No announcement yet.

does god exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
    Because it's the right thing to do duh... God has nothing to do with being a decent person overall. Behaving is something that should be done whether you believe or not.

That's the thing with these Christians or Catholics or whatever bs you call yourself. You've been brainwashed to believe that you either believe in god and are all good and perfect or you don't and are the root of all evil...

The funniest thing is, these people that "claim" to believe in a god are hands down the WORST people I have ever come across.
    Why is it the right thing to do? What's the point?

Comment

• I believe some higher power has created the universe and everything on it, however I also believe that all religions are man made and that they have nothing to do with the actual higher power that created the world whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
        Yes , your welcome!
        Sorry but you come off as a phony. I do not think you believe in any of that crap and you do not come off as someone who does.

Comment

The funniest thing is, these people that "claim" to believe in a god are hands down the WORST people I have ever come across.
          "Amen" to that.

This is why all of those big child molesting rings come from churches. Drug lords all have Jesus Christ portraits and all type of religious BS in their house. Just overall, so many believers come off as fake.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Sorry but you come off as a phony. I do not think you believe in any of that crap and you do not come off as someone who does.
            Sorry about that, I was just really curious as to you why you associated your childhood TV with cussing Jesus

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              "Amen" to that.

This is why all of those big child molesting rings come from churches. Drug lords all have Jesus Christ portraits and all type of religious BS in their house. Just overall, so many believers come off as fake.
              Actually Hollywood, and various governments, especially in the US and maybe Britain have bigger child molesting rings

Come to think of it, the Vatican is more of a secular goddess government too
              Last edited by maracho; 08-15-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

What about the other religions? That's what I mean by that.

They derived into Ahura Mazda, Queztalcoatl, Krishna, Rama,Gautama Buddha, even Zeus. Some of those are even older than the bible itself so it is probably based off of one of them itself.

What makes your God any better than those?
                Sorry to get back to you so late...

I didn't know you were talking about all religions as a whole, but we can take a look...

Many ancient faiths should have a similar story... That part of the "Word of mouth" assumption you made, is very accurate...
                I think the story Gilgamesh would be a good example...

But if you look deeper, you'll see that they should be similar if the original True account being handed down through the generations, actually happened...

Generally, there is a creation story, a Satan figure story and a Flood story that are similar through out the world... I've got a Chinese Buddhist friend that's been here for about 10 years, she told be about the ancient Chinese Flood story, I never knew they had one...

My point is this, if a Real event(s) actually took place, then it stands to reason that there should be variations of that event(s) everywhere im the world...

If there were no other similar accounts to the Biblical text (The time before Moses) in the world, then that might be cause for concern...

The fact that Moses wrote these accounts down, through the inspiration of God, is simply a confirmation to the rest of the world that their ancient stories have a basis in truth...

What makes my God any better than theirs, you ask ???
                The Bible for one, you can read my last post to you...
                Another Biblical reality is the Bible is such a historically accurate book, speaking of places and events that are continuously being rediscovered...

But for me, the biggest reason is the experience of knowing Jesus... If I had no reaction from knowing Him, I wouldn't have bothered...
                I am at Peace always, it's almost like I can tap into Love and share it...
                I can feel his presence and guidance...
                When I pray, I know I'm not alone, in a comforting way...
                There are other unexplainable things... It's like I've gained knowledge that I didn't work for, like a gift that I never had before... It used to surprise me, but now I expect it...

If I knew someone who's found happiness, I'd be glad for them, not critical... And if they wanted to share that happiness, I would at least listen, what is there to lose ???

If God is powerful enough to create and design everything, then why would it be so hard for God to inspire and protect a book about His Story (History) and His instructions on how to live ???
                Furthermore, why wouldn't He want you to seek and find Him and give you a clear path in that Pursuit ???

If God is not real then why do people go out of their way deny Him and persecute those who don't ??? Why would they care ???
                Last edited by MindGame; 08-16-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh knight View Post
                  You said previously that the bible hasn't changed since the dead scrolls yet your quoting NIV. Which in itself has been changed. It's actually so different. That whole paragraphs can be translated differently. This link proves how different the KJV is to the NIV
                  http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_vers1.htm
                  The Bible hasn't changed...

You bring up a issue that I've contemplated many times...
                  For the record, I've only used the King James Version until recently...
                  The Bible describes what things will happen to the Church in the Last Days... It warns about some false teschers telling the people things that they want to hear, rather than what the Word of God actually says...

If the teacher is teaching the Church a Message about prosperity and wealth, it's what people want to hear...
                  If the teacher is teaching the Church that there are many ways to God, it's not the Bible...
                  If the Teacher compromises the Biblical teaching on various forms of morality, it's also not Biblical...

The Bible warns us about the end times, the wolves in sheep's clothing and false teachers...

Concerning the Text itself, the Bible pronounce a curse...
                  Plagues will be added to those who add to the Word of God, and those who remove from the Word of God, will have their part in Heaven will be removed from them...

This means that the Word of God still is the Word of God, so a translation should be scrutinized quite closely, if it proves to have added or subtracted from the Word of God, it will be cursed and eventually discredited... I have faith that God will expose the flawed and it's use would be discontinued...

The reason for newer translations is because 500 year old English is not so easily understood to everyone...
                  The NIV is still the Bible, translated from The Original ancient Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek Scriptures... Put into modern English... It's not a translation from old English to modern English...

(It's not like the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses who are not Biblical Christians, having written their own books...)

Ultimately the reason why I started using the NIV is because most churches, outside the Catholic Church, use this translation as their basis for text during church services...

When I quote the NIV here, it's to insure easier understanding... It's most likely the translation people will hear in church and on the radio... I have faith the Word of God... If this translation is truly flawed, I'd expect it to be discredited and discontinued...

I have no problem quoting the KJV, it's the Bible I've used the most...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                    To be honest I don't even bother reading your stuff.

You want to believe. You want to believe so much that you cannot possible learn. You cannot accept truth. You hear truth and twist it into lies that match your beliefs.

This is a choice you have made, and it is the one which takes you away from god.

There is no god in lies. God is all around you, but all you see is yourself and your own desires.
                    If you are not "reading my stuff" then what qualifies you to comment about it ???
                    If this is true, than you are discrediting yourself...
                    How can you state what I say is wrong or lies if you didn't read it ???

I'll let it go...

But you still seem to insist that I don't know God or truth, so I'll leave you with this and hope you understand my position...

Doubting Thomas, who refused to believe that Jesus rose from the dead as the other disciples told him... Thomas proclaimed he would not believe that until he puts his fingers in the holes of the hands of Jesus and thrust his hand into the spear wound in Jesus side....
                    This is where the Resurrected Jesus appear to his disciples and Thomas was there...

NIV John 20: 27-29
                    27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
                    28 Thomas said, "My Lord and my God."
                    29 Then Jesus told him, " Because you have seen me, you believe; Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe."

I know God...
                    I am one of those who has not seen Jesus resurrected in the flesh, and yet believe that he is the Lord God, resurrected Jesus...

Jesus to his followers,
                    NIV John 14: 6
                    6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me."

NIV John 14: 20
                    20 And on that day you will realize that I am in my father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

My God Jesus is Truth and God is in me, the Truth is in me in...

Your truth was conjured through the imagination of men and continues to change...
                    My Truth is in me through Jesus Christ, who is the same today yesterday and forever...

The only thing that Separates Me From You is the Blood of Jesus, that's also True...
                    Now, if we are finished, good luck to you...

Comment

• Of course God exists. Who else is responsible for water falls and wet t-shirt contests

via GIPHY

Comment

Working...
                      X