No announcement yet.

does god exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    This is something many people can't grasp. Some people think they are here for a reason. This is what makes people hard to understand how insignificant they are. We're not here for any reason. You can fabricate a reason, a purpose to be here, to feel better about life. But in the end all you have to do is just live and reproduce, raise the off-springs and hope they do the same. That's all.
    so why do we exist?? and how were we created and why?

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      so why do we exist?? and how were we created and why?
      The thing with science is that it doesn't pretend to know exactly how the universe was created, it just theorizes it. Believers of god creating everything are being lazy, saying someone created it and let's leave it at that. No proof needed, it just is what it is, very simple.

Why do we exist? There's no grand reason. That's what i'm trying to say, we're insignificant. We don't have a grand purpose. Our individual purpose is to reproduce and raise our off-springs, to continue the human race, so we can continue giving ourselves the opportunity to get smarter and keep evolving to whatever it is we will be before Earth comes to an end billions of years from now.

How were we created? Evolution, we started from small life forms in water and evolved.

Why? The Earth was a perfect environment for different life to form.

The end? The end will either be ourselves ending the planet with pollution or nuclear war, or by some miracle we live as long as the Earth lives.

Comment

The thing with science is that it doesn't pretend to know exactly how the universe was created, it just theorizes it. Believers of god creating everything are being lazy, saying someone created it and let's leave it at that. No proof needed, it just is what it is, very simple.

Why do we exist? There's no grand reason. That's what i'm trying to say, we're insignificant. We don't have a grand purpose. Our individual purpose is to reproduce and raise our off-springs, to continue the human race, so we can continue giving ourselves the opportunity to get smarter and keep evolving to whatever it is we will be before Earth comes to an end billions of years from now.

How were we created? Evolution, we started from small life forms in water and evolved.

Why? The Earth was a perfect environment for different life to form.

The end? The end will either be ourselves ending the planet with pollution or nuclear war, or by some miracle we live as long as the Earth lives.
        how were those formed?

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          how were those formed?
          There's many theories on that, there isn't one accepted theory. All living species on Earth from any point in time came from bacteria. As it should be, we don't exactly know how a bacteria came to life. Science is getting closer to figuring that out in labs, we are trying to crate life from scratch in labs. When scientists do that, you will hear about it in the news. For now we don't know. but fabricating that an imaginary person made us isn't exactly the right thing to do either.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20161...on-earth-began

Modern humans are relatively young though, compared to the age of the Earth, our life on Earth is equal to a baby. So of course some of us are still "primitive" because it's okay to be. We're as smart as toddlers right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzG9fHMr9L4

When thinking about how we came to life, it's okay to think a higher being did it. We haven't been around for long enough to grasp how exactly we were made.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cosmi...premier-2014-3

Comment

There are flying unicorns up in the sky. I know you don't believe in them, but you can't prove they don't exist, therefore they do exist. The burden of proof is on you non-believers, not on me, the guy making stuff up.

Comment

There's many theories on that, there isn't one accepted theory. All living species on Earth from any point in time came from bacteria. As it should be, we don't exactly know how a bacteria came to life. Science is getting closer to figuring that out in labs, we are trying to crate life from scratch in labs. When scientists do that, you will hear about it in the news. For now we don't know. but fabricating that an imaginary person made us isn't exactly the right thing to do either.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20161...on-earth-began

Modern humans are relatively young though, compared to the age of the Earth, our life on Earth is equal to a baby. So of course some of us are still "primitive" because it's okay to be. We're as smart as toddlers right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzG9fHMr9L4

When thinking about how we came to life, it's okay to think a higher being did it. We haven't been around for long enough to grasp how exactly we were made.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cosmi...premier-2014-3
              How is it frabricating when it is based on 4000 years of historical recorded manuscript with 99% accurarcy rate, along with the eye witness accounts of people all around the world that all of them shared the same experience.

