ... You should read the Gospel of John, here's a quick snippet...

NIV John 1:1
              1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NIV John 1: 14
              14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling Among Us.

NIV John 1: 10
              10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognized him.

So Jesus is the Word and the Word is God, the Word became flesh and lived with us in the world and the world didn't recognize him... As you also fail to do...

But His followers are not the world, his followers know him and hear his voice...

The great mystery of God is explained here...
              NIV 1 Timothy 3:16
              16 He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preaching among the Nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

Jesus says:
              John 10: 14
              14 I am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.

I do know my God... He created the heavens and the earth, in the first verse of the Bible, Genesis 1:1...
              Your god says the heavens and the earth created themselves...

My God wrote the Bible...

NIV 2 Timothy 3: 16
              16 All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

Your faith is in the words created from the imagination of men who are continuously changing how their Story Goes...

My God never changes...
              NIV Hebrews 13: 8
              13 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

I know and love my God because He first loved me... (And you too, if you open your eyes.) Does your god love ?

NIV 1 John 4: 19
              19 We love because he first loved us.

Jesus says these are the 2 greatest Commandments...

NIV Mark 12: 30, 31
              30 Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
              31 The second is this: "Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

My God teaches me to love Him and to love others as myself... What does your god teach of love "do as thou wilt ?"

Clearly, my God of Love is not the same as your god... But you still have hope as long as you draw breath...

Comment

An interruption can be permanent.

It seems that you don't actually know, you are just assuming according to what you want to believe.

There is no god in those kinds of assumptions. You have to cast of your petty wants and see what is real.

You will never know god. You don't even want to.
                You're not making sense again...

What's the point of talking to you when you don't listen to anything I'm saying... You are irrational...
                You say the same things over and over and anyone reading these posts can see for themselves that I'm answering you factually, do you asume readers here are blind and don't scroll back and read for themselves ???

To answer your latest remark,

I don't know ???
                I just gave you two examples of how the process can be interrupted, in the Pete Moss bog and in the arid desert..

I said it can't be indefinitely suspended for over 65 million years... You said it can be permanently suspended, tell us how ???

You dodged that question, explain to me which of the processes of organic decay can be suspended indefinitely (or "permanently") in a natural environment, without being frozen, in multiple 65+ million year old dinosaur bones containing elastic soft tissue, blood vessels and cells ???

You can't... It's ok, no one can... They must not be millions of years old and we've been led to believe...
                But I'd still love to hear you try, good luck !!!

Comment

You're not making sense again...

What's the point of talking to you when you don't listen to anything I'm saying... You are irrational...
                  You say the same things over and over and anyone reading these posts can see for themselves that I'm answering you factually, do you asume readers here are blind and don't scroll back and read for themselves ???

To answer your latest remark,

I don't know ???
                  I just gave you two examples of how the process can be interrupted, in the Pete Moss bog and in the arid desert..

I said it can't be indefinitely suspended for over 65 million years... You said it can be permanently suspended, tell us how ???

You dodged that question, explain to me which of the processes of organic decay can be suspended indefinitely (or "permanently") in a natural environment, without being frozen, in multiple 65+ million year old dinosaur bones containing elastic soft tissue, blood vessels and cells ???

You can't... It's ok, no one can... They must not be millions of years old and we've been led to believe...
                  But I'd still love to hear you try, good luck !!!
                  To be honest I don't even bother reading your stuff.

You want to believe. You want to believe so much that you cannot possible learn. You cannot accept truth. You hear truth and twist it into lies that match your beliefs.

This is a choice you have made, and it is the one which takes you away from god.

There is no god in lies. God is all around you, but all you see is yourself and your own desires.

Comment

My God and your god are 2 separate beings...

NIV 2 Corinthians 4: 4
                    4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so they cannot see the light of the Gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

I have indeed turned my back on your god, and hope never to meet him... You god has blinded you and you refuse to see...

Truth ?
                    NIV John 14: 6
                    6 Jesus answered, " I am the way and the Truth and the life.

Let me introduce you to my God, the Lord Jesus Christ... You should read the Gospel of John, here's a quick snippet...

