No announcement yet.

Purses: Wilder $20 mil guarantee. Ortiz $7 mil guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
    why do we care how much other grown men are making?? serious question..How does this effect our lives?
    Its funny to see how you wilderite came out with defensive mode like purses are not part of the sport because your darling fighter is making 3mil with other adons based on ppv and back end sales.
    And hez suppose to be the fave of american and HW boxing....
    Lmao.

Comment

I just find it funny when it comes to anything PBC people need to see proof. When they say Joshua is getting $85 million people do even question the number. When Canelo fought Fielding everyone was saying he was getting $35 million, but the guarantee on paper said $15 million and people still went with $35 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        i love threads like this and watching DaNeutered live in absolute denial
        And what exactly is it that i am in denial about young lady?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Thank you!!!!! It’s sickening how much folks care about purses here..I can understand if it was a purse unlike any before it but the obsession with a side and money here just brings that TMZ gossip site aspect into boxing that is vomit inducing. It literally has ruined the sport and changed the way fight fans discuss the sport, we have morons saying a fight doesn’t make sense over money..since when do we not want to see a fight over money?
          I don't know how old you are but you nailed. I can't believe how people here support one boxer not fighting another because, it doesn't make sense monetary wise. For God sake I want to see the best fight the best.
          Gomez-pintor, Gomez-Sanchez, Gomez-Zarate, Hearns-Duran-Hagler-Leonard, Sugar Ramos-coloradito, Chacon-boza edwards-limon. The list goes on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            I don't know how old you are but you nailed. I can't believe how people here support one boxer not fighting another because, it doesn't make sense monetary wise. For God sake I want to see the best fight the best.
            Gomez-pintor, Gomez-Sanchez, Gomez-Zarate, Hearns-Duran-Hagler-Leonard, Sugar Ramos-coloradito, Chacon-boza edwards-limon. The list goes on and on.
            I’m 40 man, first fight I saw live was in 1985, my grandfather loved the sport and as a young man used to fight in speakeasy joints so fighting was always part of his life. I guess I’m of the old mentality too, him and my godfather had the old cable hook up so we watched every fight when it was on but they never talked money of the sport and I grew up with the same disposition..they’d argue about who’s the best like everyone else and they had epic fight parties but I never heard a single mention of money and boxing beyond people wanting the cable man hook up.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              finances are a part of the sport....they are a part of every sport....adapt or die....stop spewing your macho bs "oh look at me im so cool i dont care about that stuff and if you do you are less of a man than me"...i mean thats just as sad and played out....these dudes arent fighting for pride and legacy man.....
              Nobody is saying they should not get pay. A least am not saying that and I had discussed some of the purses. Do I care? Not at all. And we as fans could had loss on some great fights in the past, if they had the same mindset that we have today.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                I’m 40 man, first fight I saw live was in 1985, my grandfather loved the sport and as a young man used to fight in speakeasy joints so fighting was always part of his life. I guess I’m of the old mentality too, him and my godfather had the old cable hook up so we watched every fight when it was on but they never talked money of the sport and I grew up with the same disposition..they’d argue about who’s the best like everyone else and they had epic fight parties but I never heard a single mention of money and boxing beyond people wanting the cable man hook up.
                The first fight I saw live was back in 1969-1970, was a tournament back in Cuba. Being living here (USA) over 42 years. I had being in Vegas, Puerto Rico and Miami for big fights. Watched almost every big fight on tv, by myself or with friends. Never care how much they make. I want them to get pay as much as they can. Ultimately, I want to see the best fight the best. I see so many of my countrymens get ostracized because they don't "sell". That is BS. They don't get the fights because they are really good. And when they do, they get robbed. Most of the fans agreed "high risk low reward".

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                  why do we care how much other grown men are making?? serious question..How does this effect our lives?
                  I don't understand it lol but I guess that's it makes them feel better

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    anybody knows what time is the weigh in and is there a stream?
                    530 eastern on FS1. Will be a bunch of streams on Youtube too

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
                      530 eastern on FS1. Will be a bunch of streams on Youtube too
                      Thanks brother

Comment

Working...
                      X