No announcement yet.

Who here accepts biological evolution?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
    Do you always believe that there is no GOD...100 percent all the time...
    No, that's my point. I have wondered many times if there is something out there. I don't think if it's the Christian god, but I do wonder if there is something out there that we can't understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
      Not all people think like you do.

Many people have doubts one way or another.

Some people do NOT have those doubts. Generally we refer to those people as extremists (not always violent).

There are, without a doubt... people of various religious sects that have 100% faith, they don't question it, they have no doubts. A lot of people that are deep into their religion... While I can't tell you unequivocally they don't... I'm as sure as I can, and I can ask him in 2 mins.. if he EVER, ever, ever questions or doubts if there is a god.

Im actually curious.. especially after his son died, my dad.

You lost me there. Your brother died?

My mum is a fairly devout Catholic. She has become less religious over the years as life has become better for her. But she never wanted to talk about her faith. Its her personal thing and she never preaches at all. So i never bring it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
        Not all people think like you do.

Many people have doubts one way or another.

Some people do NOT have those doubts. Generally we refer to those people as extremists (not always violent).

There are, without a doubt... people of various religious sects that have 100% faith, they don't question it, they have no doubts. A lot of people that are deep into their religion... While I can't tell you unequivocally they don't... I'm as sure as I can, and I can ask him in 2 mins.. if he EVER, ever, ever questions or doubts if there is a god.

Im actually curious.. especially after his son died, my dad.
        Yea, I reject that fully based on inductive reasoning. I can't be 100% sure, but unless they are infallible people, I'm sure everyone has doubts.

It makes no difference, certainty or doubt has no bearing on whether or not the claim is true or not. I'm concerned about truth, not what I think is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Yea, I reject that fully based on inductive reasoning. I can't be 100% sure, but unless they are infallible people, I'm sure everyone has doubts.

It makes no difference, certainty or doubt has no bearing on whether or not the claim is true or not. I'm concerned about truth, not what I think is true.
          Tru dat. ...

Comment

No, that's my point. I have wondered many times if there is something out there. I don't think if it's the Christian god, but I do wonder if there is something out there that we can't understand.
            Hahaha... I know why you get so confused I found an old home video of your MOM...

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
              Hahaha... I know why you get so confused I found an old home video of your MOM...

I never said I was confused, only that I'm human and wonder about things at times.

That was a very awkward video.

Comment

As an atheist do you wish that there was a celestial higher being or creator?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Wow, good question. If the world was different, I might say yes. The way the world is now, absolutely not. If there is a god, and we go through the things we do for no rhyme or reason, I don't think that god would be worthy of worship.

Children being born with cancer, millions dying of starvation. Young girls raped and tortured, the vast insect species that exist only to infect mammals in horrific ways.

If a god created all of this, and we have to live through some of these horrors, he's not good, he's evil. Theists say that it's god's will or that it was the fall of mankind why we are suffering like this and I say bull****.

How can the sin of some man and woman, have to be paid by billions of innocents? It's a ridiculous story, and insulting to my intelligence. If we lived in a better world, I guess it would be nice to think our lives would extend beyond the physical. As the world is today, I hope there isn't a god because he's a fuking evil ass.hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Well if it's the God of the Bible you're describing. The Universe would be better off with one less *******.

Comment

Wow, good question. If the world was different, I might say yes. The way the world is now, absolutely not. If there is a god, and we go through the things we do for no rhyme or reason, I don't think that god would be worthy of worship.

Children being born with cancer, millions dying of starvation. Young girls raped and tortured, the vast insect species that exist only to infect mammals in horrific ways.

If a god created all of this, and we have to live through some of these horrors, he's not good, he's evil. Theists say that it's god's will or that it was the fall of mankind why we are suffering like this and I say bull****.

How can the sin of some man and woman, have to be paid by billions of innocents? It's a ridiculous story, and insulting to my intelligence. If we lived in a better world, I guess it would be nice to think our lives would extend beyond the physical. As the world is today, I hope there isn't a god because he's a fuking evil ass.hole.
                      I'm reading this book called" The genesis of justice. in which it talked about a not so Omniscient God, A learning God. Who inflict all the injustice to the world and to his own people. And how we as people learn from it. I think you would like it.

For me I think that if there is no trouble in heaven and everything is AOK 24/7
                      when we get there and live an eternal life. I would be bored and I would wish not to have gone there in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X