No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    The Deer Hunter. 4 and a half out of 5 or 9 out of 10. Starts slow, drags a little after they escape the Viet Cong, but the rest is really strong about the effects going to war has on 3 factory workers from a small Pennsylvania town. One I always wanted to see. Now I'm looking forward to checking out Apocalypse Now. I read the script was changed drastically when Marlon Brando showed up to the set a lot fatter than expected, which is why the ending is very abrupt and not a longer battle.
    It's become very hard to find the original version of this but it's the only version worth watching. Day and night difference.

Comment

• eyes wide shut. totally overrated, sorry kubrick

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
        It's become very hard to find the original version of this but it's the only version worth watching. Day and night difference.
        Really? So it's like the original version of Star Wars episodes 4-6 that were released on DVD in the 2000s alongside the special editions on DVD. I take it the redux or whatever it's called drags on with all the extra footage? Speaking of extra footage, I actually liked watching the Godfather Saga that shows the trilogy in order. It was released on VHS and laserdisc, but not on DVD for some reason, so the only way to get burned to DVD from one of those sources or from when it aired on HBO a few years back. It even adds deleted scenes that are shown on The Coppola Collection and most of them aren't even that bad, like Michael tracking down the guy who killed his first wife Appolonia or Vito meeting a young Hyman Roth whose original name wasn't Roth.

It shows the flashbacks from Part 2 first, then goes right into the first movie, then part 2 without the interruption of the flashbacks. I prefer to watch both movies this way now.

Guess I'll have to check Ebay or Amazon sellers for Apocalypse Now.

Comment

Really? So it's like the original version of Star Wars episodes 4-6 that were released on DVD in the 2000s alongside the special editions on DVD. I take it the redux or whatever it's called drags on with all the extra footage? Speaking of extra footage, I actually liked watching the Godfather Saga that shows the trilogy in order. It was released on VHS and laserdisc, but not on DVD for some reason, so the only way to get burned to DVD from one of those sources or from when it aired on HBO a few years back. It even adds deleted scenes that are shown on The Coppola Collection and most of them aren't even that bad, like Michael tracking down the guy who killed his first wife Appolonia or Vito meeting a young Hyman Roth whose original name wasn't Roth.

It shows the flashbacks from Part 2 first, then goes right into the first movie, then part 2 without the interruption of the flashbacks. I prefer to watch both movies this way now.

Guess I'll have to check Ebay or Amazon sellers for Apocalypse Now.
          Yeah...the stuff that originally ended up on the editing room floor because it was crap. Like with the Godfather lll...redux was just a desperate attempt by Coppola to make money and avoid bankruptcy.

The thing is every attempt I've ever tried to watch the original fails even when they label it 1979...it's always the redux version even when they don't call it as such which really sucks. The redux version is terrible whereas the original is great.

Comment

Yeah...the stuff that originally ended up on the editing room floor because it was crap. Like with the Godfather lll...redux was just a desperate attempt by Coppola to make money and avoid bankruptcy.

The thing is every attempt I've ever tried to watch the original fails even when they label it 1979...it's always the redux version even when they don't call it as such which really sucks. The redux version is terrible whereas the original is great.
            Oh yeah, I saw a documentary where Coppola mentioned only doing Godfather 3 because he needed the money to keep his production company open. Kind of sad. There's maybe only 2 scenes I liked in it when I finally got to watch it about a year ago. So I just stick with the first 2 now. At least Coppola did a flash forward to Michael Corleone dying of old age so we don't have to see another Godfather now.

Comment

Oh yeah, how can you tell the difference?

Comment

If you come across the scenes where he's at the house of the French family or they are having sex with the Playboy bunnies you're sadly watching the redux version. Actually much earlier in...if they are being chased by the owners of the surf-board that one of the guys stole then that will tell you you're not watching the original.

Comment

I just checked and there is a torrent on The Pirate Bay for "Apocalypse Now Original Version 1979 720p BRRip XviD AC3-RARBG"...worth a try. Personally my experience has always been that it was NOT the original version whenever I've tried but you may get lucky here.

Comment

• Small Apartments (2012)
                    Hard to explain and not really worth it. Went for crazy for the sake of crazy but didn't fully commit to it.
                    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1272886/

Comment

I just checked and there is a torrent on The Pirate Bay for "Apocalypse Now Original Version 1979 720p BRRip XviD AC3-RARBG"...worth a try. Personally my experience has always been that it was NOT the original version whenever I've tried but you may get lucky here.
                      Well there's a Blu Ray release that has both versions, so I'll probably get that one from Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                      X