Think about it. There is basically 10 million accounts of spiritual encounter, and all of them said it's Jesus of Nazareth or to describe him along with miracles from near death experience and documented a "God" like being with shining array of light and goodness hence the biblical Judeo-Christian God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                How is it frabricating when it is based on 4000 years of historical recorded manuscript with 99% accurarcy rate, along with the eye witness accounts of people all around the world that all of them shared the same experience.

Think about it. There is basically 10 million accounts of spiritual encounter, and all of them said it's Jesus of Nazareth or to describe him along with miracles from near death experience and documented a "God" like being with shining array of light and goodness hence the biblical Judeo-Christian God.
                So god exists because there's books that says he exists.

So then Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, The Flash they exist too? There's many stories of them, the stories are 100% accurate. We also see many biographical movies of them. So they're real. I mean no one has actually seen them in person but still.

Comment

• Looks like I'm late to the party...
                  We'll go with what science says and then with What God Says...

SCIENCE
                  In common terms,
                  The first law of thermodynamics states that energy is not destroyed but simply changes form...
                  The second law of thermodynamics states that all energy transformed into another form, losses some energy in the form of heat...

The X factor here is Entropy... Entropy is the degree of disorder, randomness or chaos within a system... (Biologically this is where mutation comes into the picture.)
                  Entropy is the lack of order or predictability, the gradual decline into disorder... (Biologically this is deterioration, degeneration, decomposition and so on.)

What does this mean in Practical terms ???

It means that SCIENCE teaches us that EVOLUTION is really DEVOLUTION... Life doesn't become more complex, it can only maintain or regress...

The laws of thermodynamics teach us that it is impossible for life to have evolved from lightning striking a soup of amino acids... And a simple single-celled organism could never have evolved into something more complex...
                  The process of mutation (1st law of thermodynamics.) is a conversion of energy... This mutation or conversion losses some energy (2nd law) in the form of heat... The result of the mutation can only be a degeneration (Entropy) of the original form...

Science quite frankly, says biological evolution is impossible...
                  Life can't come from non-life...

Applying the first and second law of thermodynamics and Entropy to yourself...
                  Your energy (Life) is not destroyed (1st law) by Death...
                  Your lifes energy is transformed (2nd law) moving on in the form of your Soul...
                  Your body is destroyed (Entropy) and decomposes...

The laws of thermodynamics support life after death...

GOD

In the first verse of the Bible,
                  NIV Genesis 1:1
                  1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
                  God created TIME (In the beginning) SPACE (the heavens) and MATTER (the earth)...

Time itself is a creation of God, God is not bound to Time, Time is bound to God... (as is Space and Matter)

NIV Revelation 1:8
                  8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
                  You see, God has no creator because he is the creator, He always was...

Moses asked to God who he was, God answered...
                  NIV Exodus 3:14
                  14 "I Am who I Am"
                  God is/was always in a constant state of being, He is "I Am."

NIV Isaiah 55: 8 & 9
                  8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
                  9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"

Trying to understand HOW, WHAT and WHY every single thing works in the universe as it does, (seen and unseen) is like a person trying to explain nuclear fission to a Ant... That knowledge is unnecessary to the survival of the ant... God gives us everything thats necessary to survive... After we die, you'll get your answers, and I'd assume a whole new set of necessary knowledge...

NIV Jeremiah 29:13
                  13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
                  God has given us everything necessary to understand Him and each other...

Why don't you connoisseurs of science use the scientific method, and experiment ??? Approach and seek God with all your heart then observe the results... If you don't seek him with all your heart then you're not fulfilling the required perimeters of the experiment....
                  Do it in the name of science, if you don't then it's irrational for you too assume God doesn't exist... You can't say God doesn't exist in the name of science when you refuse to use the scientific method to get the answer... When you seek Him, call Him by His name, Jesus...

In the words of Jesus Christ himself,
                  NIV Revelation 13, 14
                  13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city."

This is the key to Heaven, wash your robes... The Blood of Jesus is the only way to clean your robes (Your Heart & Soul)... It takes faith...

NIV Romans 10: 9
                  9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                    Looks like I'm late to the party...
                    We'll go with what science says and then with What God Says...

