Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "The Greatest" Ali: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Ali tires Fury out and pushes him over late rounds. double confident if it's 15

Definitely a 15 rounder. Who wouldn't want to watch these two gladiators dance under those bright lights, trading shots, putting together combinations...

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
      Ali was 24 with Cooper to, funny how you try to excuse Fury at 24 but at like that was Ali at his best
      Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Ali got up at the count of 3 and stopped Cooper in the next round. There was no "out" for 90 seconds between. Ali was also young at 21 years of age. Stop lying.

https://youtu.be/Jyu2iCkrHmE
      You're both wrong!

Ali was 23 in the first Cooper fight. He did beat he the count, but he was still dazed when he got up, and imo, he was lucky that the KD happened just before the bell, or he would have been in real trouble.

Ali vs Fury?

I voted draw / too close to call. This fight would go the distance. Neither has devastating one punch power, both have good chins, huge hearts, and stamina to burn. A lot would depend on how much mauling and other "cute" tactics the ref allows, and how the judges interpreted the action.

And which versions of Ali and Fury are the peak versions? Ali had a different style and approach after he came back from his ban, "Kronk Fury" is a completely different fighter than the "Peter Fury Fury" who beat Wlad.

There are too many unknown factors for me to call this either way.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        So Fury gets dropped for a 7 count by Cunningham and loses rounds to Walling and is damn near KOed and fights a draw with sloppy poor boxing Wilder and yet he is so much better than Ali that the fight is a mismatch in his favor. Do you by chance live in the UK?
        When was Fury ever saved by the bell by a 185 pounder who ironically was from the U.K ? Don’t cOme at me if you don’t know your boxing history and think I won’t compare similar fights ,do your research before being lame to think Ali will look better then Fury has in his career ,if you knew that you can see several guys with long jabs who really gave Ali problems doesn’t Fury have an 85 inch reach ? Did you at least know this ? Is that the best you got an early fight without Furys trainer present in what year and think it’s an easy fight for a guy with a similarly complex style but imop not as tight as Furys ? Ha

Yes Ali throws crisper shots but that doesn’t mean he should be favored in this one when power and awkward tactics are met with more awkwardness and more heavy shots in spots .
        Last edited by REDEEMER; 06-19-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
          Thanks .I tend to agree with Ali when he said:
          " he was the greatest heavyweight of all time ".

Yes.I sometimes watch Box nation of which my broadband provider BT has given me as part of my deal with them.I often watch boxing on YouTube channels as well .I tend though to stick to the boxing autobiography's as opposed to the journalistic accounts of magazines like the ring which by all accounts has gone downhill although special mention must go to ringside seat a new e magazine. Likewise they bring a annual book out in print which isnt bad.
          One of the best resumes for his time no one can argue that but like today if you go down the list there’s a few fights fought at the wrong times .

I say his because if anyone struggles or loses they are bums now ,just using the same criteria here when someone tells me Ali was unbeatable which tells me they don’t really watch boxing because he skimmed out on nearly losing multiple times and did lose ,I guess that’s not enough ? Ha

Ali is a top 3 ATG but when doing fantasy fights it doesn’t really matter throwing in resumes unless you can compare similar opponents to add to it . Ali simply didn’t like going forward and if you can’t go forward on Fury you don’t win no matter what your name is so therefore I couldn’t pick Ali myself even if I wanted to without lying which most on here do ,particularly Wilder fans .
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 06-19-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

In a trilogy Ali wins 2. Fury wins 1. The AT G decide things over 2 or 3 fights not 1 fight. 1 fight tells you nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              In a trilogy Ali wins 2. Fury wins 1. The AT G decide things over 2 or 3 fights not 1 fight. 1 fight tells you nothing.
              Ali leaves in an ambulance and never pursues a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                He was barely conscious in the corner for the entire minute. I was saying they would both had to be at their best in a mythical match and Ali at his best, would not beat Fury at his best. How does he beat him exactly?

He isn't outboxing Fury from range. So he;s going to rough Fury up on the inside? I think not.
                Ali got up at three and stopped Cooper in the next round. So"barely conscious for a minute" is a lie.

I'm not even going to argue about who would win. Ali was better than Fury in every aspect of the game. Faster hands, feet, better inside fighter, better boxer, better jab. He is recognized by many as the greatest heavyweight ever. Fury is nowhere near that level and that's all that I need to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  You're both wrong!

Ali was 23 in the first Cooper fight. He did beat he the count, but he was still dazed when he got up, and imo, he was lucky that the KD happened just before the bell, or he would have been in real trouble.

Ali vs Fury?

I voted draw / too close to call. This fight would go the distance. Neither has devastating one punch power, both have good chins, huge hearts, and stamina to burn. A lot would depend on how much mauling and other "cute" tactics the ref allows, and how the judges interpreted the action.

And which versions of Ali and Fury are the peak versions? Ali had a different style and approach after he came back from his ban, "Kronk Fury" is a completely different fighter than the "Peter Fury Fury" who beat Wlad.

There are too many unknown factors for me to call this either way.

Ali was 21 in the first Cooper fight. His next fight was with Sonny Liston after just turning 22. Ali was born in 1942. The first Cooper fight was in 1963. So either you're lying or you can't count.
                  Last edited by joseph5620; 06-19-2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Ali was 21 in the first Cooper fight. His next fight was with Sonny Liston after just turning 22. Ali was born in 1942. The first Cooper fight was in 1963. So either you're lying or you can't count.
                    Can I go 50:50?

Comment

Another thread that embarrasses the site. What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X