Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Took Over in The Second Half - I Won The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Lopez deserves credit, of course, but one can say you’re giving him too much credit. When Lomachenko decided to get in the game, in the middle rounds, he was more dominant than Teofimo was in the early going. Lopez finished strong, almost taking Vasyl out in the twelfth, but that was his most dominant round by far. Fight was a draw, in my view, although if pressed I would’ve given the nod to Lopez. So, yeah, I’d like to see them do it again, thank you very much.

You're not even making any sense. If the fight was a "draw" why would you give it to Lopez if pressed? You can't have it both ways. Either you think he won or you don't.

Fights are scored on a round by round basis. Not by his how you believe a fighter performed in the rounds they won. Sorry but that's not how scoring a fight works. Lopez won more rounds and that's the only criteria that matters.

By the way, the fight wasn't a draw but you can keep lying to yourself about that. Lopez clearly won and acknowledging that is not giving him too much credit. If anything you're giving Lomachenko far too much credit. At no point was he "dominating" Lopez. Not even in the rounds he won. You can't even up a fight by only winning rounds 8-11, after losing the first 7 and clearly losing round 12.
    Last edited by joseph5620; 10-20-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Even when Loma “took over” he was still getting beat to the punch when he tried to get inside and got outworked most of the late rounds.
      This is what happens when your strategy involves not doing much early. Little margin for error.

Comment

• Let's just say that if I had anything more than a forum pick 'em riding on this fight, I'd be plenty pissed at Lomachenko's performance. As it stands, I'm sorely disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
          this. didnt score it but i felt a draw would be fair after the fight ended, but then again my opinion should be void considering i watched on a dodgy stream at 5am after several blunts & coffee

btw who is that in ur avatar? looks familiar.
          If he looks familiar, then you’re an avid chess player. That is Jose Raul Capablanca, third world chess champion. A Cuban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walexhris View Post
            He didn't hand it out, it was taken from him
            If that's what you saw.......

Imho, taking rds away is when one guys dominates an exchange.
            Or batters a guy from pillar to post.

That did not happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
              If that's what you saw.......

Imho, taking rds away is when one guys dominates an exchange.
              Or batters a guy from pillar to post.

That did not happen.
              When you consider the fact that Loma is a world class boxer, you'd realise that this makes no sense....
              Teo wasn't fighting a human punching bag, he was fighting a boxer that knows how to move, so of course, Loma wasn't battered, but he didn't hand out rounds either, he just couldn't find a way in, and he kept trying.
              There was a time he tried to spin quickly to teo's left and teo had a left hook to the body waiting, when it landed I heard Bradley say that left hook lifted Loma.
              Teo was just as fast, just as focused & with better timing

Comment

• Originally posted by Walexhris View Post
                When you consider the fact that Loma is a world class boxer, you'd realise that this makes no sense....
                Teo wasn't fighting a human punching bag, he was fighting a boxer that knows how to move, so of course, Loma wasn't battered, but he didn't hand out rounds either, he just couldn't find a way in, and he kept trying.
                There was a time he tried to spin quickly to teo's left and teo had a left hook to the body waiting, when it landed I heard Bradley say that left hook lifted Loma.
                Teo was just as fast, just as focused & with better timing
                Doing nothing = Giving away rds
                When you throw hands, anything is possible.

We obvious saw that Loma WAS able to eventually reach Teo. Nothing prevented Loma from fighting in the early rds except his lame strategy.

I bet you he won't repeat that mistake if there's a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                  Doing nothing = Giving away rds
                  When you throw hands, anything is possible.

We obvious saw that Loma WAS able to eventually reach Teo. Nothing prevented Loma from fighting in the early rds except his lame strategy.

I bet you he won't repeat that mistake if there's a rematch.
                  So you're just gonna act like the 12th didn't happen.
                  There was a boxer that won a round without throwing a punch, can't remember the name, the reason he won was because it was obvious that he was doing exactly what he wanted to do.
                  In Loma's case, he had a problem negotiating the distance & he was smart enough to know that if he committed early, it would have been bad for him.
                  Loma couldn't toy with Lopez as he did with other fighters, he was very ordinary that night & the reason was simple...teo took away the angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                    If you are as popular as mayweather then probably the judges had favor you by 116-112 of that performance but you are not close to floyd as being the boxing cash cow.
                    Why are you mentioning Mayweather in this thread?

Comment

• I guess Loma was doing it for the hood too, he probably love ya’ll

Comment

Working...
                      X