Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Vegas Debut Generates $882K From 5,489 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deontay the Cash Cow. The Face of Boxing. All roads lead to Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
      We do know that it was part of fury deal with top rack to build up into a wilder - fury 2. Especially since Joshua got tko by ruiz in 7.
      What are you guys complaining about?
      Just trolling to defend Joshua, the money making machine. Same defense everyone had for ggg. Good champion not great.
      Absolutely, these AJ stans are so insecure, they have to start talking about money because they can't talk boxing anymore after AJ got exposed as the chinless weightlifter that he truly is.

Comment

Did it break the mythical 97k PPV barrier though?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillyy215 View Post
          Fury was robbed against Wilder.
          It looks more like Tyson Fury robbed ESPN and Top Rank for this fight. It looks like he held them for a $12.5 mil ransom.

I could never understand this signing in the first place. It's not like Fury is a box office draw or has a huge following, large fanbase or pack a lot of meat in the seats at home or abroad. It just never truly made sense to me.

Arum lost a lot of ESPN's money on the first Terence Crawford PPV and now he has lost a lot of money on Tyson Fury's ESPN's debut.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            Thats even worse than Wilder v Breazeale and that one stunk real bad. Is Boxing dead in America or what? Sounds like from this latest round of Heavyweight fights it was the Anthony Joshua one that did the best numbers in America, and in the UK, and around the world.
            Wilder is a star. If he fought in the U.K. He would be the biggest star in boxing.

By the way Anthony Joshua did very good numbers at the gate at MSG. However on DAZN; It's been rumored that the fight didn't do very well.

It has been reported that the unofficial numbers for the fight was between 5K-10K viewers. It must be true because it's been 3 weeks and DAZN has yet to disclose the official numbers.

Comment

Dude, Bob Arum gave Tyson Fury $12.5 mil for this fight. So how can you say those aren't terrible numbers? This fight alone left ESPN several $millions dollars in the red at the gate. In addition, I bet you that less than 8,000 people decided to stay up late in order to watch this fight live on the ESPN+ video streaming app.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Not great obviously, but not terrible either everything considered.
                Wasn't the guarantee 12.5 Millions? Yeah, that is very bad considering that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
                  The last UFC event did 16,000 tickets and 2 milion gate revenue and that was co-headlined by 5'4" Henry Cejudo and a female fighter.

Fury has a long way to go to setting America on fire. He'll need a bigger Uncle Sam hat next time.
                  UFC was here a few months ago in my town. The upper deck was blacked out because they couldn’t sell it. So an 18,000 arena had like 11,000 seats available and maybe 8,000 filled.

Their PPV numbers are not what they once where.

But that’s of little interest to me because I’m not into MMA, I just wouldn’t act like UFC was all that — they do like one show a month and I’m sure they’re profitable but they’re not selling out everywhere they go nor pushing great PPV numbers.

Fury is a commodity — this was a gimme fight contract sweetener, almost like a signingi bonus: “We’ll give you outrageous money to fight basically anyone you choose because we know we’ll make it back on the Wilder fight and, if you win, well beyond.”

GGG did horrible numbers in his last fight on a similar deal, with the idea that Dazn makes it back on Canelo-GGG III. We’ll see how that works out.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
                    UFC was here a few months ago in my town. The upper deck was blacked out because they couldn’t sell it. So an 18,000 arena had like 11,000 seats available and maybe 8,000 filled.

Their PPV numbers are not what they once where.

But that’s of little interest to me because I’m not into MMA, I just wouldn’t act like UFC was all that — they do like one show a month and I’m sure they’re profitable but they’re not selling out everywhere they go nor pushing great PPV numbers.

Fury is a commodity — this was a gimme fight contract sweetener, almost like a signingi bonus: “We’ll give you outrageous money to fight basically anyone you choose because we know we’ll make it back on the Wilder fight and, if you win, well beyond.”

GGG did horrible numbers in his last fight on a similar deal, with the idea that Dazn makes it back on Canelo-GGG III. We’ll see how that works out.
                    Don't expect these clowns to understand business. Most of them are basement dwellers living off the state.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Bob Arum knows exactly what he's doing and knows how to make money. I'm sure all the businessmen on here know better than him though..........
                      Which is exactly why he’s trying to move the Wilder fight from 1Q’20 to this fall. They are swimming in red YTD.

Comment

Working...
                      X