No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Vegas Debut Generates $882K From 5,489 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Stop talking rubbish like always. Wilder isn't nor ever will be a star. He doesn't sell. But your delusion and hypocrisy is extremely showing yet again.
    I have it hand to you Englishman. You guys are aficionados about sport in general and your boxing in particular; As evidenced by you.

You are the most ardent and passionate boxing fan that I have ever met online. Moreover, you are staunchly zealous when it comes to British boxing.

In addition, you are also a boxing historian who have vast ocean of knowledge about the sport itself. So don't tell me if Deontay Wilder was British that you wouldn't be a fan of his. His kind of punching power only comes once in a lifetime.

Comment

• Venue paid a ton for fight and lost thier butt on the gate.

You guys really do not understand the business side of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        See Post #82. I already went over this! Canelo vs. GGG is 2 non-Americans, but it sold BIG! Fury vs. Schwarz is 2 non-Americans, and it flopped! Why? Because it was trash!

They cared about Mayweather vs. Pacquiao didn't they? They cared about Mayweather vs. McGregor didn't they? No Mexicans, still it sold BIG! If you give the people quality, there's no place like the USA!

When Tyson vs. McNeely has a better live gate than Joshua vs. Klitschko, with only 20% of the people in attendance, that speaks volumes!
        Americans knew all of these fighters as they'd seen them fight many times in the US. This was only the 3rd time with Fury fighting over there. With Shwartz, nobody, not even his own family knew who he was. With a known opponent, Fury will do much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          I have it hand to you Englishman. You guys are aficionados about sport in general and your boxing in particular; As evidenced by you.

You are the most ardent and passionate boxing fan that I have ever met online. Moreover, you are staunchly zealous when it comes to British boxing.

In addition, you are also a boxing historian who have vast ocean of knowledge about the sport itself. So don't tell me if Deontay Wilder was British that you wouldn't be a fan of his. His kind of punching power only comes once in a lifetime.
          Wilder would have been forced to fight much better comp and much sooner. Which would have resulted in him losing. No way he'd be able to get away with fighting who he has in 42 fights. He would have fought 3 times the better comp in half the fights. Just check our fighters and who they fought in as many fights for evidence.

Comment

Break it down on why it's farcical?

You can't can you? You know it's the truth.

Funny that a dribbler who I clown every time thinks I was the one dropped on his head as a baby. Haha. And you're 55 which makes it even funnier. You've reached maximum intelligence. Haha.
            Did you clown me on A.J? The great british fraud of a heavyweight! If you thought that he was the real deal then your boxing I.Q is very low!

Comment

Wilder would have been forced to fight much better comp and much sooner. Which would have resulted in him losing. No way he'd be able to get away with fighting who he has in 42 fights. He would have fought 3 times the better comp in half the fights. Just check our fighters and who they fought in as many fights for evidence.
              There is simply more competition in in the U.K than it is the U.S. That's just a fact. People in the U.S. Don't love their boxing here as much as they do in Great Britain. You guys do over a million PPV buys per event. Here in the U.S. We are lucky to even scratch the 300,000 mark in PPV sales because hardly anyone in the states watches boxing anymore. It is no longer a mainstream sport. How do you predict these fights for Wilder if he was fighting over in England?

Wilder vs Chisora

Wilder vs Whyte

Wilder vs Parker

Wilder vs Browne

Wilder vs Wach

Wilder vs Martin

Wilder vs Povetkin

Wilder vs Takam

Wilder vs Usyk

Wilder vs Charr

Comment

• Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                Time for Arum and ESPN to Cash out on the Wilder rematch .
                Yep sounds about right to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  Venue paid a ton for fight and lost thier butt on the gate.

You guys really do not understand the business side of boxing.
                  No they didn't. The MGM wouldn't pay that much money for Fury vs a random bum. MGM has hosted hundreds of boxing events over the years they know what sells tickets and what doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
                    Except Floyd ended up broke in debt for millions to the irs and bookies,squandering half a billion like tyson. Floyd the type of guy who has to choose between keeping up an image and hanging himself cause he's so pathetically insecure.
                    Floyd was 100%scammed financially and probably more than once. But, he outsmarted Oscar on numerous occasions, which is why Oscar resents him no much.

Comment

• Looks like a lot of boxing events these days - yet we have so many of these fighters and promoters holding back talking about A side and A side that in half empty arenas.

That said, in terms of the HWs: Fury sold more in his Vegas debut against a nobody than Wilder did in the Stiverne rematch, same venue.
                      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 06-21-2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X