No announcement yet.

Good gamble Deontay.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No one supported Haymon blocking the fight. We all know the business reasons why he did, same as we know the business reasons Hearn blocked it initially. It doesn't make sense to pretend its "ducking" when we know what it really is.

wilder was saying what he has been told to say by Haymon. I think we all get that or should get it. This was all part of the build. AJ losing will not be cited as the reason for the delay by anyone rational and credible.

His loss was an unexpected bump in the road that most of us think he will correct. My only concern is Ruiz didn't win by a lucky punch like say Rahman. He outboxed AJ so AJ IMO needs to really improve his jab, stamina and defense if he expects to win the rematch.
    You are credible in your reasoning but truthfully you are in the minority of that fan base assuming you are even a fan of Wilder.

Don’t know how the rematch will play out cause as you pointed out nothing was lucky or flukey about what Ruiz did. AJ needs serious adjustments most namely improving his jab, needs to throw it more. Stamina has to be a big improvement too not because it’s as bad people make out but Ruiz works the body and he has to account for that.

I never saw AJ as this unbeatable guy, He’s always been clearly vulnerable in my eyes but I honestly thought it would take someone better than Ruiz to expose him. No disrespect to Ruiz, he’s quality.
    Last edited by NaijaD; 06-05-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      You are credible in your reasoning but truthfully you are in the minority of that fan base assuming you are even a fan of Wilder.
      I am not but I clearly am a pro USA fan.

As for the rematch, kudos to AJ for taking it immediately but IMO the wlad plan where you get a new trainer and take a few warm up fights might have been better long term.

DOn't worry I will only be obnoxious for the rest of the week then I will chill.

Comment

As for the rematch, kudos to AJ for taking it immediately but IMO the wlad plan where you get a new trainer and take a few warm up fights might have been better long term.

DOn't worry I will only be obnoxious for the rest of the week then I will chill.
        Yes ideally the rematch shouldn’t be immediate but Hearn and AJ can’t risk the belts slipping into PBC control. That’s worse than worrying about back to back losses for AJ.

And looool have at it with the teasing I don’t mind that. If Wilder lost it would have been A LOT WORSE!!..... the maniac brits and the anti-american/pro-eastern euro guys would have run you out of the forum for at least a few weeks.

Comment

if calling wilder a duck helps you all forget what happened to aj on Saturday I'm all for it lol, why not make 15 more threads while ur at it? this is really bad lol gee wiz guys its just boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            Yes ideally the rematch shouldn’t be immediate but Hearn and AJ can’t risk the belts slipping into PBC control. That’s worse than worrying about back to back losses for AJ.

And looool have at it with the teasing I don’t mind that. If Wilder lost it would have been A LOT WORSE!!..... the maniac brits and the anti-american/pro-eastern euro guys would have run you out of the forum for at least a few weeks.
            do you think aj can fix those flaws in that short amount of time?

Comment

I was ready to stop yesterday but now ill go another week, its like no matter what you bring up they will reply with wilder.... I have yet to get any of them to actually talk about AJs flaws and what went wrong last Saturday or what he can improve on... cant even have a decent conversation about boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                "wasnt right before the fight lol"

was poor AJ stressed out?
                I dont know and i don't care what was wrong with Joshua. He lost and that's that, you come prepared to fight you leave your excuses on the other side of the ropes.

But I'm not going to pretend I didn't see different and odd behaviour from Joshua before and during the fight because it suits you.

Comment

He stayed in the background fighting Ortiz and Fury lmao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    do you think aj can fix those flaws in that short amount of time?
                    It’s not likely that he can fix them completely but maybe he can fix them enough to beat Ruiz.

Ruiz isn’t exactly the second coming of prime Tyson but AJ needs to view it that way. He can’t think it was an off night, he has to think Ruiz was better than him on his best night. That should inspire change, improvement and genuine hunger.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Yes, eddie is playing bob arum games.

Hahahaha. Conspiricy theories eh.

Comment

Working...
                      X