No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Confident Pulev Will Remove Joshua From The Equation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
    If he does and I hope he doesnt he isnt a true champion.He will not only shortchange himself but all fight fans everywhere.

But like noted I hope Joshua is brave enough to fight the best in their primes and not when over the hill.

I still feel these special nights when the best heavyweights are fighting each other in their primes eg Fury /Wilder no other sport can beat and it represents sport in its finest and truest.Man against man fighting it out to see who is the toughest and best fighter there is on this earth.
    the problem with this logic is the Fury fight was clearly a cherrypick gone wrong, who thought Fury would be great again after seeing his two comeback fights? Wilder's camp certainly didn't and Fury even said himself he would've preferred some more fights but that they pressured him to do it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post

So although I agree Joshua needs to fight both to really cement his legacy he is well ahead of fury and in particular Wilder. Both wilder and fury in my opinion need to fight others beyond Joshua to make their own legacy as they just haven’t fought enough top end opposition for my liking.
      Would have been interesting to see how Joshua would have got on against a younger Kiltschko.I have a feeling that it would have been really tight albeit Joshua coming through again.Hence Joshua for me has more of that killer instinct in a fight ?

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
      the problem with this logic is the Fury fight was clearly a cherrypick gone wrong, who thought Fury would be great again after seeing his two comeback fights? Wilder's camp certainly didn't and Fury even said himself he would've preferred some more fights but that they pressured him to do it sooner.
      Yes .Had Fury been fit that night he would have beaten Wilder I feel.This makes the 2nd fight so compelling and a must watch for any real fight fan.For me its so refreshing to see and will be a mouthwatering affair . I dont know what will happen but err on the side of Fury winning it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
        Would have been interesting to see how Joshua would have got on against a younger Kiltschko.I have a feeling that it would have been really tight albeit Joshua coming through again.Hence Joshua for me has more of that killer instinct in a fight ?

Yes .Had Fury been fit that night he would have beaten Wilder I feel.This makes the 2nd fight so compelling and a must watch for any real fight fan.For me its so refreshing to see and will be a mouthwatering affair . I dont know what will happen but err on the side of Fury winning it ?
        yeah I loved the fight for sure and even the matchup to be honest, I made this poster at the time and will probably do another one for the rematch. I want to believe Fury can decision or even possibly finish Wilder but I really think Deontay is going for the kill in the rematch and will flatten him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          My wife's grand mother watches elderly folks, which tend to be Jewish and They always live to be in their hundreds. Thats why I said it. I DEFINITELY didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry if i did.

I LOVE my elders and have MANY conversations with the people my grandma _inlaw_ i guess_ watch.
          three thumbs up and bonus points for you - older people may look decrepit but they were young once too and many, not all, have serious amounts of wisdom to pass on - so if you are listening you can shortcut your learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Bob is also an advocate for Cannabis use. He's been a daily cannabis user since the 60's

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...ars-in-boxing/

As somebody who was prescribed cannabis 5 years ago for something that I'd probably be dead for today, I'm 100% in agreement with Bob.
            Interesting. I read your link. It doesn't actually say why he thinks that weed has helped his longevity. I'll search further. As is stands that amounts to circumstantial rather than causal connection. Maybe he de-stresses by smoking a joint.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              Interesting. I read your link. It doesn't actually say why he thinks that weed has helped his longevity. I'll search further. As is stands that amounts to circumstantial rather than causal connection. Maybe he de-stresses by smoking a joint.
              well I figured he wasn't going to go into the science of it, and if he did...they likely wouldn't put it in print lol. I assume based on that little article though he uses it to unwind and also to sleep.

I know if a news paper interviewed me about it, I could probably explain for 20 minutes the strains I use, what I use them for, what I treat, etc. etc. and they would write "he smokes pot and says it helps." These guys write to the lowest common denominator lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                AJ struggles with people who move like a boxer. Regardless of height.

Any examples of past fights to prove this ?

Comment

senile old fart

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
                    Any examples of past fights to prove this ?
                    London 2012 at least 2 of the fights he should've lost. You could say Parker too though I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
                      Joseph Parker.

Sure he didn't get the decision but he did beat him if you watch the fight.
                      He lost.......

Comment

Working...
                      X