Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Barcelona keep Valverde up until the end of the entire season. That way, when they end up not even with La Liga or crash out early of the CL, Messi and a host of players perform a mass exodus over the pure ******ation of ownership to not SACK THE MAN.

Sack Valverde
    Sell shot Suarez for a bag of peanuts (or throw him in Neymar deal)
    Fix whatever is going on with Semedo/Arthur/Roberto
    Bring in some young, quality defenders. Preferably from your youth camps.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      He's done.. tbh listening to Jose on sky I wouldn't mind him back and Roy Keane come back and kick out half of these pansies phaggots.. he'll who am I kidding it's more like 3/4 of the squad

I feel sorry for Ole tbh.. Jose was right this team is weaker then last year..

I think overall Maguire.. James and Bissaka >> Lukaku.. Fellani and Herrera in the long term.. but def in the short term we are weaker now..

Rahsford can't be used as a no9 or not one who will perform week in and week out

****ing sad James is the player we look too.. I want to do a Chelsea but I think too much is expected of United.. Chelsea are kind of given a pass because of the transfer ban.. even though they had tons of players on loan who they could recall so it was hardly a ban tbfh
      We bought a player (Kovacic) with a transfer ban.

I still don't think United is that bad. They're bad but not, rely on a championship 20 year old Swansea kid, bad.

I think Ole just doesn't have what it takes to manage at this level.

He's not a tactician. Nor can he turn average players into a great team, like Conte did with Victor Moses for example.

But watch him get a 2-1 victory against Chelsea. I don't know how, but somehow he's going to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
        I hope Barcelona keep Valverde up until the end of the entire season. That way, when they end up not even with La Liga or crash out early of the CL, Messi and a host of players perform a mass exodus over the pure ******ation of ownership to not SACK THE MAN.

Sack Valverde
        Sell shot Suarez for a bag of peanuts (or throw him in Neymar deal)
        Fix whatever is going on with Semedo/Arthur/Roberto
        Bring in some young, quality defenders. Preferably from your youth camps.
        Unless they can convince Luis Enrique to come back. Which I don't think they can, considering the tragedy that happened to him.

There's no one to hire. May as well keep Valverde. It's not like Barcelona will finish 3rd or lower.

Comment

• Chelsea kept a clean sheet..

Comment

• Tomori is classy.

To be fair Chelsea are relying on players that until now could only have been demonstrably championship players in Tomori, Mount, and Abraham.

Tells us 2 things.

1. Good players are better in good teams

2. The Championship IS a very good standard. Probably better than most European leagues in terms of physicality.

Will be interesting when RLC comes back to see what happens with Mount/Jorg. Presuming that Kante is untouchable. For most games I’d actually rather make the choice between Kante and Jorginho.

I don’t think we’re ever going to be good defensively this season so we need goals. That and RLC is tall and we can’t seem to defend corners to save our lives.

I do think Willian and Pedro have been rubbish though. Properly crap. Mount telling Willian when to press is typical of Willian. So you’ve got a player of 8 senior appearances telling you what to do and you have hundreds of appearances? He just has no football brain. Embarrassing.

I know we won but we must not get into a trap of playing Willian and Pedro - it will ruin the season a bit because they’ve demonstrably never been that good for us. Decent at best and now they’re old.. Pulisic must look woeful in training
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-29-2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• There is nothing to Mount/RLC. Mount will always play, so it's really RLC in the 433 or pivot of the 4231.

Mount won't be pushed out to accommodate anyone. It's the rest of the team that has to accommodate Mount.

Frank has made that very clear.

As for Pulisic. The only thing I can think of, is that he follows instructions too well.

From the cup game and Frank's post-game remarks.

It tells me that Pulisic did exactly what Frank asked and Frank doesn't value that. Pulisic went wide, ran at them, tried to make runs into the box. Just as Frank said he wanted them to do in the 2nd half. His words.

Whereas CHO, ignored that. CHO dropped off to collect the ball at his feet, and then drove forward. Much like Hazard would do.

In a way that made CHO look a lot more proactive. A lot better.

But in another way, it says Frank's instructions are stupid if he's looking at Pulisic as underperforming for carrying out his exact instructions and then preferring Willian for some perceived idea of good work rate. (which Willian doesn't have)

Comment

• I think both RLC and Mount are 8.5’s positionally. RLC I feel is going to be devastating in this team with this intent - I just think he’s our best player other than Kante full stop and he’ll take off now. Likely with a fairly short but phenomenal prime. Might have 5 great years in him.

Mount is more of a schemer. I suppose City played Silva and Yaya together but it’s a difficult tactical conundrum. Neither are meant to be wide. Jorginho is a leader and Kova is actually very good imo now.

Pulisic going to have be disciplined and to reinvent himself as a sort of textbook winger. Hold width and let CHO cut in and do what he likes. So what Frank done with him is correct probably.

I suppose we don’t know what is really happening. Pulisic might just be seen as needing to adjust to the speed and physicality which is common really. Fabinho at Liverpool needed time. Ivanovic at Chelsea needed a lot of time until he got starts.

Pedro has been bad though. I think he gets picked because he’s a goal threat. His general play is bad at the moment.
                He looks very frail.

Leicester looked good today again. Chilwell is some player as is Pereira. Top 3

Comment

• That's what I am hoping. That Frank is taking the same approach with Pulisic that Liverpool did with Fabinho.

I dont think he's going to be a balon runner up or anything but he's already better than Willian and shot-Pedro.

We'll see how Frank continues to improve the squad though. He hasnt even settled on a base formation either so it leaves room for Mount and RLC in months to come.

Have you kept up with Conor Gallagher? Another Reece James come up, possibly. With how he's going.

Gilmour too.

Comment

• I like Gilmour a lot.

Just worry about his size which is an age old problem in English football - we have an entrenched stigma about short midfielders and defenders.

But then Iniesta had that sort of frame.

I like Tino Anjorin too. Looks like another RLC.

Connor Gallagher was youth player of the year so he’s another top dog maybe.

I really like Tariq Lamptey as well. He’s a bit ‘older’ though so I guess he might not make it with us - and he’s tiny. But he’s a really fun player.

Comment

• Barca still want Willian

Can't wait for us to get beat tomorrow..

Alexis Sanchez scores 2 and gets sent off on his debut.. probably did more in 60 mins for Inter then he did the whole season at United.

Ducking ****

Comment

Working...
                      X