Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Took Over in The Second Half - I Won The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
    Very good point. It felt like the production team had the same issue. As soon as Loma started getting into the fight all the highlights became Loma replays. These things are contributing to why even with a clear and convincing win there are still people who believe Loma somehow won that fight. ESPN needs to do better or they will find themselves in the same position as HBO Boxing.
    Well said bro.... infact I believe that anyone who had that fight a draw, was scoring based on emotion(when you want someone to win so bad, the mind begins to come up with reasons to give them the rounds)
    I've watched the fight thrice and I can't give Loma more than 3 rounds.

Comment

• Loma got sonned

Comment

• If you are as popular as mayweather then probably the judges had favor you by 116-112 of that performance but you are not close to floyd as being the boxing cash cow.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Lopez won 1-7 and 12. No question about it.

116-112.
          Exactly how I had it. And I think I was generous in those mid to late rounds because I was looking for Loma to do something.

It's hard to criticise the guy who gets in the ring, but Loma knows he simply wasn't throwing punches in the first 7 rounds. He lost the fight without ever really testing how he matches up against Lopez. He knows he lost that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
            It was a good punch for Loma in the 2nd but not enough to win the round....JMHO.
            Absolutely Bro, Teo did the steady work the whole round and Loma lands a few good shots. I didn’t see enough to say Loma overturned all the great work Teo did. #2 is still a Teophemo round. He controlled the round, set the pace, landed more shots and won The Who would I rather be eye ball test. Loma barely threw anything. He seemed to be locked up and fleeing

Comment

• Originally posted by Walexhris View Post
              Well said bro.... infact I believe that anyone who had that fight a draw, was scoring based on emotion(when you want someone to win so bad, the mind begins to come up with reasons to give them the rounds)
              I've watched the fight thrice and I can't give Loma more than 3 rounds.
              Well said... Andre Ward needs to read this after releasing that 114-114 card.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                This site would be a much better place if more posters could bring themselves to do what jonnyc420 did in this post when the guy they like loses.

Kudos to you!
                Thank you sir, I don't make excuses if I get it wrong, I own it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Lopez was definitely the bigger, stronger man — the younger man as well. The lay-off may have had something to do with it. Then again, although Loma wasn’t himself, he wasn’t bad either. His superior speed and skill showed. It’s possible he simply just can’t get past the size and strength factors. I’d love to see them meet again. It’s the only way to know for sure.
                  I didn't see superior speed or skill from Lomachenko. Lopez was outboxing him and looked faster. They both had long layoffs too. We don't need to see it again to know for sure. We already saw it.

Some of you go out of your way to make excuses instead of just giving credit to the winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    I didn't see superior speed or skill from Lomachenko. Lopez was outboxing him and looked faster. They both had long layoffs too. We don't need to see it again to know for sure. We already saw it.

Some of you go out of your way to make excuses instead of just giving credit to the winner.
                    Lopez deserves credit, of course, but one can say you’re giving him too much credit. When Lomachenko decided to get in the game, in the middle rounds, he was more dominant than Teofimo was in the early going. Lopez finished strong, almost taking Vasyl out in the twelfth, but that was his most dominant round by far. Fight was a draw, in my view, although if pressed I would’ve given the nod to Lopez. So, yeah, I’d like to see them do it again, thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Lopez deserves credit, of course, but one can say you’re giving him too much credit. When Lomachenko decided to get in the game, in the middle rounds, he was more dominant than Teofimo was in the early going. Lopez finished strong, almost taking Vasyl out in the twelfth, but that was his most dominant round by far. Fight was a draw, in my view, although if pressed I would’ve given the nod to Lopez. So, yeah, I’d like to see them do it again, thank you very much.
                      this. didnt score it but i felt a draw would be fair after the fight ended, but then again my opinion should be void considering i watched on a dodgy stream at 5am after several blunts & coffee

btw who is that in ur avatar? looks familiar.

Comment

Working...
                      X