Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Didn't Get Mayweather's Support as Next Big Black Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    It sounds like Mayweather's dick is coming out of your mouth though...
    Not at all. I don't even really like the guy. Just calling it like I see it. I respect anybody that thinks for themselves. Not too many people like that in society nowadays. Much less in the black community. The narrative of supporting your own kind no matter what or you're a traitor, Uncle Tom, etc. is a petty & weak-minded mentality. Peeps need to pave their own way without crying about get a co-sign from somebody you don't even know just because of race.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
      Funny enough Mayweather Promotions is who is promoting Wilder-Ortiz II, according to Boxrec.
      I've noticed that also that Mayweather Promotions is involved in his fights. The thing that is weird to me is that these fighters are probably being associated with Mayweather through their dealings with Al Haymon. You never seen any of Al Haymon's fighters on Mayweather's undercard. But he's getting a piece of the pie in these guys careers. The exposure they would've gotten from being on his undercard would've been huge.

Comment

Because sprayweather knew you weren't the best. Got spanked by Fury. Given a gift draw. I rest on your face. I mean, I rest my case

Comment

Max Kellerman is blacker than Wilder.

Comment

Mayweather has touted a few guys as the "next big boxing star" that didn't go anywhere. To my recollection the guys he's "passed the torch" to were Devon Alexander, Chad Dawson, and Tank. lol

So Wilder shouldn't put too much stock into this.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              So he will go fight Fly weights to show how great he is bc no one is doing it ? Nobody is doing what you are ,didn't you say Usyk was to small for you ,a 6'3 220 pound man ? Doing ? Whats that Wilder turning down insane pay days and getting gift decisions ?

Floyd knows who does bad business practices like you, how could he back you ? Respect is earned not demanded , its why you don't get your fair share you fool and you come off as an imbecile .

Wow just when I thought this idiot couldnt get dumber, thinks its always about race and thinks Mayweather was upset bc he didnt lose, no you fool he was upset bc hes also tired of bad decisions...you LOST that Fury fight my deluded friend. !
              I'm a little confused here with the him losing the Fury fight and so what? Most people believe Mayweather lost the first Castillo fight so what the hell are you saying? Was Mayweather upset about that decision? Mind you that at least the Wilder/Fury fight was a draw while Mayweather was given a gift in that fight against Castillo. Be real when you make an argument and I don't want to hear that the May fight was a long time ago.

Oh, and one last thing so you don't get things all twisted, I'm not even a Wilder fan so I could careless for what he does or says.
              Last edited by illpapi; 11-21-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

You can tell that boxing is all that Floyd knows.

He's not a particularly literate or worldly man when it comes to societal issues.

He also is very ignorant about issues like race, class, and gender, so I'm not shocked.

Wilder, on the other hand comes from the belly of the beast in Alabama, where the racism's in your face, so he had to grow up knowing what the deal was, and he graduated from high-school, went to college for a while, and lived in the world having kids and a job before he became a boxer, so he's more racially conscious.

Somebody like Wilder would never cynically let Conor McGregor use racial dog whistles to sell a fight like that. He's got too much pride.

Floyd not being really conscious saw no problem with it because he was making money.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                  You can tell that boxing is all that Floyd knows.

He's not a particularly literate or worldly man when it comes to societal issues.

He also is very ignorant about issues like race, class, and gender, so I'm not shocked.

Wilder, on the other hand comes from the belly of the beast in Alabama, where the racism's in your face, so he had to grow up knowing what the deal was, and he graduated from high-school, went to college for a while, and lived in the world having kids and a job before he became a boxer, so he's more racially conscious.

Somebody like Wilder would never cynically let Conor McGregor use racial dog whistles to sell a fight like that. He's got too much pride.

Floyd not being really conscious saw no problem with it because he was making money.
                  I'm about to make you look real ignorant. Wilder said he's never experienced racism growing up in Alabama. Says he's never seen or heard racism until his 30's...So, you were saying...

Comment

Even today, nobody considers wilder an elite boxer. His one, two street thug combination is all he brings to the table. I think mayorga had better combination of punches considering he was super limited technically.

Comment

• What an immature man boy Wilder is.

Comment

Working...
                      X