Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think Pacquiao is on a par with Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukesville View Post
    I take it you're responding to "new England"...
    Correct.

I should have made that more clear.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      duran is arguably the best lightweight ever, and that's a very stacked division.

you can look at duran as having 2 careers. he had 119 fights, a freakish amount given his level of opposition and period in time.

you have his "prime" where he was at his best weight and young, and then his later years, when he moved up in weight to make more money and really became a star.

his win over a prime ray leonard is one of the best wins of all time for any boxer. he held world championships all the way up to middleweight and carried his power. hell, he knocked iran barkley around the ring and onto his butt in the 11th round!

pacquiao is a very great fighter and his weight climbing and his style will get him on a lot of top 50 and 25 lists, but roberto duran is a shoe-in for a top 10 list and there's a large gap in class between the resumes of the two, frankly.

i would pick duran at any weight from 135 to 160 lbs as long as he trained hard. he was just a better fighter.
      Nonsense. Duran beat one great fighter close. Manny has beaten several great fighters and stopped some of them too. No comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
        I have gotten **** from people saying that my screen name was bull**** and Pac is nowhere near Duran recently.

I thought the similarities in their career arcs were obvious back in 2013 when I made this account.

Duran has one of, if not the best, single wins ever over SRL, but Pac has consistent top level wins, best and championships from Flyweight to light middle.

I think they're around the same all-time. Both top 10 or 15 but I would give Pac the edge.

Thoughts on this?
        Duran is arguably one of the 5 best boxers of all time. Manny is somewhere between 25-30. They are both ATG so the difference would be Duran's win over SRL and the fact his prime losses are to boxers more highly regarded than the guys prime Manny lost to.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Nonsense. Duran beat one great fighter close. Manny has beaten several great fighters and stopped some of them too. No comparison.
          Duran beat a *prime* undefeated SRL.

There is nothing on Pacquiao's resume that's even in the same hemisphere.

Who are the prime undeafeated fighters Pacquiao has beaten? Does Pacquiao even have a win over a legitimately great fighter who was in his prime?

Comment

Duran the G.O.A.T. Lightweight still IMO

No Excuse for Ignorance when it comes to history and the legends of this great sport when we have Youtube to go back and watch a lot of these legends in their legendary FIGHTS

Pacquiao also a All Time Great of course but can't just write off Duran and put Pacquiao above him because fans today are living in the moment and don't have the attention span to go back and watch at his best on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              You prove me wrong again.

Every time I think I could not possibly have less respect for your opinion.
              Opinion? More like educated guess. You can't even box

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Opinion? More like educated guess. You can't even box
                fine pair we are then. I can't box & you can't think.

Comment

People were saying Pac was top 5 all time after the Margarito fight. Bert Sugar included. That's a guy who saw them all.

Then Pac went on the have the Bradley trilogy, whip Sugar Shane then get iced by Marquez I one of the best fights in history only to come back and whip an entirely new generation of welterweights lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                    Duran beat a *prime* undefeated SRL.

There is nothing on Pacquiao's resume that's even in the same hemisphere.

Who are the prime undeafeated fighters Pacquiao has beaten? Does Pacquiao even have a win over a legitimately great fighter who was in his prime?
                    Huh? He beat prime Barrera, Morales and JMM. 3 x boxing legends!

And Duran barely beat SRL and was stopped by him later.

Now, get your ignorant a55 out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      duran is arguably the best lightweight ever, and that's a very stacked division.

you can look at duran as having 2 careers. he had 119 fights, a freakish amount given his level of opposition and period in time.

you have his "prime" where he was at his best weight and young, and then his later years, when he moved up in weight to make more money and really became a star.

his win over a prime ray leonard is one of the best wins of all time for any boxer. he held world championships all the way up to middleweight and carried his power. hell, he knocked iran barkley around the ring and onto his butt in the 11th round!

pacquiao is a very great fighter and his weight climbing and his style will get him on a lot of top 50 and 25 lists, but roberto duran is a shoe-in for a top 10 list and there's a large gap in class between the resumes of the two, frankly.

i would pick duran at any weight from 135 to 160 lbs as long as he trained hard. he was just a better fighter.
                      Manny beats duran at 140 & 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X