Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was the best player on the pitch today but I still can't stand him.

Mercenary is a mercenary. Right now, he's playing for the contract. He'll get it then capitulate or want out because Chelsea bought Sancho or summat and thus have to play him over Willian. Just like Luiz did once he wasn't a nailed on starter anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJRod View Post
      Don’t know, think I’d have to have DeBruyne and Kante in there.
      Kante had a good 2 years. Whereas Yaya is Manchester City's history.

I was conflicted with De Bruyne as well but believe it or not Eriksen is top 20 assists all-time in the Prem. So, I had to put him in for the decade.

Comment

• Willian?

That man is unstoppable about once every decade!

He done that to us once for Shakhtar Donetsk.

Do not give him a new contract for that.

It’s only Tottenham

Comment

• Mount was superb today.

I really didn’t want him to start in that formation because he’s not as quick as the others but he’s just very smart. Chelsea can’t press the ball without.

Kante looked better in a 2.

Kante he’s been dreadful for a few months. Has credit in the bank so it never gets picked up but he’s had a bad time recently. Today his role looked more defined.

I think we need another defensive mid. Ampadu would have done really. Not sure I’d want a new one

Comment

• Mount was superb today.

I really didn’t want him to start in that formation because he’s not as quick as the others but he’s just very smart. Chelsea can’t press the ball without.

Kante looked better in a 2.

Kante he’s been dreadful for a few months. Has credit in the bank so it never gets picked up but he’s had a bad time recently. Today his role looked more defined.

I think we need another defensive mid. Ampadu would have done really. Not sure I’d want a new one

Comment

• That was appalling. Our midfield is so poor, may as well just have cones in the midfield and let toby just hoof it up top for Son and Kane to feed on scraps.

A half-arsed Eriksen is the only decent passer who can also look after the ball in that entire midfield.

Dier and Sissoko is not a midfield 2 any team should have let alone one with any inkling of aspiration.

Winks isn't the player some were hoping he would be. A dull sideways pass and a loose forward pass is pretty much his M.O

Lo Celso looks like a complete waste of money, just a passenger every time he has played. Although he hasnt been given a decent run yet, i'm not holding out hope for him.

And as for Aurier as first choice RB, A complete and utter bum. I never say that lightly but really, he's so bad. How does a RB show someone like Willian the inside? An U-12 RB wouldn't have been so dumb.

Comment

• It’s remarkable that Spurs have gone from Walker, to Trippier, to Aurier. They can’t wonder why they’re not as good.

On reflection I still feel uncomfortable about that referees performance yesterday. Spurs were awful. But I think pre VAR he would have won Spurs a point.

I’m not saying he’s crooked. Though never seen him have anything but an abject game with Chelsea though I always think it’s gonna be hard to win when he’s ref that I actually look out for his name.

But he’s a massive homer of a ref. He’s got no common sense or agenda other than to not make decisions that will anger a home teams support.

I’ve seen it before from him.

I know it’s a hard job but he can’t do it. He can’t do the job. We need to start importing refs.

Alonso fouling their keeper by getting roundhoused is the worst decision I’ve ever seen on the football pitch. I just can’t accept that decision as an error. It’s a result of a narrative he’s gone into the game with.

His performance was the most compelling evidence for VAR I’ve seen.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-23-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  That was appalling. Our midfield is so poor, may as well just have cones in the midfield and let toby just hoof it up top for Son and Kane to feed on scraps.

A half-arsed Eriksen is the only decent passer who can also look after the ball in that entire midfield.

Dier and Sissoko is not a midfield 2 any team should have let alone one with any inkling of aspiration.

Winks isn't the player some were hoping he would be. A dull sideways pass and a loose forward pass is pretty much his M.O

Lo Celso looks like a complete waste of money, just a passenger every time he has played. Although he hasnt been given a decent run yet, i'm not holding out hope for him.

And as for Aurier as first choice RB, A complete and utter bum. I never say that lightly but really, he's so bad. How does a RB show someone like Willian the inside? An U-12 RB wouldn't have been so dumb.
                  Sometimes it makes sense to show them into traffic but not there.

The only thing I can think of is he thought Willian was left footed. Willian always plays on the right but probably is a bit better on the left just because he can make that sort of strike about once every 25 matches

Comment

• What is the rule on that Alonso foul though? Like the normal rule on a GK, in his box, attacking the ball?

I mean, first and foremost, he should have just used his hands but is it illegal for the GK to go for the ball? He just happened to whiff on it.

So if he connects with the ball, is it then a foul on Alonso for colliding with the GK?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      That was appalling. Our midfield is so poor, may as well just have cones in the midfield and let toby just hoof it up top for Son and Kane to feed on scraps.

Jose is shot.

It's sad to say but he set up Spurs to "not lose" rather than win by their own power.

Even his subs were misplaced. Eriksen should have been put at the 10. Ndombele should have came on for Dier instead.

But Jose is clearly damaged goods. He's playing specifically to not lose rather than win and he's been doing that since 2015.

Comment

Working...
                      X