Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Hard, But Not Dieting/Eating Clean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crisp Jab View Post
    Yeah. But Rampage Jackson diet consisted of McDoanlds duing his peak in Pride FC.

The very old school fighters, could fight all day and didn't know nothing about diets etc Ketchel, Greb, Langford.

Carlos Monzon smoked and his cardio was insane, and he was really well built.

And Usain Bolt recently said he really isn't all that fussed on dieting, and does like to eat junk food.
    Well Rampage and Usain Bolt are black. So they don't count

Plus these guys are paid to be athletes and paid to train day in and day out. The amount of calories and energy these guys expend is more than any of us can comprehend, so they can afford those extra calories, in fact they probably need them. Even a guy like me who works out 5 days a week doesn't burn that many calories, so I have to watch what I eat, or I'll gain weight.

Also fighters aren't really concerned with how lean they are, just as long as they are in shape and bodyfat percentage isn't really an indication of being in shape. So eating quality food isn't exactly required. It's just a matter of getting enough calories to refuel and recover. Doesn't matter if it's from Chicken and Brown Rice or a Double Cheeseburger and Fries
    Last edited by Jack3d; 08-15-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

who the fuuck eats porridge?? Like you are an orphan saying more porridge sir haha

Comment

Just looking for opinions. I just find having strict diet is to much stress and makes me misarable.
        It's all habbit bro. As soon as you get into the habbit of eating healthy you won't even think about junk food. What i tend to do is eat healthy during the week and then have a fry up Saturday morning and mabye a take away in the night...i know it's not ideal but it's better than eating junk all week!

Comment

Originally posted by CymruAmByth View Post
          It's all habbit bro. As soon as you get into the habbit of eating healthy you won't even think about junk food. What i tend to do is eat healthy during the week and then have a fry up Saturday morning and mabye a take away in the night...i know it's not ideal but it's better than eating junk all week!
          So what does your diet consist of through the week?

Comment

So what does your diet consist of through the week?
            Something along the lines of...

7am: 3 eggs 2 slices of wholegrain bread and a cup of orange juice

10am: 1 apple and grapes

1pm: 2 tuna sandwiches with 50g of mixed nuts

3-4pm 2 oranges

7pm: chicken breast with brown rice and veg

I try and follow a similar plan on the weekends exept for the fry up in the mornings!

Comment

Originally posted by CymruAmByth View Post
              Something along the lines of...

7am: 3 eggs 2 slices of wholegrain bread and a cup of orange juice

10am: 1 apple and grapes

1pm: 2 tuna sandwiches with 50g of mixed nuts

3-4pm 2 oranges

7pm: chicken breast with brown rice and veg

I try and follow a similar plan on the weekends exept for the fry up in the mornings!
              Ps. I run 6am and train 5pm-6.30pm so i fit my food around that

Comment

My diet:

8am

Orange juice
                2 wheetabix with milk
                4 eggs (2 yoak)
                Banana
                1 Fish oil

12pm

1 tin of tuna
                Yogurt
                Berries
                3 chicken breast

3pm (snack)

Banana
                Almond nuts

5-7pm (big meal)

Fish/streak/chicken
                Pasta or brown rice
                Veggies

9pm

1 glass of milk
                Oats
                Protein shake

and repeat.

Your be raring to go!

Comment

See all this eating ever few hours, eating certain mesured out foods etc. Is just to stressfull, and stress is no good for the body.

I train hard, & take vitamins, But I eat the foods I like, and when I like. I feel it does me no harm.

Sure if I wanna go that next level, I would have to have a strict diet, but that **** makes me pure misarable & grumpy and would actually put me off training.

Comment

See all this eating ever few hours, eating certain mesured out foods etc. Is just to stressfull, and stress is no good for the body.

I train hard, & take vitamins, But I eat the foods I like, and when I like. I feel it does me no harm.

Sure if I wanna go that next level, I would have to have a strict diet, but that **** makes me pure misarable & grumpy and would actually put me off training.
                    Eating rubbish foods is more likely to less motivate you and depress you, fact. I can't stress enough how important diet is..Diet is KEY to tip top condition and performing at your very best.

It's up to you though, no one is making you do it, but if you want to be that bit better than the person in the gym then these things do make the difference. The person who has been dieting and training as hard as you is more likely to the kick the **** out of you because they have that extra bit in them.

At the end of the day the facts don't lie. If we could all eat what we wanted without it affecting our training then we'd be eating burgers everyday.

It depends how serious and dedicated you are though. The fact of the matter is, a person with a healthy diet already has an advantage over you. So that's 1-0 in their favor already..

It's up to you bro, but don't sweat it if you aren't to serious. It really boils down to how competitive you are and what your goals are.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                      Eating rubbish foods is more likely to less motivate you and depress you, fact. I can't stress enough how important diet is..Diet is KEY to tip top condition and performing at your very best.

It's up to you though, no one is making you do it, but if you want to be that bit better than the person in the gym then these things do make the difference. The person who has been dieting and training as hard as you is more likely to the kick the **** out of you because they have that extra bit in them.

At the end of the day the facts don't lie. If we could all eat what we wanted without it affecting our training then we'd be eating burgers everyday.

It depends how serious and dedicated you are though. The fact of the matter is, a person with a healthy diet already has an advantage over you. So that's 1-0 in their favor already..

It's up to you bro, but don't sweat it if you aren't to serious. It really boils down to how competitive you are and what your goals are.
                      You really do make some gd points.

But it's not like am a complete pig. I take vitamins (multi vit, b vit, zinc, magnisuem), i love oranges and do drink plenty of water.

But I just don't like to have a strict diet, and I just like to eat foods at like at any given time. I know diet is important, but it makes me feel misarable and vegtabales me me feel sick, and thats honest.

My moto is train hard, take vitamins, and eat the foods you like. I like to eat junk food, fast food, homecooking etc. And I feel it really dosent do me that much harm.

When I try to diet, the foods that I eat vegs, oats just make me feel sick and put me off training all together.

Comment

Working...
                      X