No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Confident Pulev Will Remove Joshua From The Equation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thack View Post
    Not true.If he were that kind of threat Hearn would be doing everything to stop the contest.Pulev has a decent dig but nothing big.A lot of the average guys have gone the distance with him and although Joshua isn't the most gifted he is above the average.
    Well Hearn did slip up a bit with Andy but I agree that Pulev isn't much of a threat to AJ at all. Pulev just has a punchers chance because its boxing plus it's the HW division so one mistake is even more costly than lower divisions.

Comment

Arum is always a hater, he predicts his fighter's rivals will be exposed every time they fight, it's embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        That cant be. Ruiz had no good wins and wasnt ranked by any organization
        Joseph Parker.

Sure he didn't get the decision but he did beat him if you watch the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
          Ive seen Pulev fight before and whilst having a decent physique didnt particularly impress me as a boxer.The hardest fight for me for Joshua has got to be Fury followed by Wilder.If Joshua wants to cement his legacy he needs to be fighting these two before the age of 36 when the body naturally starts to decline.
          Fury and Wilder surely have to fight him for their own legacies too?

Wilder only has a very dubious draw against Fury and Fury has what should be a win over Wilder and the Klitschko win. AJ also has that win and he unified some of the belts. To me Fury is only edging the pack currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
            Fury and Wilder surely have to fight him for their own legacies too?

Wilder only has a very dubious draw against Fury and Fury has what should be a win over Wilder and the Klitschko win. AJ also has that win and he unified some of the belts. To me Fury is only edging the pack currently.
            Yes but Fury and Wilder have fought each other in their primes and got the fight on pretty quick.Look at the Joshua/Wilder negotiations which took so long and nothing materialised from it which is a huge shame.Having read some stuff though on Eddie Hearn I actually have a degree of sympathy to Joshua now and have changed my views slightly .Hence Joshua was the one doing big numbers prior to the Ruiz defeat and Fury/Wilder were making far less up till then.Hence Wilder according to Hearn was trying to get a large size of the purse when his previous financial numbers didnt back that up?Obviously things have changed now following the Ruiz defeat and Hearn is willing to compromise which is refreshing to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
              Arum is always a hater, he predicts his fighter's rivals will be exposed every time they fight, it's embarrassing.
              What’s he supposed to say?

“I predict that our guy will get chopped down in 6 rounds and then we are going to the bank.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
                Yes but Fury and Wilder have fought each other in their primes and got the fight on pretty quick.Look at the Joshua/Wilder negotiations which took so long and nothing materialised from it which is a huge shame.Having read some stuff though on Eddie Hearn I actually have a degree of sympathy to Joshua now and have changed my views slightly .Hence Joshua was the one doing big numbers prior to the Ruiz defeat and Fury/Wilder were making far less up till then.Hence Wilder according to Hearn was trying to get a large size of the purse when his previous financial numbers didnt back that up?Obviously things have changed now following the Ruiz defeat and Hearn is willing to compromise which is refreshing to see.
                From a legacy point of view fury can say he has beat klitschko and wilder if he wins.
                Wilder, if he wins, will only have Fury and Ortiz. Both of these fighters have looked poor against others well outside top20 and in Ortiz case he hasn’t ever beaten anyone inside top20.

Joshua has fought a lot of fighters - Klitschko, Povetkin, Takam, Parker, Ruiz, Whyte, etc.

So although I agree Joshua needs to fight both to really cement his legacy he is well ahead of fury and in particular Wilder. Both wilder and fury in my opinion need to fight others beyond Joshua to make their own legacy as they just haven’t fought enough top end opposition for my liking.

Comment

Why would a promoter want a massive draw removed from the equation? Joshua-Fury would make insane money.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                    What’s he supposed to say?

“I predict that our guy will get chopped down in 6 rounds and then we are going to the bank.”
                    He can say whatever he wants as can I, but he never even considers the other possibilities. Eddie Hearn talked up Andy Ruiz leading up to his fight with Anthony Joshua and it wasn't a betrayal or failure as a promoter, he was doing his job. Arum on the other hand is incredibly negative and part of the group that trashes Hearn and his stable every chance they get.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                      From a legacy point of view fury can say he has beat klitschko and wilder if he wins.
                      Wilder, if he wins, will only have Fury and Ortiz. Both of these fighters have looked poor against others well outside top20 and in Ortiz case he hasn’t ever beaten anyone inside top20.

Joshua has fought a lot of fighters - Klitschko, Povetkin, Takam, Parker, Ruiz, Whyte, etc.

So although I agree Joshua needs to fight both to really cement his legacy he is well ahead of fury and in particular Wilder. Both wilder and fury in my opinion need to fight others beyond Joshua to make their own legacy as they just haven’t fought enough top end opposition for my liking.
                      I don't entirely disagree but neither Fury nor Wilder have lost like AJ did to Ruiz Jr even if they have struggled against lesser fighters. I would still put AJ ahead of Wilder resume wise and due to the fact that Wilder turned down his career best payday ducking AJ hard, as did Whyte and Ortiz before Jarrell Miller (and then Ruiz Jr) stepped up to the plate.

Fury also arguably beat a better version of Klitschko than AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X