Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin Has Interest in Facing Dillian Whyte Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
    Not really povetkin hasn't been really on game since he pissed hot for both wilder and stiverne. The fights vs price joshua and even hunter cause more wear and tear at the body for a guy like whyte to go in and fight. At least with hunter he's pretty fresh and even in his draw vs povetkin came out virtually being warranted another step up fight. Whyte vs povetkin is more of a gate keeper vs contender while whyte vs hunter is contender vs rising contender.

I'd probably prefer Joyce to get a guy like povetkin at this point.
    Did you miss those Chisora and Parker vs Whyte fights ? Come on you guys are grasping at straws here both have been in wars and Whyte by far gets hit more , you can’t say Povetkin is done based on how Hunter is performing and I believe Povetkin won by 2 rounds . In the same post you credit Hunter but also say Povetkin drew with him but he’s not on that level ? Which is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      Indeed. Povetkin who only lost against Klitschko and Joshua should hang `em up? This site is full of haters, not boxing fans.
      So true! And most of em are PBC supporters who never see 'nything good with fighters from other banners

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Did you miss those Chisora and Parker vs Whyte fights ? Come on you guys are grasping at straws here both have been in wars and Whyte by far gets hit more , you can’t say Povetkin is done based on how Hunter is performing and I believe Povetkin won by 2 rounds . In the same post you credit Hunter but also say Povetkin drew with him but he’s not on that level ? Which is it ?
        Not really. Chisora is okay but I’m not jumping to see him get in the ring. Dudes been recycled for quite a bit of time and gotten some wins but at this point doesn’t move much of the hw division. Povetkin at this point with his age and wear and tear is one big puncher away from being put down. Hunter took a good step up vs him and I thought he won. Not gonna argue if ppl felt diff but his ceiling right now is higher than povetkin. Whyte vs Hunter would be legit.

Comment

Hunter would be Wilders second best win only to a last year Ortiz on his last legs which has expired . Hunter is probably the best opponent he’s faced after Klitschko and AJ and if the knockdown was counted Povetkin wins that fight. So those bringing up age is not actually relevant.

You must be a Wilder fan if you are suggesting he should hang them up and think Ortiz is a top 3 guy right because he’s done so much ? Ha
          Povetkin is 6 rounds fighter after that he is done. Hunter was just stupid enough to not ktfo him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedef View Post
            Povetkin is 6 rounds fighter after that he is done. Hunter was just stupid enough to not ktfo him.
            Guy with 2 loses on elite level is "6 rounds fighter". You call your self a boxing fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedef View Post
              You don’t really watch these guys you talk about ,nothing you said on here is actually true . Ha

Comment

Would be a very entertaining fight and I would applaud Whyte for yet again taking on very good opposition...when the hell is this guy getting his title shot?

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
                  Not really. Chisora is okay but I’m not jumping to see him get in the ring. Dudes been recycled for quite a bit of time and gotten some wins but at this point doesn’t move much of the hw division. Povetkin at this point with his age and wear and tear is one big puncher away from being put down. Hunter took a good step up vs him and I thought he won. Not gonna argue if ppl felt diff but his ceiling right now is higher than povetkin. Whyte vs Hunter would be legit.
                  If you count the knockdown which it was Povetkin wins .

It doesn’t matter if you like Chisora which wasn’t the topic ,he’s a gritty guy when in shape and takes punishment to just pummel guys down if that’s not a fighter you like or respect that’s on you he happens to have better wins like Povetkin then an Ortiz , not sure you understand when someone is still getting wins they aren’t all of a sudden set up lesser to having one big punch away from losing that’s like everyone ,and Hunter was almost stopped by Usyk a non power puncher so chins if that’s the angle would favor Povetkin , sure Hunter has more time but right now nothing shows he’s going to make a better Whyte fight ,his style doesnt suggest that .

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    Guy with 2 loses on elite level is "6 rounds fighter". You call your self a boxing fan?
                    Yes i do off the peds and 40 years old povetkin is 6 rounds fighter.

Comment

You don’t really watch these guys you talk about ,nothing you said on here is actually true . Ha
                      Ha, i have watched His last 4 fights live

Comment

Working...
                      X