No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Sergiy Derevyanchenko - Official Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Too much, skimmed. You don’t seem to see the significance of a controversial decision. Too thick, I guess. And Beating a 20 year old who hasn’t fought anyone isn’t beating a prime guy. Especially if he’s drained, it removes the only strength of being young doesn’t it? Which is energy levels.

This definitely is a waste of time.
    Lol... No made too much ****ing sense. It stands on its own, get to running. And don’t Quote my message again ****ing loser.

Comment

Too much, skimmed. You don’t seem to see the significance of a controversial decision. Too thick, I guess. And Beating a 20 year old who hasn’t fought anyone isn’t beating a prime guy. Especially if he’s drained, it removes the only strength of being young doesn’t it? Which is energy levels.

This definitely is a waste of time.
      Lol... By the way escape artist formerly known as SpiltSecond, looks like you made it to the bottom of my message after all.

So Canelo beats Prime Trout and Lopez and he is the right seasoned age, then calls out Mayweather with a massive “13,” year advantage and gets starched smooth. Beat him so badly the judges could barely give Canelo a round. Not to mention Floyd beat Pacquiao who is still beating top fighters. A year later Canelo was destroying Angulo and getting his second best win of his career a controversial decision against Lara. So did the green where off in the next fight? Man you guys need to stop. The media actually has you believing their spin. Too ****ing easy bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
        Lol... By the way escape artist formerly known as SpiltSecond, looks like you made it to the bottom of my message after all.

So Canelo beats Prime Trout and Lopez and he is the right seasoned age, then calls out Mayweather with a massive “13,” year advantage and gets starched smooth. Beat him so badly the judges could barely give Canelo a round. Not to mention Floyd beat Pacquiao who is still beating top fighters. A year later Canelo was destroying Angulo and getting his second best win of his career a controversial decision against Lara. So did the green where off in the next fight? Man you guys need to stop. The media actually has you believing their spin. Too ****ing easy bro.
        I mean. How many more times will I have to repeat myself. At least you tried to counter with something with this reply.

Comment

The problem with analyzing GGG career is his slide happened at the exact time his competition got better. He has debatable loses to Jacobs, Canelo and now Derevychenko. Do I think he has gotten A bit older... yes. But part of me says he is more dynamic than a few years ago.

The problem with recent performances was as the competition stiffened he didn’t look like a monster. When they recently placed him in with Steve Rolls a small not active Vanes he was the same tank we witnessed once again. GGG looked as great as he did because of who was place in the ring with him. That will always be a problem with his legacy. And when he retires it will surely come to light.
          You should go and actually watch those fights. He looked like crap against both of them before the KOs. The physical decline is easy to see, sadly.

For example, in the fights vs. Steven and Geale, he was clearly not afraid to take a shot in order to return one. Now? He always covers up and backs up. Done this since Brook/Jacobs.

In 2014-2016, his jabbing, specifically counterjabbing, was at ATG level (here's a video). He destroyed Lemieux with the jab in 15. He dominated Canelo in the 1st fight with the jab, even though Canelo had faster hands in every other department. He dominated Jacobs with the jab, despite Danny being significantly longer.
          Now? In the 2nd Canelo fight, he was getting countered off the jab constantly. Against Rolls, he barely jabbed, mostly unsuccessfully. Against Derevyanchenko, his jab was kinda there, but it surely wasn't a deterrent it used to be.

Several fighters are on public record stating they have no interest to fight him in his prime. From Froch's "avoid him like the plague", Canelo giving up the belt in 2015, Sergio saying hell no, BJ Saunders saying he needs 18 months, Jermall having absolutely no interest in him until last year, etc. List goes on.

We'll never know how prime G would have measured up against someone like Floyd, Ward, or Canelo, and that's a true shame for the sport. But don't come even try with "he got a bit older".

Most great fighters have already retired by the time G got his first shot.

Comment

Bro you guys are killing me...
            At Middleweight you knucklehead. All the guys I mentioned were Middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              You should go and actually watch those fights. He looked like crap against both of them before the KOs. The physical decline is easy to see, sadly.

For example, in the fights vs. Steven and Geale, he was clearly not afraid to take a shot in order to return one. Now? He always covers up and backs up. Done this since Brook/Jacobs.

In 2014-2016, his jabbing, specifically counterjabbing, was at ATG level (here's a video). He destroyed Lemieux with the jab in 15. He dominated Canelo in the 1st fight with the jab, even though Canelo had faster hands in every other department. He dominated Jacobs with the jab, despite Danny being significantly longer.
              Now? In the 2nd Canelo fight, he was getting countered off the jab constantly. Against Rolls, he barely jabbed, mostly unsuccessfully. Against Derevyanchenko, his jab was kinda there, but it surely wasn't a deterrent it used to be.

