No announcement yet.

Purses: Wilder $20 mil guarantee. Ortiz $7 mil guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    If Wilder is getting 20 million why is it officially 3 with 20 in brackets? If its 20 just say 20, what was the reason of saying 3 if its 20?
    That's how they always do it. $3 mil is what the check will be when the fight is over. The remainder comes once they tally up all the other monies (concessions, ppv, parking).

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
      All I know is i doubt anyone on here even comes close to making 1 million in a year and are arguing over how many millions fighters make in 36 minutes....what happened to men?
      I don't think so Larry. The purses are part of the sport just as much as the jabs and counters are. There is room to discuss both the macroeconomics and microeconomics of boxing.

Comment

anybody knows what time is the weigh in and is there a stream?

Comment

If Wilder is getting 20 million why is it officially 3 with 20 in brackets? If its 20 just say 20, what was the reason of saying 3 if its 20?
          3-DD5971-B-274-B-4173-BADB-73-FB9-CE97315

Comment

No They're "Only" making $3 Million and $1.5 Million that is it...

If it makes people feel better thinking that is all those guys will make (which is still a lot of damn money) then I see no reason to try and convince them otherwise. Wilder and Ortiz not complaining and sure do seem extremely happy with whatever they're getting for this fight. So if they're not upset then why do we have fans pretending like it is their money and they're the ones fighting tomorrow night?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              That's how they always do it. $3 mil is what the check will be when the fight is over. The remainder comes once they tally up all the other monies (concessions, ppv, parking).
              Ahhh right, back end money. LOL. So they dont know he is going to get 20 million, they are GUESSING. The 20 in the brackets means jack sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                3-DD5971-B-274-B-4173-BADB-73-FB9-CE97315
                I dont get it? You aint answering my question at all here. Big Dunn did though. He explained that it was all just BS and hes guaranteed 3

Comment

Ahhh right, back end money. LOL. So they dont know he is going to get 20 million, they are GUESSING. The 20 in the brackets means jack sheet.
                  No he's getting the $20 million for sure. The question is does it come from just the things I pointed out. if they don't make enough to cover it Haymon will have to come out of his pocket with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I don't think so Larry. The purses are part of the sport just as much as the jabs and counters are. There is room to discuss both the macroeconomics and microeconomics of boxing.
                    why do we care how much other grown men are making?? serious question..How does this effect our lives?

Comment

Some of you know very well you need to focus on your own damn Financial Situation! If you can barely pay your own Bills...UH yeah maybe spend LESS TIME talking about Wilder Purse on this forum and get off your ass and do something with your life instead of spewing your hate on this forum daily...

Wilder is a Millionaire and has made good money in his career especially for a guy that originally just wanted to be a Journeymen to take care of his Daughter. So yeah, a lot of you really need to GROW THE F#CK UP! Wilder "Only Making $3 Million On Saturday" OK and what are you making for the YEAR?
                      Last edited by sicko; 11-22-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X