Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Jinx thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jinx man, ive been told that carbohydrates is also neede after training. Some people mix carbohydrates with the protein drink, for example they mix protein with juice. Should I too?
    Last edited by Real Deal; 11-04-2004, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spired
      Jinx man, ive been told that carbohydrates is also neede after training. Some people mix carbohydrates with the protein drink, for example they mix protein with juice. Should I too?
      After your workout, your carb-to-protein ratio should be around 2:1. Mix your carbs after your workout. Simple carbs (like glucose and/or ribose) should be taken immediately after your workout. This will replenish the carbs you have just spent during your workout. This is also a good time to take your whey protein. Remember to eat solid food about 30 minutes after you conclude your workout. Your post-workout meal should consist of more complex carbs, like the ones found in potatoes or pastas, as well as some sort of lean meat or another good source of protein.

Comment

I can't afford carbohydrates supplements man. I can only take whey with water. And then when i get home about in 30-40 minutes, then I eat some food too. Is that good?

Comment

I can't afford carbohydrates supplements man. I can only take whey with water. And then when i get home about in 30-40 minutes, then I eat some food too. Is that good?

I didnt ask you to take anymore supplements, About 40 minutes after drinking your whey you say you will be home, that is a good time to eat some solid food and get carbs into your body to replinish it.

This would be a good time to possibly make yourself a chicken breast or have some pasta or veggies and sweet potatoes to get the carbs to restore what you burned.....Just remember NATURAL foods and you will be set.

Comment

Alright spinks. This is my routine that i thought would be good.

In the morning I wake up at 6, then I eat muesli with milk, take centrum pils and drink Ultra Gel. Now should i drink Ultra Gel in the morning or later? Then I go to school, I eat lunch there, usualy some soup or potatos with pasta, and dessert. When i get home about 3 or 4 Pm, then I take Whey drink. Then I eat some food. Then I go training and after that I drink whey and then eat some food later.

that sound good?

Comment

Spinks, I still have some champion 8 left. I will drink it quick with syrup. Then i use the champion 8 box to put whey into there.

Comment

Alright spinks. This is my routine that i thought would be good.

In the morning I wake up at 6, then I eat muesli with milk, take centrum pils and drink Ultra Gel. Now should i drink Ultra Gel in the morning or later? Then I go to school, I eat lunch there, usualy some soup or potatos with pasta, and dessert. When i get home about 3 or 4 Pm, then I take Whey drink. Then I eat some food. Then I go training and after that I drink whey and then eat some food later.

that sound good?

So basically it is a rundown like this

6am-Muesli w/ milk/centrum pills and ultra gel.-I hope you dont drink the milk w/ that...You might want to switch to a better breakfast but this will suit you ok for now and no drastic changes needed, also the time period you take the ultra gel is fine.

noon is lunchtime possibly?-I would cut out the desert unless it is some kind of fruit or vegetables nothing sweet, the soup could be cut as well due to the high sodium content but you can wash that away with water. Also between 6-lunchtime you are not eating anything you might want to add a healthy small snack in their, fruit is great in the morning so possibly consider that.

3-4-whey and food, I would either drop the whey or drop the food one or the other

After Training-Whey is fine.

You could change it up a bit, you seem to be pretty low on Protein and getting a high amount of carbs.

I would up the protein intake (not through whey but through natural foods) also make sure that pasta isnt enriched, you want nothing enriched/bleached.

Remember protein is the building blocks for muscle and Carbs is the source for energy.....

Comment

I go home at 3 or 4 PM, it depends. Boxing training starts 5:30. Should I eat chicken? I can eat chicken sometimes. Should I eat a banana after/before training?

I take the Ultra gel with water, it has lemonn taste.

Comment

Should I eat chicken after trainig for dinner?

Comment

• Originally posted by spired
                      Should I eat chicken after trainig for dinner?

Any lean white meats will do (fish/turkey/chicken)

Make sure the turkey is LEAN!

It has to be breast no thighs, drumsticks or anything like that and make sure their is no skin...

You can eat whatever you want before or after a workout as long as it healthy just stick w/ white meats when eating meats though...

Banana is a no no...I wouldnt even bother w/ fruit past the afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X