Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Didn't Get Mayweather's Support as Next Big Black Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Born X Raised View Post
    The Mexican-American War was fought over Mexico outlawing slavery in what became Texas. So Mexicans defended blacks a hundred years before blacks did anything worth a damn.

You’re welcome!
    Don’t let him know facts! Let him play the poor me sht...

Comment

What an insecure little wussy. Waaah waah. Another self loathing individual narcissist with an inferiority complex.

It's amazing.

Comment

Jesus! cry me a river. Floyd took an unpopular style and made himself a star. There was no begging involved. He was literally a self made star.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I've always thought that about Wilder. That stated I am am rooting for him against Fury and AJ because he is an American.
          I rate your honesty. You’re one of the handful of decent black American posters on here (PRINCEKOOL and Bmore18 are the other two).

Nothing wrong with supporting a black American boxer you can relate to since you all have a shared history. *****s support fellow *****s. Mexicans support Mexicans. Filipinos support fellow Filipinos. Eastern Europeans support fellow Eastern Europeans. Most Brits for the most part support fellow Brits apart from the country, ethnicity, race and ancestry divide where you can find where you can find people hating on whoever they have personal prejudice against. Only someone like don’t give two fu.cks about race, ethnicity and all the other crap - if I don’t like a boxer, we can be from the same street, look a like - but it’s still fu.ck him.

Black Americans can always support their fellow black Americans. However, some go overboard with the lunacy by acting like they’re the only black people in the world and always trying to act like they’re victims. I can’t respect that.

Comment

Agree with Wilder, Mayweather was sh.itting in him during the Fury fight and hasn’t ( even though he shouldn’t be expected to either) Pump Wilders Tires at all , But think it comes down to 2 reasons for why that is

1. Mayweather isnt willingly going to be passing the torch to any fighter, Especially since he’s still the sports biggest name even after 3 years in retirement. Mayweather loves the spotlight and being #1 , probably ( and rightfully so ) thinks he had to go above and beyond to earn that position and the new era didn’t have to pay their dues and attempt to market themselves like he had too.

2. I don’t think Mayweather respects Wilder as a Fighter either , Mayweather probably Believes that he had more skill when he was 9 years old then Wilder possesses Today. Just sees him as a 1 trick pony who’s only in his position because he’s a HW That can Knock people out. If they were the same size And they fought the schooling that Mayweather would put on Wilder would probably have the Judges scoring 10-8 rounds even with no KDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              All black people care about is skin color. It's honestly stunning.
              It’s an interview sweetheart.

Interviewer probably asked him about Floyd and not having the torch passed down to him.

I prefer fightH’s interviews because of this. They give the full transcript. On boxingscene, a big pet peeve of mine, they write interviews as articles in which the fighter looks like he’s decided to randomly talk about a certain subject. Posters chime in, without fail, angrily asking why is said fighter bringing such a subject up. They can’t seem to deduct that it’s an interview and they are being asked particular questions.

Edit: Oh and black people caring about color. Black people were mostly seen as half humans by their white counterparts until the “1960s” or so. They still kinda are seen like that if you keep up with news. So yeah, you will still see several million black Americans frustrated due to the racism that goes on in this country, and most likely racism they have experienced. You know damn well when you started here, people didn’t know you were Ukranian, they thought you were black and you got the n-gg-r red k comments from posters. Don’t even lie, I know you did. I did lol.
              Last edited by -Kev-; 11-21-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Wilder is right about everything he said, Floyd don’t support him and he’s the most exciting fighter on PBC besides Pacquiao, Tank and Spence!

Floyd giving Fury the first 5 round sweep is also foolish as Fury barely landed anything but pitter patter jabs which most hit Wilder’s gloves while Wilder was uncredited for landing shots to the body!

Wilder is doing the right thing winding his haters up, it’ll only make them want to watch him even if it’s just to lose!

Floyd supported AJ who ducked Wilder and has openly stated he won’t be fighting Wilder win lose or draw!

People who mention him talk about race aren’t black and have no idea what it’s like so should keep their mouths shut!

Comment

Wilder is right! Floyd has always been only about himself. He felt threatened by Wilder so he vouched for Joshua. It was expected though Floyd loves the spotlight so he will do whatever it takes to keep it on him.

Comment

Look at the white faces at a Joshua fight. It is not about racism and making it about race (eg PBC for balck fighters?) doesn't help to cross to the casual market who bring the PPV numbers and stardom.

Comment

You never will he thinks he's TBE

Comment

Working...
                      X