Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the fighter who dictates weight ever lose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    Algieri was 20-0 when Pac fought him. At that time he had weighed in at or under the 140 limit exactly once. Every other time he was over. Holding Algieri to the 140 limit would not have been doing him any favors.

Hatton had more than 20 straight wins at 140, moved up to 147 and very nearly lost to Collazo. After that fight he moved back down to 140. After which he went 4-1 at 140 (the loss being to Pac) and 0-2 at 147

You're talking ****** here.
    I have like 3 people on ignore man and he is one of them...waste of time man...I wouldn't waste yours...one of a few on here who cares nothing for facts and just blindly supports his tribe/narrative...let it go I would say

Comment

Oscar played himself against Pacquiao. He had track marks on his arms walking into the ring because he was so dehydrated cutting weight during fight week. Guy could barely get off his stool before he quit.
      Majority of the time A side is the one setting the weight so of course they will have the advantage. I’ve always believed if an opponent accepts a weight or rehydration clause they can’t complain later. No one is forcing them to take the fight.

Comment

I’m sure it happens but I cannot think of any high profile fights where the fighter who dictated weight to the other fighter didn’t win.
        oscar demanded floyd to come up at 154.
        floyd gladly accepted

Comment

I’m sure it happens but I cannot think of any high profile fights where the fighter who dictated weight to the other fighter didn’t win.
          Oscar vs BHop, man.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            oscar demanded floyd to come up at 154.
            floyd gladly accepted
            Definitely that was one of two times I didn’t think of. The other was Oscar also but that one seemed more like a compromise with Hopkins than a demand.

Oscar, to his credit, was more of a risk taker than most. Sometimes risks are called risks for a reason.

Comment

Cotto against Canelo.
              Golovkin against Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
                Oscar-Hopkins
                First one that came to mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Oscar vs BHop, man.
                  I’m thinking also that Oscar was not the betting favorite in either fight. I know he wasn’t against Floyd, not sure about Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Cotto against Canelo.
                    Golovkin against Canelo.
                    Golovkin forcing Canelo to fight according to the established limits, good pick.

Cotto FORCING Canelo to fight at the same weight Canelo fought his previous 3 fights is another good one.
                    Last edited by 4truth; 11-06-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Oscar set a catch weight of 157 for Hopkins and still lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X