Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Sergiy Derevyanchenko - Official Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your comment is great btw ecuasionz I'm thinking ODLH doesn't wanna cashout Munguia because of the Alvarez turmoil more now

Comment

Best fight I've watched since Fury vs Wilder II and my prediction came as I thought it was gonna be except that Jermall did not stop Derevianchenko.

Jermall is a very strong guy with a great chin, I'm totally on the hype train now,like I've said "styles makes fights", giving what happens tonight I'm not sure he beats GGG, Canelo or Andrade but I'm 100% sure he gives those guys a very difficult fight.

The guy has power, is very poised, has a chin, has a solid defense, and knows how to box, that's a complete fighter in my eyes, hoping to watch him again on the near future.
      Last edited by batista84; 09-27-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JERMELL_CHARLO_ View Post
        your comment is great btw ecuasionz I'm thinking ODLH doesn't wanna cashout Munguia because of the Alvarez turmoil more now
        He might as well cash him out. Better than getting KO'd by a nobody. Mungia look like he could lose to a nobody on any given night, and then Oscar would get no money anyway. But so many have filled that young man up with air that Jermall should take the wind out of his sails for some clout. Then line up Eubank.

Comment

I had it 118-111, due to 1 round being even. Another round Dev was winning but got hurt at the end, so I gave to Jermall. You give Dev the even round I had, and the round he was winning until he got hurt, and you end up with 116-112, so I'd say the cards were right on point. Anybody who had a draw, or even worse, Dev winning, needs to get out of boxing, and go watch another sport.

Comment

Those judges are OFFICIAL???

I had 7-5 or 6-6. I could kinda understand 8-4. But anything above that for Charlo is amatourish judging disgrace.
            Powerfull jab does NOT equal power punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              i def agree for the most part.....you may be right...his age/slipping may be a built in excuse for not looking like a machine versus first rate compby his super fans(theyre good at excuses).....its been no secret he dominates C/D level comp like no other.....and thats exactly like you said will be a problem with his legacy.....too many wades, rolls etc...curtis stevens? that guy lost to legit D level club guys like primera and brinkley

i think its already come to light by message board boxing fans...the problem is the boxing media, who largely define a fighters legacy/career, are usually lenient on fighters and heap praise on them for too little...most scribes have never really laced them up and almost fawn over the "gladiators" who "put their health and life on the line"....which i understand...as fans we do that too....we understand how difficult and brutal the sport it is....at the same time when we compare fighters and judge them relative to other fighters some come up short....to me golovkins career has come up short....
              Great context, GGG is not yet at a place where he is hall of fame inadequate. But he has to beat some one of worth th live up to the ridiculous accolades the boxing media has put on his back. We see it only the fan boys are celebrating when he steam rolls a guy right for the cherry picking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
                Those judges are OFFICIAL???

I had 7-5 or 6-6. I could kinda understand 8-4. But anything above that for Charlo is amatourish judging disgrace.
                Powerfull jab does NOT equal power punch.
                In the case of Canelo V Ggg 2 I would agree but this was not that fight. I saw a highly flawed Jermall but I still had him winning comfortably. Sure Derev landed a lot of clean shots but if you look at the damage it inflicted versus the shots that Jermall landed. It was clear to see that Jermall had the better punches. I gave Derev 3 rounds and I could possibly argue 4 but that is a stretch.

As flawed as I may think Jermall is, his power and size is too much for most in the division. Derev gave a solid performance and had he been 2 inches taller with an additional 2 inch reach I think he could have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
                  In the case of Canelo V Ggg 2 I would agree but this was not that fight. I saw a highly flawed Jermall but I still had him winning comfortably. Sure Derev landed a lot of clean shots but if you look at the damage it inflicted versus the shots that Jermall landed. It was clear to see that Jermall had the better punches. I gave Derev 3 rounds and I could possibly argue 4 but that is a stretch.

As flawed as I may think Jermall is, his power and size is too much for most in the division. Derev gave a solid performance and had he been 2 inches taller with an additional 2 inch reach I think he could have won.
                  Yes, damage from Jermall was serious... because he is bigger man. His jabs did more damage that Chenko's power punches (body or head). The fight was competitive and much closer because it's boxing where judges should count throws from technique perspective and not act like bartenders-like: this guy has granite chin and took it like a champ so opponent's shot doesn't count!, - you know?

Just look at the CompuBox punch stat's - yes, I know those can be misleading but it can't lie THAT much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
                    Yes, damage from Jermall was serious... because he is bigger man. His jabs did more damage that Chenko's power punches (body or head). The fight was competitive and much closer because it's boxing where judges should count throws from technique perspective and not act like bartenders-like: this guy has granite chin and took it like a champ so opponent's shot doesn't count!, - you know?

Just look at the CompuBox punch stat's - yes, I know those can be misleading but it can't lie THAT much.
                    Look at it this way. In a street fight if you hit me and it does not hurt me no matter how nasty the punch looks but I hit you once and you stumble and are bloodied. Whose punches do you think matter more?

Derev landed a lot of clean shots on Jermall and they may have tired him a bit but he never looked to be in trouble or worried. Jermalls punches on Derev were not the same. Derev clearly took punishment. I read an article once about how a certain judge judge's a fight. Ultimately it came down to punch effectiveness. Jermall's had more of an effect on Derev than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
                      The problem with analyzing GGG career is his slide happened at the exact time his competition got better. He has debatable loses to Jacobs, Canelo and now Derevychenko. Do I think he has gotten A bit older... yes. But part of me says he is more dynamic than a few years ago.

The problem with recent performances was as the competition stiffened he didn’t look like a monster. When they recently placed him in with Steve Rolls a small not active Vanes he was the same tank we witnessed once again. GGG looked as great as he did because of who was place in the ring with him. That will always be a problem with his legacy. And when he retires it will surely come to light.
                      Bernard Hopkins was saying that Golovkin has been on the decline since the Kell Brooks fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X