Several fighters are on public record stating they have no interest to fight him in his prime. From Froch's "avoid him like the plague", Canelo giving up the belt in 2015, Sergio saying hell no, BJ Saunders saying he needs 18 months, Jermall having absolutely no interest in him until last year, etc. List goes on.

We'll never know how prime G would have measured up against someone like Floyd, Ward, or Canelo, and that's a true shame for the sport. But don't come even try with "he got a bit older".

Most great fighters have already retired by the time G got his first shot.
              I saw the ****ing fights. He looked like the same GGG that looked bad fighting a smaller Kell Brook. That looked bad until the KO when he fought a light puncher in Dominic Wade. That was taken serious heat against Martin Murray.

He was just walking through the fire because he had the heavier weaponry. What is the difference?

Don’t get upset at me for calling it out. I simply say if he isn’t the goods anymore they missed his opportunity to show up.

Abel at the time and his promoters should have put him in with a few solid/ slick boxers with power to prove he could accomplish what other great Middleweights did. Lara called him out from 154 and nothing happened.

But they matched him skittish and now we have to imagine what he would have done in his “so called,” prime. Show us, we shouldn’t have to imagine anything. What part of boxing is this?

I still find it anti-iconic that GGG stops steam rolling guys as soon as he fights the guys on his level.

None of you can solve that hard problem. You missed the window to demand better fights for his legacy. A lot of you were just fine with Dominic Wades and you are still fine with the Steve Rolls.
              Last edited by Fire4231; 10-02-2020, 05:22 AM.

Comment

I mean. How many more times will I have to repeat myself. At least you tried to counter with something with this reply.
                Quit shapeshifting bro, you haven’t said ***** in response. Every one can check this thread.

Lol... You act like you the only one here that can scroll back and read? Don’t repeat your self because you haven’t said anything that should be repeated. Stop playing games with grown @$$ men.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  At Middleweight you knucklehead. All the guys I mentioned were Middleweights.
                  Don’t change the narrative and stop hiding my quotes to save face. People can scroll back and learn you don’t know ***** about boxing.

Comment

Lol... The problem with you dudes is you protect the fighters you like and then want to give them the same accolades as the guys who took risks and fought monsters.

Don’t work that way, GGG is no Hagler because he didn’t fight the competition needed to show up on that level. When he finally did he was getting gifts for taking losses left and right. We can say he would have dominated Jacobs, Canelo and Derevychenko in his so called “prime,” but what proof do we have that this isn’t near prime and that he would have been more dominant in the past. No one should have to imagine a fighters legacy. When he was fighting light punchers, unknown names and little guys he could have been making statements. Half of what made him look great was Lampley’s biased HBO commentary. You rewatch the big drama show and tell me Lampley was calling it like it was. When it comes to boxing legacy it’s either there or it’s not. And should of, could of, would of gets no play in a legit sport.

Even right now half you guys are protecting GGG from the monsters at middleweight. No unearned legacy here, either you took on the killers or you didn’t. And when GGG scratched surface of top fighters he looked ****ing terrible.
                    Last edited by Fire4231; 10-02-2020, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I saw the ****ing fights. He looked like the same GGG that looked bad fighting a smaller Kell Brook. That looked bad until the KO when he fought a light puncher in Dominic Wade. That was taken serious heat against Martin Murray.

He was just walking through the fire because he had the heavier weaponry. What is the difference?

Don’t get upset at me for calling it out. I simply say if he isn’t the goods anymore they missed his opportunity to show up.

Abel at the time and his promoters should have put him in with a few solid/ slick boxers with power to prove he could accomplish what other great Middleweights did. Lara called him out from 154 and nothing happened.

But they matched him skittish and now we have to imagine what he would have done in his “so called,” prime. Show us, we shouldn’t have to imagine anything. What part of boxing is this?

I still find it anti-iconic that GGG stops steam rolling guys as soon as he fights the guys on his level.

None of you can solve that hard problem. You missed the window to demand better fights for his legacy. A lot of you were just fine with Dominic Wades and you are still fine with the Steve Rolls.
                      Yawn. I gave you specifics, which you didn't even attempt to refute. Instead, you're stating the same factless drivel as before while dropping F bombs and saying I'm upset? If you can't hold an argument, don't bother.

Comment

Working...
                      X