SCIENCE
                    In common terms,
                    The first law of thermodynamics states that energy is not destroyed but simply changes form...
                    The second law of thermodynamics states that all energy transformed into another form, losses some energy in the form of heat...

The X factor here is Entropy... Entropy is the degree of disorder, randomness or chaos within a system... (Biologically this is where mutation comes into the picture.)
                    Entropy is the lack of order or predictability, the gradual decline into disorder... (Biologically this is deterioration, degeneration, decomposition and so on.)

What does this mean in Practical terms ???

It means that SCIENCE teaches us that EVOLUTION is really DEVOLUTION... Life doesn't become more complex, it can only maintain or regress...

The laws of thermodynamics teach us that it is impossible for life to have evolved from lightning striking a soup of amino acids... And a simple single-celled organism could never have evolved into something more complex...
                    The process of mutation (1st law of thermodynamics.) is a conversion of energy... This mutation or conversion losses some energy (2nd law) in the form of heat... The result of the mutation can only be a degeneration (Entropy) of the original form...

Science quite frankly, says biological evolution is impossible...
                    Life can't come from non-life...

Applying the first and second law of thermodynamics and Entropy to yourself...
                    Your energy (Life) is not destroyed (1st law) by Death...
                    Your lifes energy is transformed (2nd law) moving on in the form of your Soul...
                    Your body is destroyed (Entropy) and decomposes...

The laws of thermodynamics support life after death...

GOD

In the first verse of the Bible,
                    NIV Genesis 1:1
                    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
                    God created TIME (In the beginning) SPACE (the heavens) and MATTER (the earth)...

Time itself is a creation of God, God is not bound to Time, Time is bound to God... (as is Space and Matter)

NIV Revelation 1:8
                    8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
                    You see, God has no creator because he is the creator, He always was...

Moses asked to God who he was, God answered...
                    NIV Exodus 3:14
                    14 "I Am who I Am"
                    God is/was always in a constant state of being, He is "I Am."

NIV Isaiah 55: 8 & 9
                    8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
                    9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"

Trying to understand HOW, WHAT and WHY every single thing works in the universe as it does, (seen and unseen) is like a person trying to explain nuclear fission to a Ant... That knowledge is unnecessary to the survival of the ant... God gives us everything thats necessary to survive... After we die, you'll get your answers, and I'd assume a whole new set of necessary knowledge...

NIV Jeremiah 29:13
                    13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
                    God has given us everything necessary to understand Him and each other...

Why don't you connoisseurs of science use the scientific method, and experiment ??? Approach and seek God with all your heart then observe the results... If you don't seek him with all your heart then you're not fulfilling the required perimeters of the experiment....
                    Do it in the name of science, if you don't then it's irrational for you too assume God doesn't exist... You can't say God doesn't exist in the name of science when you refuse to use the scientific method to get the answer... When you seek Him, call Him by His name, Jesus...

In the words of Jesus Christ himself,
                    NIV Revelation 13, 14
                    13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                    14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city."

This is the key to Heaven, wash your robes... The Blood of Jesus is the only way to clean your robes (Your Heart & Soul)... It takes faith...

NIV Romans 10: 9
                    9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
                    What do you think about dinosaur fossils being put on Earth to test your faith in god?

Comment

So god exists because there's books that says he exists.

So then Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, The Flash they exist too? There's many stories of them, the stories are 100% accurate. We also see many biographical movies of them. So they're real. I mean no one has actually seen them in person but still.
                      Kev, Didn't we cover this a while ago ???

You can't see Love you can't see Hate... You can't see Jealousy you can't see Rage... You can't see Desire you can't see Joy and so on...

They can't be measured in scientific terms but they can be felt and they are real and no one disputes their existence...
                      They are spirits, emotions and feelings none of which are tangible, but yet they exist...

If you can't scientifically measure Spirits, emotions and feelings then how can you scientifically measure the Spirit of God ???

NIV 1 John 4: 8
                      8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is Love.

Comment

Working...
                      X