Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "The Greatest" Ali: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Fast ?!?!?!?

Ali can stand still and make Fury look clumsy.

Fury may win a rd.

Fury by Ko

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      You're both wrong!

Ali was 23 in the first Cooper fight..
      ah the first cooper fight.

both of which he won by early stoppage, that cooper?

kind of the opposite of what you claim then.

lets play your "one fight only" game with fury - he couldnt beat crappy wilder!

Comment

Size plays an important role in Boxing. Especially at heavy. Ali faced every style there was and assuming this is both fighters with their peak physical condition + knowledge...
        I'll go Ali SD.
        1. Ali hits harder than Fury. Barr the Wilder rematch, fury wasn't a puncher. Ali has always had thunder in his hands.
        2. Both have been dropped- Fury has been dropped by far less skilled fighters than + smaller fighters than Ali.
        3. When it come to slick boxing at the heavy division. Ali and Fury take the top slots from what I've seen. Except Ali is a natural at it. Extremely fluid. Its a first language for Ali. Fury is good too but he's stiff, I can see the stiffness when he boxes. Not AJ stiff, but stiffer than Ali, like a third language for Fury.
        4. Here's what makes #3 matter most: Ali was faster than Fury. Not on some flash level inhuman speed. But Ali had quicker feet, legs, hands, everything over fury.
        5. Ali had a better chin than Fury. While not Ajs paper chin, Fury has shown a good clock under his bottom lip will daze him.
        6. What fury does have is a size + skillset never seen before. It's for that insane combination that I'm calling the fight at SD for Ali. Fury could get in their and fight Ali the way Wilder would get in the ring and fight Mike Tyson. What people don't recognize is this: Fury is NOT the most skilled at heavyweight. He's just the most skilled and undefeated at heavy. Ortiz is the most skilled at HW. Fury just has great enough skill + SIZE to bolster himself over opponents. Ali had terrible defense. Seriously his defense was not good beyond his legs: which were his primary tool for defense. Even Wilder, who's taller than Ali was getting clocked simply for keeping his hands down but miscalculating the reach of Fury's arms. It would happen to the smaller Ali too. Ali also while having a slightly better punch variation than Wilder has the past few years- didn't have much of a punch variation himself. Ali essentially threw the same punches entire fights. He was just so fast and so slick that he could get away with it after some flashy footwork.
        I see this being a very long night. A hard fought event. Where Ali comes out with a SD simply due to being faster and a naturally (slickness/footwork/coordination/etc) better athlete than Fury. Which would help him outpoint Fury in a few rounds.

Comment

Posts like this, let's me know how incredibly stupid guys on here are. Fury has 2 decent wins on his resume and all of a sudden, he can somehow beat Ali, who had 2 decades worth of guys on his resume. Fury who took steroids and has never defended a belt, is now the greatest boxer to ever live hahaha. I want to say that this is comical, but I can't. it's actually sad to see. You idiots did the same with Wilder when you started saying he was the hardest puncher ever. And we see what happened to him. Fury is next to fall
          Last edited by Tyistall; 06-20-2020, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Ali got up at three and stopped Cooper in the next round. So"barely conscious for a minute" is a lie.

I'm not even going to argue about who would win. Ali was better than Fury in every aspect of the game. Faster hands, feet, better inside fighter, better boxer, better jab. He is recognized by many as the greatest heavyweight ever. Fury is nowhere near that level and that's all that I need to say about that.
            Ali got up at 3 or 4 but was a bit out .

@2:25 Dundee explains it .

https://youtu.be/DIWFHVZaGGA
            Last edited by REDEEMER; 06-20-2020, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              This is hard one. I think fury could win h2h. But Ali's the greatest. His resume speaks for itself.
              He gave his life for that resume. . I always will give credit to those I feel went the extra mile for the resume be it Ali, SRR, Holyfield, Duran, JCC, RJJ, BH, Pac etc etc
              ... I had to vote Ali... because he's "the greatest"...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                Posts like this, let's me know how incredibly stupid guys on here are. Fury has 2 decent wins on his resume and all of a sudden, he can somehow beat Ali, who had 2 decades worth of guys on his resume. Fury who took steroids and has never defended a belt, is now the greatest boxer to ever live hahaha. I want to say that this is comical, but I can't. it's actually sad to see. You idiots did the same with Wilder when you started saying he was the hardest puncher ever. And we see what happened to him. Fury is next to fall
                Next to fall huh?

Tell us more stories bro.

Comment

Fury has proved me wrong time and time again, i thought he was a half decent boxer who was a feather fisted oaf. Hes clearly the no.1 hw by a country mile though.

Still, claiming he would beat Ali is a bridge too far for me. Knock out femi and defend your title a few times agaist top opposition and then you can begin to have that conversation but for now i will say (prime) Ali would beat the sh it outta him.

Comment

Fury would beat him to a decision

Ali can't hide on the ropes or clinch to get away from Fury.

Fury is too much.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      Ali got up at 3 or 4 but was a bit out .

@2:25 Dundee explains it .

https://youtu.be/DIWFHVZaGGA
                      I don't need an explanation when I can see it with my own eyes

https://youtu.be/Jyu2iCkrHmE

Comment

Working...
                      X