No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ether View Post
    Premiere party at your house, Mak Stark ?

my pad was considered but one of the homeys said he wanted to have a BBQ for the premier...

Comment

Premiere party at your house, Mak Stark ?
      you're welcome at my house.

gonna poison your ass like that little queer.

Comment

• This will be the season of the Lannister. (Having not read the books)

I can feel it.

The Iron Throne will remain ours. Bring it!

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          my pad was considered but one of the homeys said he wanted to have a BBQ for the premier...
          I'm hittin' up your place Mak

Comment

• Originally posted by TwoPieced View Post
            It's not a shame at all, it's an improvement. It more greatly highlights mental acuity as his primary attribute, contrasting him even more sharply with his brother. He is the brains, Jamie is the brawn, and his character is indeed the primary source of wit and humor in the series so it fits perfectly. Showing him to be a "capable warrior" in addition to a cunning individual who uses his brain to avoid fighting is out of character. Suddenly he becomes implausibly "good at everything", rather than keeping his physical stature as a strict limitation/weakness that he overcomes through de-emphasis. Being a "**** warrior" as Bronn puts it is much more in line with this character concept. They may have made the change largely due to budgetary concerns, but it was a good one regardless. Don't be mad about a great decision made with a character just because you wanted to see a big battle
            You are deluding yourself if you think not having the battle scene was due to anything other than budget the absence of the battle does nothing to enhance Tyrions character if anything it took something away from his character making him look stupid Tyrion is anything but stupid.

Also no the battle proves him to be lucky and also highlights his cunning much more than it proves him to be a "capable warrior" it also shows his physical weaknesses.

You think it was a great decision that's fine I think it was a cheap cop out the same can be said for most of the fight scenes in season one in comparison to how they are described in the book.

Sure its unrealistic for the budget of a T.V show to stretch that far I just hope they do those kind of scenes justice in season 2 with the bigger budget.
            Last edited by -Lowkey-; 03-28-2012, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Man I don't care if they had to cut ever corner on everything else the rest of the season, I hope they did the Blackwater right.
              from what i heard, George RR himself wrote that episode so i guess it'll be good news?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                You are deluding yourself if you think not having the battle scene was due to anything other than budget the absence of the battle does nothing to enhance Tyrions character if anything it took something away from his character making him look stupid Tyrion is anything but stupid.

Also no the battle proves him to be lucky and also highlights his cunning much more than it proves him to be a "capable warrior" it also shows his physical weaknesses.

You think it was a great decision that's fine I think it was a cheap cop out the same can be said for most of the fight scenes in season one in comparison to how they are described in the book.

Sure its unrealistic for the budget of a T.V show to stretch that far I just hope they do those kind of scenes justice in season 2 with the bigger budget.
                they CAN'T do the book fight scenes justice.

it's a tv show.

even a big budget movie would struggle and have to cut corners.

Comment

• It's hbo's most expensive show they've done, respect that they're doing the best they can, not to mention alongside George.

Also, Jaimie never fought ned in the book, he never got off his horse, the TV version makes a more entertaining conclusion.

Comment

It's hbo's most expensive show they've done, respect that they're doing the best they can, not to mention alongside George.

Also, Jaimie never fought ned in the book, he never got off his horse, the TV version makes a more entertaining conclusion.
                    And they are doing a damn good job, if the first season is a sign of what's to come. No one was more ready than me to be pissed at how this show represented the books, but there's very little to hate on. I do like the fight in the show between Jaime and Ned, any instance where the better fighters in the show can match up I'll take, I don't care if it was in the book or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      And they are doing a damn good job, if the first season is a sign of what's to come. No one was more ready than me to be pissed at how this show represented the books, but there's very little to hate on. I do like the fight in the show between Jaime and Ned, any instance where the better fighters in the show can match up I'll take, I don't care if it was in the book or not.
                      people need to realize that they have to change things up.

you're splitting it up into 13 or whatever episodes.

each episode has to have a rising action , a climax , a falling action , an ending etc.

think of some of the worst tv/film adaptions of books. they were usually the ones that tried to copy the book exactly.

books and tv/film is different. that's why people are paid tons of money to adapt books into scripts.

Comment

Working...
                      X