NIV John 1:1
                    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NIV John 1: 14
                    14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling Among Us.

NIV John 1: 10
                    10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognized him.

So Jesus is the Word and the Word is God, the Word became flesh and lived with us in the world and the world didn't recognize him... As you also fail to do...

But His followers are not the world, his followers know him and hear his voice...

The great mystery of God is explained here...
                    NIV 1 Timothy 3:16
                    16 He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preaching among the Nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

Jesus says:
                    John 10: 14
                    14 I am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.

I do know my God... He created the heavens and the earth, in the first verse of the Bible, Genesis 1:1...
                    Your god says the heavens and the earth created themselves...

My God wrote the Bible...

NIV 2 Timothy 3: 16
                    16 All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

Your faith is in the words created from the imagination of men who are continuously changing how their Story Goes...

My God never changes...
                    NIV Hebrews 13: 8
                    13 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

I know and love my God because He first loved me... (And you too, if you open your eyes.) Does your god love ?

NIV 1 John 4: 19
                    19 We love because he first loved us.

Jesus says these are the 2 greatest Commandments...

NIV Mark 12: 30, 31
                    30 Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
                    31 The second is this: "Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

My God teaches me to love Him and to love others as myself... What does your god teach of love "do as thou wilt ?"

Clearly, my God of Love is not the same as your god... But you still have hope as long as you draw breath...
                    You said previously that the bible hasn't changed since the dead scrolls yet your quoting NIV. Which in itself has been changed. It's actually so different. That whole paragraphs can be translated differently. This link proves how different the KJV is to the NIV
                    http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_vers1.htm

Comment

Loma,
                      I don't think that I can take you seriously anymore...
                      I directly quoted you, your Snowflake analogy and organisms eating analogy... No misquote, anyone can look it up...

You say I don't understand the science, you are the one (On record) stating that Snowflakes spontaneously form from disordered parts... This is blatantly false... Water molecules will not spontaneously form into ice... They need to be in a environment of 32 degrees Fahrenheit/0 degrees Celsius or lower to form ice crystals... That's the simple science...
                      "The parts" are not in disorder, they are in the natural state of water initially before the transformation...
                      This is not a blueprint to life spontaneously forming... It's hydrogen and oxygen molecules changing from a liquid state into a solid state when cooled to a temperature of 32 F or lower...

You say I haven't said a single accurate thing, but this is the third time I've told you that water turns to ice crystals when the thermodynamic of cold is introduced... That's accurate scientific fact, It's proven...
                      Spontaneous formation of snowflakes from disordered parts is not Fact...
                      Pure water turns into Pure Ice Crystal every time it's cooled to 32 F or 0 degrees Celsius or lower...

Spontaneous transformation of water into Ice Crystal would be true if it happened at different unpredictable temperatures, Like 50 degrees, or 70°, or staying in a liquid state at negative 40 degrees and turning to ice at -41°, but it's impossible at a temperature higher than 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius... Scientific fact... Because Water is Stable not disordered parts as you stated...

Organisms eating and drinking and the associated entropy does not explain evolution, sorry...
                      It explains the maintaining of life...

I'm not going to bother with you anymore... I thought I was having a rational discussion with a rational person, but I can see that's not true...

Your modus operandi seems to be:
                      1. Make up a example to suit your argument, stick to it despite if it's proven wrong...

2. Make a condescending remark(s) claiming to be misunderstood...

3.Make insulting remark(s) stating the opposing opinion doesn't understand the facts... While professing your opinion does...

I can't take you seriously... I'm beginning to think that I'm dealing with a young (13-16) teenager perhaps ???
                      I'm tired of repeating myself...
                      If we can't have respectful, meaningful dialogue without condescending insults, what's the point ???

Here's something that you can take to the bank, God is real and someday you will have to answer to Him... I sincerely hope and pray that you would open your mind and heart and pursue Him, because if you do, you will find Him... Then you won't be asking questions, because you'll be getting answers...
                      I wouldn't even bother with it dude

Comment

Working...
                      X