No announcement yet.

Good gamble Deontay.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    He has once again stayed nice and safe in the background and let other fighters overtake him. He allowed Joshua to go collect the belts one at a time when there was no reason at all why he couldnt of done that.

Now he has refused to face Anthony Joshua and allowed another fighter to come in, knock him out and take the belts that Wilder claimed he wanted.

I would love for somebody to please explain to me how Wilders gamble on himself has played out to his advantage here? Cuz to me it just looks like his career is continuing to be really slow and is allowing other fighters to jump ahead and do the things he claims he is going to do but never actually attempt to do them.

Yes i know Anthony Josha lost and im all BOO HOO and all that about it but all the reasons why Wilder was a massive chicken ducker last week are still the same reasons why Wilder is a massive chicken ducker this week. Nothing has changed, Joshua lost but to somebody else. This gamble dont make no sense to me, at all.

This gamble looks like a duck, i need to know why it isnt.
    They were playing the Mayweather vs Pacquio record which back fired. As a fan I dislike this very much boxers avoiding the best than the want to face the person after he’s knocked out kind of like Mayweather avoiding Pacquio for 6 years than says let’s fight after Marquez knock him out now Wilder is talking let’s fight now after AJ is knocked out but this fight will lose its steam cause Wilder is going to lose to Fury again

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      It seems that under the circumstances that the Joshua fanboys should be turning their attention towards Anthony Joshua rather than Deontay Wilder. It's crunch time now.

It's either now or never for Eddie Hearn and Matchroom because if AJ loses the rematch then they are done. Then Eddie Hearn would have successfully managed to ruin not only Anthony Joshua's career but his father's company Matchroom Sport as well.

Eddie needs Joshua to win this rematch badly because his ass is on the line. He's gonna cost his daddy's company Millions of dollars in lost revenue if Joshua loses. In other words, he's gonna put Matchroom Sport out of business
      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        Yeah because Wladimir often got outboxed 12-0 by journeymen didn't he?

Fury didn't need to do a rematch because he showed that he was levels above Wlad. Klitschko didn't come close to winning a round, he was utterly dominated in his own backyard. Easy work, Fury didn't have a mark on him.
        That gif in your sig is funny af!

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          They were playing the Mayweather vs Pacquio record which back fired. As a fan I dislike this very much boxers avoiding the best than the want to face the person after he’s knocked out kind of like Mayweather avoiding Pacquio for 6 years than says let’s fight after Marquez knock him out now Wilder is talking let’s fight now after AJ is knocked out but this fight will lose its steam cause Wilder is going to lose to Fury again
          This is such BS. Just like there was a plan in place for Floyd and Manny to fight, there was one for AJ and Wilder. The fight was being set up through a series of wins by each guy. AJ and Manny however didn't get the job done so their idiot fanbases have to blame their failures on something and try to weaken the other guys who didn't fail during the build up.

Fact is Floyd kept winning. Manny turned down a career high payday, fought JMM again, made a critical mistake when pressing for the KO, and got KTFO. Wilder beat his bum in stellar fashion. AJ failed to do so and got KTFO. This is the fault of Manny and AJ and NO ONE ELSE.

We can agree marinating fights too long is an issue. That said, the real problem is when over rated hype jobs don't keep up their end of the deal while a fight is being built.

Look at Leonard and Hearns, both kept winning. On the flip side, Tyson ****ed up and lost to Buster.

Comment

If Wilder beats Ortiz, he'd be the a side in a future match with AJ, even if he beats Ruiz, the fight would be in the states on Wilder's term.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Fellas I get your upset but really-predicting racism as an excuse because your upset Wilder fans and Americans are teasing you guys since AJ got beat. You guys can't possibly be this upset.

Maybe the fight becomes even bigger because wilder and Ruiz, having beaten Ortiz, Fury and AJ would have cleaned out the division and we have a fight between the absolute 2 best HWT's.
              I'm not upset about anything, I actually find all this bull**** highly amusing!

But then, my racial and national pride are not on the line when I watch boxing. I have none of the former and the latter is not affected by the outcome of a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Fellas I get your upset but really-predicting racism as an excuse because your upset Wilder fans and Americans are teasing you guys since AJ got beat. You guys can't possibly be this upset.

Maybe the fight becomes even bigger because wilder and Ruiz, having beaten Ortiz, Fury and AJ would have cleaned out the division and we have a fight between the absolute 2 best HWT's.
                Not upset about anything and I don’t have any problems with Americans in general either. Most of my preferred fighters are American. My problem lies only with the Wilder fans that were openly supporting Wilder delaying the fight but now that Joshua lost they act like it was Hearn and AJ telling us late 2020.

Speaking truth is not being upset, neither is not being blind to Wilder’s nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  I'm not upset about anything, I actually find all this bull**** highly amusing!

But then, my racial and national pride are not on the line when I watch boxing. I have none of the former and the latter is not affected by the outcome of a boxing match.
                  Dude stop it. You are just as much a nationalist as I or anyone. You want to see AJ beat wilder as much as I want to see wilder beat AJ, even though neither of us may be a big fan of either guy.

This exchange between you 2 was just ridiculous IMO especially because whether I agree or disagree I think you both are good posters.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    Not upset about anything and I don’t have any problems with Americans in general either. Most of my preferred fighters are American. My problem lies only with the Wilder fans that were openly supporting Wilder delaying the fight but now that Joshua lost they act like it was Hearn and AJ telling us late 2020.

Speaking truth is not being upset, neither is not being blind to Wilder’s nonsense.
                    No one supported Haymon blocking the fight. We all know the business reasons why he did, same as we know the business reasons Hearn blocked it initially. It doesn't make sense to pretend its "ducking" when we know what it really is.

wilder was saying what he has been told to say by Haymon. I think we all get that or should get it. This was all part of the build. AJ losing will not be cited as the reason for the delay by anyone rational and credible.

His loss was an unexpected bump in the road that most of us think he will correct. My only concern is Ruiz didn't win by a lucky punch like say Rahman. He outboxed AJ so AJ IMO needs to really improve his jab, stamina and defense if he expects to win the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Not with his head ****ed up by that bullshit from UKAD, hitting the bottle and snorting coke, no.

But if all that hadn't happened and Tyson had rematched Wlad in the same mental and physical shape as the first fight, then yes, I think he would have won again.

Fury's style and physical attributes were or all wrong for Wlad. I don't think even a prime Wlad would have been able to do anything with Fury.
                      Fury and physical attributes shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Wlad beats Fury 99 out of 100 times.

Comment

Working...
                      X