No announcement yet.

Purses: Wilder $20 mil guarantee. Ortiz $7 mil guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    I dont get it? You aint answering my question at all here. Big Dunn did though. He explained that it was all just BS and hes guaranteed 3
    what do you get out of being right or wrong?? will your financial status change?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I don't know exactly how much but from what I've read they lost money.
      How have they lost money and the fight hasn't happened yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        I dont get it? You aint answering my question at all here. Big Dunn did though. He explained that it was all just BS and hes guaranteed 3
        Do you believe Fury only made 1M dollars against Wallin?

Comment

I don't think so Larry. The purses are part of the sport just as much as the jabs and counters are. There is room to discuss both the macroeconomics and microeconomics of boxing.
          I have to agree with you.

Purses always been apart of the sport. Its one of those things that make Boxing diffrent from other combat sports.

Im glad these guys are getting paid vs those guys at UFC making peanuts and without their own sponsors cuz that Dictator Dana White

What i don't get is when people start hating.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            How have they lost money and the fight hasn't happened yet?
            That was about Canelo/Kov , not Wilder/Ortiz 2.

Comment

Canelo's contract is a loss for DAZN.

Comment

Cite your sources or quit talking out your ass boy.

Comment

Big money right there.

Comment

https://www.************.com/2019/11...te-of-8173920/

Saul Canelo Alvarez’s 11th round knockout victory over WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev on November 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas generated a live gate of $8,173,920 from 10,005 tickets purchased. There were 1,643 complimentary tickets given away due to the fight NOT being a sellout.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=...e%22:%22%22%7D

Per the Nevada State Athletic Commission, official contract purses for Saturday’s night’s Golden Boy/Main Events card at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas: Canelo Alvarez $35 million, Sergey Kovalev $3 million (guaranteed $12 million), Ryan Garcia $250k, Romero Duno $50k, Bakhram Murtazaliev $55k, Jorge Fortea $20k, Seniesa Estrada $50k, Marlen Esparza $50k, Blair Cobbs $20k, Carlos Ortiz $5k, Meiirim Nursultanov $12,500, Cristian Olivas $12k.

The total of the purses is close to $48 million. The live gate was $8 mil. I don't know exactly how many dazn subs were sold. This is why I said I don't know exactly how much was lost.

Comment

Damn good pay for both men.

Comment

Working...
                      X