Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin Has Interest in Facing Dillian Whyte Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin Has Interest in Facing Dillian Whyte Next

Top heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte recently named former champion Alexander Povetkin as the preferred opponent, for a potential return on April 18 in London or Manchester. Whyte may very well get his wish, as the Russian veteran is interested in facing him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now watch Whyte try to weasel out of it like when he called out Ortiz and Pulev, then ducked WBC and IBF eliminators against them.

Comment

Good! Now make it happen. Povetkin is still operating at a good level. He showed that against Hunter.

Comment

Povetkin against anyone is fine. He is a good fighter, and forces the opponent to step up a notch or two. The fight against Joshua was not great, but otherwise his scraps the last couple years have all been entertaining. Whyte would get another legit fight on a decent resume, and Povetkin could secure another huge money fight with a mild upset. Both have a good bit to gain with this.

Comment

Decent fight but nothing more than that tbh. At least with Hunter it was a gradual step up in comparison to prior HW opposition. For Whyte a guy who's seasoned, just a stay busy that comes with calculated risk. Povetkin a bit older but Whyte still pretty rusty. Whyte vs Hunter would have been lit though.

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
            Decent fight but nothing more than that tbh. At least with Hunter it was a gradual step up in comparison to prior HW opposition. For Whyte a guy who's seasoned, just a stay busy that comes with calculated risk. Povetkin a bit older but Whyte still pretty rusty. Whyte vs Hunter would have been lit though.
            Whyte vs Hunter lit compared to a Povetkin style ? I find that hard to see ,you can’t ask for a better match with actual guys deserving a top 5 spot with both Whyte and Povetkin liking close range type fights and both possess power left hooks and body punching .

Comment

I never really got into Whyte as a fan but I've seen many fights..he's OK...but stepping back now and looking at the overall, his resume is pretty respectable and I should probably give him more consideration than I do. He hasn't really ascended per se but like someone else said he's seasoned now....Povetkin is still a decent enough fight for most of these challengers/contenders I think

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                Now watch Whyte try to weasel out of it like when he called out Ortiz and Pulev, then ducked WBC and IBF eliminators against them.
                Agree. Whyte wont fight anyone with a Pulse. He just likes to call people out.

Dont forget he turned down a guaranteed shot a 4 world titles against AJ, twice last year.

Comment

Povetkin couldn't KO a cruiserweight. Its a mismatch at this stage. I would love to see Whyte against someone who has power or speed.

Comment

I would pick Povetkin to win.

Comment

Working...
                    X