Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Hard, But Not Dieting/Eating Clean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crisp Jab View Post
    Training hard in the gym, but not dieiting an eating what you want?

Whats your opinion this?
    Alot of good points have been stated already. I have a cousin who is athletically gifted. When we were younger I use to preach to him how important dieting was, but, his mindset was, as long as you work your butt off in the gym then you could eat whatever you want.

His physique was good then but not great and he had great endurance and never really monitored what he ate, however, he ate in moderation most of the time.

Fast forward to now, his new hobby is triathlons and is a 5 year Ironman vet. He now has a nutritionist(who just happens to be the same nutritionist that works with one of the P4P best fighters of today)and he has mentioned to me how amazed he was at how much better he is physically/performance wise due to following a solid meal plan that caters to his chosen hobby.

He even mentioned that he should've paid more attention to dieting in his younger days and he thinks that he could've been better when he was already pretty good.

Moral of the story is, for some people, like my cousin, not paying close attention to adhering to a sound meal plan might not hurt you that much, but, having a solid meal plan will definitely help elevate your performance in your chosen sport.

Comment

But I really do enjoy the going the gym & training hard and pushing myself. But eating healthly just makes me pure misarable and I just feel its to much stress. I like to go out and eat nice food in resturants and not have to worry about the calories.

But like I said, I have NEVER touched alcohol or drugs, and do take vitamins and eat protien bars after each session, so it all bad.

But other than my diet is pretty much what I want.

Whats your training routine & diet IronDH?
      Mate it sounds like you're trying to make excuses to yourself for eating ****. Junk food is no good, full stop. Follow people's advice and not what you'd like to hear

Comment

Originally posted by CymruAmByth View Post
        Mate it sounds like you're trying to make excuses to yourself for eating ****. Junk food is no good, full stop. Follow people's advice and not what you'd like to hear
        Just looking for opinions. I just find having strict diet is to much stress and makes me misarable.

Comment

But I really do enjoy the going the gym & training hard and pushing myself. But eating healthly just makes me pure misarable and I just feel its to much stress. I like to go out and eat nice food in resturants and not have to worry about the calories.

But like I said, I have NEVER touched alcohol or drugs, and do take vitamins and eat protien bars after each session, so it all bad.

But other than my diet is pretty much what I want.

Whats your training routine & diet IronDH?
          You see, I'm the opposite.

I rarely ever eat any kind of fast or junk food, because I don't really like it. But if I ever am to eat just single meal of bad food like Southern Fried Chicken or a Burger or something I just feel lathargic and outright miserable.

As opposed to when I eat healthy (99.5% of the time) I feel fanatasitc. Sharp, energetic, and strong. As they say, healthy body, healthy mind. Could not be more accurate.

So you eat fast food alot? Or? If so, I would say your body is managing to handle it now, but down the line, it will not be able to. Trust me, I have heard this story so many times in my life, working in the fitness field. Just a warning there

Bad goods are just bad news, to be honest. I suggest to every last one of my clients to steer clear of it and recommend to literally never have it. But that's just me. Alot of people tend to agree with this but theres handful who don't.

My personal programme and diet is pretty relaxed, I used to be incredibley specific many years ago but now I just go with the flow aslong as it's good, fresh and natural foods. I only drink water and lots of it. And eat 3-4 meals a day (currently).

My training regime is also as basic as it comes;

Run at 6 Am
          Train at 12Pm (1-2 different muscle groups)

5-6 days a week.

Comment

Just looking for opinions. I just find having strict diet is to much stress and makes me misarable.
            It's not for everybody. It's a lifestyle commitment.

But your body will that you down the road for taking care of it now.

Comment

growing up, i had the worst sweet-tooth and still kinda do..

but when im competing, im always looking for that extra edge over my opponent, and a clean diet is always something solid i have a choice over

and after a good gym session, i just feel dirty if i dont eat something clean and natural afterwards

but treating yourself to something good(and fattening) every now and then is essential for the soul imo

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                You see, I'm the opposite.

I rarely ever eat any kind of fast or junk food, because I don't really like it. But if I ever am to eat just single meal of bad food like Southern Fried Chicken or a Burger or something I just feel lathargic and outright miserable.

As opposed to when I eat healthy (99.5% of the time) I feel fanatasitc. Sharp, energetic, and strong. As they say, healthy body, healthy mind. Could not be more accurate.

So you eat fast food alot? Or? If so, I would say your body is managing to handle it now, but down the line, it will not be able to. Trust me, I have heard this story so many times in my life, working in the fitness field. Just a warning there

Bad goods are just bad news, to be honest. I suggest to every last one of my clients to steer clear of it and recommend to literally never have it. But that's just me. Alot of people tend to agree with this but theres handful who don't.

My personal programme and diet is pretty relaxed, I used to be incredibley specific many years ago but now I just go with the flow aslong as it's good, fresh and natural foods. I only drink water and lots of it. And eat 3-4 meals a day (currently).

My training regime is also as basic as it comes;

Run at 6 Am
                Train at 12Pm (1-2 different muscle groups)

5-6 days a week.

So I gather your a personal trainer?

Comment

So I gather your a personal trainer?
                  I am, yes.

Comment

Dieting has a big effect in terms of your performance. It's suggested that 70% of an athlete performance is to do with diet. Diet is extremely important if you want to perform to the best of your abilities.

It's really up to you though and how dedicated you are to bettering yourself. They say 'Diet comes first, then training, then sleeping'..

Comment

Yeah. But Rampage Jackson diet consisted of McDoanlds duing his peak in Pride FC.

The very old school fighters, could fight all day and didn't know nothing about diets etc Ketchel, Greb, Langford.

Carlos Monzon smoked and his cardio was insane, and he was really well built.

And Usain Bolt recently said he really isn't all that fussed on dieting, and does like to eat junk food.

Comment

Working...
                      X