Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin Has Interest in Facing Dillian Whyte Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like both cheaters but I believe grandpa Povetkin is still able to put weak Whyte into sleep.

Comment

Wtf povetkin is past it. Barely survived Hunter fight... hang them up

Comment

Povetkin at this point is top elite level gatekeeper. You have to beat him if you wanna move on. Hughie Fury failed. Hunter failed ( but not lost). Price failed. Takam failed. Many others failed. Povetkin still beats the most other guys.

Pressure is on Whyte, Povetkin is old fighter, he is around just to get some good paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
          Povetkin couldn't KO a cruiserweight. Its a mismatch at this stage. I would love to see Whyte against someone who has power or speed.
          Hunter is a heavyweight now. he beat Kiladze, Ustinov, bakole, Kuzmin. Actually he is top 10 by The Ring.

Funny part, Hunter would be probably best Wilder`s win.

Comment

Povetkin has a disadvantage in age but I'd give him a real chance in this fight even at this stage in his career

Comment

Originally posted by Freedef View Post
              Wtf povetkin is past it. Barely survived Hunter fight... hang them up
              Hunter would be Wilders second best win only to a last year Ortiz on his last legs which has expired . Hunter is probably the best opponent he’s faced after Klitschko and AJ and if the knockdown was counted Povetkin wins that fight. So those bringing up age is not actually relevant.

You must be a Wilder fan if you are suggesting he should hang them up and think Ortiz is a top 3 guy right because he’s done so much ? Ha
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-10-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Indeed. Povetkin who only lost against Klitschko and Joshua should hang `em up? This site is full of haters, not boxing fans.

Comment

Battle for the WBA PED regular championship belt

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    Whyte vs Hunter lit compared to a Povetkin style ? I find that hard to see ,you can’t ask for a better match with actual guys deserving a top 5 spot with both Whyte and Povetkin liking close range type fights and both possess power left hooks and body punching .
                    Not really povetkin hasn't been really on game since he pissed hot for both wilder and stiverne. The fights vs price joshua and even hunter cause more wear and tear at the body for a guy like whyte to go in and fight. At least with hunter he's pretty fresh and even in his draw vs povetkin came out virtually being warranted another step up fight. Whyte vs povetkin is more of a gate keeper vs contender while whyte vs hunter is contender vs rising contender.

I'd probably prefer Joyce to get a guy like povetkin at this point.

Comment

The battle of the two guys wilder ran from

Comment

Working...
                      X