Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good gamble Deontay.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, likes and dislikes.

To my understanding, money is not the whole thing for Deontay Wilders. Being treated as equal is more important to him. Thus, he wouldn't mind if the total purse bid came down to $80m and the deal is 50-50 rather than the amount being $100m but his share is only 45% even though he makes $5m more.

Wilder is not known to live a lavish lifestyle, own a jet, go out with a large entourage like Mayweather, etc. His needs are modest for a HW champ and the money he has is enough to secure a good future.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post

To my understanding, money is not the whole thing for Deontay Wilders. Being treated as equal is more important to him. Thus, he wouldn't mind if the total purse bid came down to $80m and the deal is 50-50 rather than the amount being $100m but his share is only 45% even though he makes $5m more.

Wilder is not known to live a lavish lifestyle, own a jet, go out with a large entourage like Mayweather, etc. His needs are modest for a HW champ and the money he has is enough to secure a good future.
      Very true, Deontay only spends his spare time beating up prostitutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        They were playing the Mayweather vs Pacquio record which back fired. As a fan I dislike this very much boxers avoiding the best than the want to face the person after he’s knocked out kind of like Mayweather avoiding Pacquio for 6 years than says let’s fight after Marquez knock him out now Wilder is talking let’s fight now after AJ is knocked out but this fight will lose its steam cause Wilder is going to lose to Fury again
        Stop the lies. Floyd offered Manny the fight in 2009 & bob said NO cuz he didn't want Manny to take the test.

First 47 seconds tells YOU, so stop lying.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNNTkbnCtU

Aj asked for 50 million then didn't take it. Again stop lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post

No lavish lifestyle? The man walks around with a golden ****ing Bazooka for christ sake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Dude stop it. You are just as much a nationalist as I or anyone. You want to see AJ beat wilder as much as I want to see wilder beat AJ, even though neither of us may be a big fan of either guy.

This exchange between you 2 was just ridiculous IMO especially because whether I agree or disagree I think you both are good posters.
            There was nothing ridiculous about what we were saying there. If Ruiz beats AJ again and Wilder doesn't beat Fury, then Ruiz will be the bigger name of the 2 and Wilder and his fanboys will attribute that to racism.

Comment

No one supported Haymon blocking the fight. We all know the business reasons why he did, same as we know the business reasons Hearn blocked it initially. It doesn't make sense to pretend its "ducking" when we know what it really is.

wilder was saying what he has been told to say by Haymon. I think we all get that or should get it. This was all part of the build. AJ losing will not be cited as the reason for the delay by anyone rational and credible.

His loss was an unexpected bump in the road that most of us think he will correct. My only concern is Ruiz didn't win by a lucky punch like say Rahman. He outboxed AJ so AJ IMO needs to really improve his jab, stamina and defense if he expects to win the rematch.
              Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              You are credible in your reasoning but truthfully you are in the minority of that fan base assuming you are even a fan of Wilder.

Don’t know how the rematch will play out cause as you pointed out nothing was lucky or flukey about what Ruiz did. AJ needs serious adjustments most namely improving his jab, needs to throw it more. Stamina has to be a big improvement too not because it’s as bad people make out but Ruiz works the body and he has to account for that.

I never saw AJ as this unbeatable guy, He’s always been clearly vulnerable in my eyes but I honestly thought it would take someone better than Ruiz to expose him. No disrespect to Ruiz, he’s quality.
              AJ didn't look right to me, I think he focused too much on trying to woo the US fans and media in his role as DAZN/Matchroom poster boy, and not enough on Ruiz. I also felt a little uneasy when I heard him talking about needing to counter Wilder's highlight reel KO of Breazeale with something equally spectacular of his own, because Ruiz is the wrong opponent to go out looking for a KO against.

But it could be Andy just has AJ's number. Styles make fights, and sometimes one guy's style and physical attributes are Kryptonite to another's. Foreman/Frazier and Fury/Wlad spring to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                There was nothing ridiculous about what we were saying there. If Ruiz beats AJ again and Wilder doesn't beat Fury, then Ruiz will be the bigger name of the 2 and Wilder and his fanboys will attribute that to racism.
                Ridiculous dude. Stop over inflating AJ with regards to American fans. He is a non entity over here. Ruiz beating him again only confirms what many thought about AJ-he is a big british hype job.

If the rematch ends up in the US and the arena is filled with British fans and very few Mexicans (not likely but a possibility) that would confirm Ruiz still can't connect with the big fanbase.

Lets just stop this because there is no way of knowing until Ruiz slaps AJ around again.

Comment

Some of you guys are just so fking ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    Not upset about anything and I don’t have any problems with Americans in general either. Most of my preferred fighters are American. My problem lies only with the Wilder fans that were openly supporting Wilder delaying the fight but now that Joshua lost they act like it was Hearn and AJ telling us late 2020.

Speaking truth is not being upset, neither is not being blind to Wilder’s nonsense.
                    Your blind to hearns nonsense.

Comment

Ridiculous dude. Stop over inflating AJ with regards to American fans. He is a non entity over here. Ruiz beating him again only confirms what many thought about AJ-he is a big british hype job.

If the rematch ends up in the US and the arena is filled with British fans and very few Mexicans (not likely but a possibility) that would confirm Ruiz still can't connect with the big fanbase.

Lets just stop this because there is no way of knowing until Ruiz slaps AJ around again.
                      You aren't keeping up with the news. He already has connected with the same fan base that made Canelo a star.

Comment

Working...
                      X