No announcement yet.

How shallow are you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    That's assuming she'd lose the weight for you. A lot of girls won't. I had a friend whose girlfriend put on like 40lbs when she was put on lithium by her doctor, and he was a pretty fit dude, so naturally, he wanted her to be as well. He wasn't even a d*ck about it, he'd just ask her if she wanted to run with him before he'd go jogging, and she'd flip out about it.

"You don't love me for the right reasons" or "You think I'm ugly now" and all that jazz. Tough luck.
    I think that goes unsaid though. I remember crying for like 4 hours one time.

I was like 8 months pregnant with my son, I was tired and feeling blah, my children's dad had friends coming over, it was summer I was hot, cranky and ready to pop. This **** looked at me and said; 'you kinda look like ****, you're looking fat and tired, maybe change your top and throw on some make up?'

I cried for hours I was so mad.

I think it goes for people in general. Everyone just wants to be accepted for who they are, without someone saying 'you'd be perfect, if ...'

Comment

• Girl number 1, EASY.

I can't put my penis in a personality.

Comment

• Fair enough. But if it were me, I'd be happy to have someone offering to help me lose the weight. Especially if the person was fit and knew WTF they were doing. I mean, I wouldn't go all "Rocky Balboa" and start chopping wood and lifting fat guys on horse carriages, but a brisk walk here and there wouldn't KILL you.

That said, you definitely don't say something like that to a pregnant woman. Well, not unless you're a total ****ing chode, anyway. Pregnancy must be terrible enough as is without having to deal with some condescending meatbag telling you that you're not up to snuff anymore.

Comment

That's assuming she'd lose the weight for you. A lot of girls won't. I had a friend whose girlfriend put on like 40lbs when she was put on lithium by her doctor, and he was a pretty fit dude, so naturally, he wanted her to be as well. He wasn't even a d*ck about it, he'd just ask her if she wanted to run with him before he'd go jogging, and she'd flip out about it.

"You don't love me for the right reasons" or "You think I'm ugly now" and all that jazz. Tough luck.
          that's why i like women who don't speak english...lol! i have 2 girlfriends so they can talk to each other in spanish & we use a book to translate our conversations or we go on my translator on my computer. i don't have to ever hear any of the "do you think im fat"? questions. they are trim & beautiful but if they were to put me on the spot & ask me that in spanish, i just play the "no entiendo" card & start

Comment

Fair enough. But if it were me, I'd be happy to have someone offering to help me lose the weight. Especially if the person was fit and knew WTF they were doing. I mean, I wouldn't go all "Rocky Balboa" and start chopping wood and lifting fat guys on horse carriages, but a brisk walk here and there wouldn't KILL you.

That said, you definitely don't say something like that to a pregnant woman. Well, not unless you're a total ****ing chode, anyway. Pregnancy must be terrible enough as is without having to deal with some condescending meatbag telling you that you're not up to snuff anymore.
            I think it's about the approach. If some guy I was dating looked at me and said 'ahh hey babe, I think you need to lose weight' ... I would. His entire fuking body weight would be dropped in a matter of seconds. But if it was 'hey, let's go for a run, walk, gym, play a sport', I would jump to do it.

It's a matter of respect I think.

Comment

Working...
            X