No announcement yet.

Who here accepts biological evolution?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
    Its not a single book, the bible is a compilation of books written over a period of time, with the first books written closer to 3000+ years ago. And the fact that the bible has survived throughout the ages to influence more people worldwide than any other religion is a testament to how valuable it's information really is.
    Yes a compilation of books that were selected by the Catholic Church as which to keep and which to get rid of.

Also, Hinduism and the Vedas predate anything in the Bible by hundreds of years. Zoroastrianism is much older as well. So by your criteria, they are also true.

Comment

Genesis 6:4 alludes to fallen angels, as does Jude 1:6. Several parts of Revelation do as well. The whole book of Enoch which was written before Christ is pretty much dedicated to explaining the fall of angels and life before the flood.

That movie was pure and utter trash. It was loosely adapted on the Noah story, and I say loosely very liberally.

Its not a single book, the bible is a compilation of books written over a period of time, with the first books written closer to 3000+ years ago. And the fact that the bible has survived throughout the ages to influence more people worldwide than any other religion is a testament to how valuable it's information really is.
      Sorry I must not have been clear, I'm aware that the bible mentions fallen angels however I was talking specifically about the bible mentioning them in relation to the escape of Cain.

I'm also aware that it's a compilation of books, a compilation put into one book. That doesn't show how valuable the information is at all, religion is a simple way for simpletons to believe that they are more than a bag of organs that will soon be part of the soil. It's also a way for simpletons to cope with death.

The fact that a story has lasted that long is not testament to how valuable the information is, even if it wasn't altered a million times. It's a testament to how obnoxiously gullible and weak minded people are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Yes a compilation of books that were selected by the Catholic Church as which to keep and which to get rid of.

Also, Hinduism and the Vedas predate anything in the Bible by hundreds of years. Zoroastrianism is much older as well. So by your criteria, they are also true.
        Hinduism and Vedas are restricted to a single region, primarily India. Christianity and the bible extend to every corner of the earth.

Comment

America was built on Christian principles.
          America is founded on the natural rights of people which include life, liberty and property. That's John Locke, not Moses. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
            Sorry I must not have been clear, I'm aware that the bible mentions fallen angels however I was talking specifically about the bible mentioning them in relation to the escape of Cain.
            No the bible doesn't mention them in relation to Cain, it also doesn't have tubal cain sneak into the ark, and have noah try and murder his grandchildren. The movie is a fabrication of the bibles narrative. And in my opinion a very lousy one. Even if the filmmakers didn't subscribe to the noah story, they could have done such a better job with the film.

I'm also aware that it's a compilation of books, a compilation put into one book. That doesn't show how valuable the information is at all, religion is a simple way for simpletons to believe that they are more than a bag of organs that will soon be part of the soil. It's also a way for simpletons to cope with death.
            I suggest you actually try reading the bible, there a lot of life stories and events that teach very valuable lessons.

The fact that a story has lasted that long is not testament to how valuable the information is, even if it wasn't altered a million times. It's a testament to how obnoxiously gullible and weak minded people are.
            The bible has not been altered, the dead sea scrolls which were discovered in 1946 are a testament to this.

Comment

Hinduism and Vedas are restricted to a single region, primarily India. Christianity and the bible extend to every corner of the earth.
              There are Hindus everywhere and not you moved the goal posts. You said, that nothing that old ....blah, blah

Well I gave you two, and there's more. Christianity in terms of religions, is relatively new.
              Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 07-24-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

The bible has not been altered, the dead sea scrolls which were discovered in 1946 are a testament to this.
                That is hilarious. Let me ask you this question, how much of the Bible, both new and old testaments is still in existence in their original texts?

Comment

Lol@this bible thumper, I can't believe people like this still exist

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    America is founded on the natural rights of people which include life, liberty and property. That's John Locke, not Moses. Try again.

"In 1669, John Locke assisted in the drafting of the Carolina constitution under which no man could be a citizen unless he acknowledged God, was a member of a church, and used no “reproachful, reviling, or abusive language” against any religion."

(John Locke, A Collection of Several Pieces of Mr. John Locke Never Before Printed or Not Extant in His Works (London: J. Bettenham for R. Francklin, 1720), pp. 3, 41, 45, 46.)

No I think I wont try again.

Comment

"In 1669, John Locke assisted in the drafting of the Carolina constitution under which no man could be a citizen unless he acknowledged God, was a member of a church, and used no “reproachful, reviling, or abusive language” against any religion."

(John Locke, A Collection of Several Pieces of Mr. John Locke Never Before Printed or Not Extant in His Works (London: J. Bettenham for R. Francklin, 1720), pp. 3, 41, 45, 46.)

No I think I wont try again.

Carolina? LOL

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." - Treaty of Tripoli

Guess the founding fathers were just liars.

Comment

Working...
                      X