No announcement yet.

Purses: Wilder $20 mil guarantee. Ortiz $7 mil guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
    what do you get out of being right or wrong?? will your financial status change?
    Im just trying to do the math on Wilder, his people and his fans excuses for the constant ducking of Anthony Joshua. Apparently hes making more money doing is own thing and has been demanding parity based on him being a bigger star and financial pull than Joshua. And it isnt adding up.

Im glad Wilders earning alot of money, its real impressive. But Wilders refusing to take certain fights based on money and they are fights that i want to see. So being a Boxing fan im taking interest.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
      why do we care how much other grown men are making?? serious question..How does this effect our lives?
      Thank you!!!!! It’s sickening how much folks care about purses here..I can understand if it was a purse unlike any before it but the obsession with a side and money here just brings that TMZ gossip site aspect into boxing that is vomit inducing. It literally has ruined the sport and changed the way fight fans discuss the sport, we have morons saying a fight doesn’t make sense over money..since when do we not want to see a fight over money?

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        Im just trying to do the math on Wilder, his people and his fans excuses for the constant ducking of Anthony Joshua. Apparently hes making more money doing is own thing and has been demanding parity based on him being a bigger star and financial pull than Joshua. And it isnt adding up.

Im glad Wilders earning alot of money, its real impressive. But Wilders refusing to take certain fights based on money and they are fights that i want to see. So being a Boxing fan im taking interest.
        Come on dude. He didn't refuse to take the fight over money. He didn't take it because of the competition between PBC and Dazn. Athletes pass on deals all the time because in some instances money isn't the most important thing.

I mean lets keep it 100-Haymon and Hearn both want to control things to give their guy the better chance to win. Haymon letting wilder accept that dazn deal may have put him in a position to get the short end of things-think Cotto/Manny.

If this wasn't Haymon you'd completely understand and not have as much of an issue.

Comment

The PPV would have to sell 360k+ buys just to cover the purses, that doesn't include the distribution cost(FOX) or the fees the system operators charge(Comcast, Dish).

They're losing money on this guaranteed. Expect some spin on the PPV numbers from everyone's favorite shill/publicist Coppinger on Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Can you answer how Rafael know the numbers in bracket? Because that does not come from the NSAC for a fact.

Comment

i love threads like this and watching DaNeutered live in absolute denial

Comment

Looks like the $3 and 1.5 are the guarantees and the bracket numbers are the fake news numbers to fool the fans into thinking Wilder is a draw. The fight is bombing very badly. They cancelled media workouts. They are giving away 90% of the tickets. The PPV is going to do terrible.

Wilder is a minor league draw who does not even sell out in Alabama. The card is being carried by undercard mexicans.

This show is going to be a financial disaster and Wilder will be exposed for the fraud draw he is. They will have to sacrifice him to Joshua soon. Their only hope is Ruiz winning again, then they hope Wilder KO fix Ruiz will be a big money event, but that won't either.

Haymon Wilder want to rig Skipper and Hearn to make WIlder vs Joshua a fraud fight where both retain their value. But no way Hearn goes for that. Joshua is a major sell with or without Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Thank you!!!!! It’s sickening how much folks care about purses here..I can understand if it was a purse unlike any before it but the obsession with a side and money here just brings that TMZ gossip site aspect into boxing that is vomit inducing. It literally has ruined the sport and changed the way fight fans discuss the sport, we have morons saying a fight doesn’t make sense over money..since when do we not want to see a fight over money?
                  finances are a part of the sport....they are a part of every sport....adapt or die....stop spewing your macho bs "oh look at me im so cool i dont care about that stuff and if you do you are less of a man than me"...i mean thats just as sad and played out....these dudes arent fighting for pride and legacy man.....

Comment

yeah dan rafael the espn guy is fudging the numbers to make the pbc look better!

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      i love threads like this and watching DaNeutered live in absolute denial
                      Me too

I've been telling these dudes for months that Ortiz was guaranteed the $7 mil turned down for AJ. His trainer said it on the boxing voice back when it was turned down. He has a clause in his contract that guaranteed his next fight has to be worth what he turned down. These guys don't listen.

Comment

Working...
                      X