Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Confirms Rematches With Fury, Ortiz Are Signed, Sealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Like I said before, Wilder/Fury II is the fight I've been wanting to see all year, so I don't mind THAT much. Lost interest in Wilder/AJ before the Povetkin fight (not saying it wont come back when the fight is announced though. I'm not past the point of no return like Mayweather/Pacquao when I had zero interest by the time it happened)
    Cool with me bro. I am SUPER excited for the Fury rematch and just excited for the Ortiz rematch. Damn good fights, I don't care what anybody says.

But we were talking about one specific fight, the fight we're all waiting for. And Wilder is avoiding it.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      The Wilder/Martin fight could have happened...Both were signed to PBC, but Wilder had Povetkin as a mandatory and when Wilder mentioned going after martin to unify, fans went ape **** saying he was trying to duck his mandatory. Had Povetkin not pissed hot, this would be a moot point though

Parker/Wilder had a tentative thing in place. Parker was front row at Wilder/Washington also. Fight never happened though

https://www.******.com/494083-deonta...t-face-parker/

(its Ring's website. They block it on here for some reason)
      I understand that it was talked about and for whatever reason may be fell through. But my point was that the fights were pursued and ultimately made.
      And I find it difficult to swallow that Wilder was so concerned about a minor uproar(I hadn't read anything of such high magnitude but I'll definitely give that link a read, thanks) over defending a mandatory that he would pass on an opportunity to unify titles especially in light of his record and WBC "blinds eye" towards mandatories.
      Its one thing to talk about who a fighter wants next or wants next year etc....
      Its completely different to negotiate and willing to sign contracts for matches to be made.

Comment

• They were signed but there's no date set yet.
        So much of this silly "but there's no date" excuse.
        Hundreds of fights are signed without a date.
        Team Wilder proves this.

Comment

• Those are two great fights!

Comment

• both boxers had close fight with a wilder so why not! And then AJ

Comment

• If this holds, then it’s great!

Does anybody know Ortiz’s purse for this rematch? More or less than 7M?

Comment

• So Wilder lied again.......... what a surprise.

Comment

• Well, apparently Fury also said he has a fight next and then Wilder in 2020. Bob Arum also said, in the post fight interview, that Fury-Wilder takes place in the first quarter of 2020 possibly in Vegas.

I am assuming some sort of agreement has been there with majority things ironed out. Perhaps, only date and place to be decided and that is being delayed because both fighters have interim business to take care of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                    Well, apparently Fury also said he has a fight next and then Wilder in 2020. Bob Arum also said, in the post fight interview, that Fury-Wilder takes place in the first quarter of 2020 possibly in Vegas.

I am assuming some sort of agreement has been there with majority things ironed out. Perhaps, only date and place to be decided and that is being delayed because both fighters have interim business to take care of.
                    Promoters have been talking about future fights forever. Doesn't mean they happen.

I highly doubt there's a signed deal that says "maybe we'll fight, after we fight some other guys, not sure about the network, possibly in Vegas, maybe in 2020 but not during March madness".

There's no deal. They lied to you.

Comment

• That is the way I see it.

Fury is promoted with Arum and Warren. Maybe he fights Jennings -Joyce winner next, maybe Rivas if Rivas beats Whyte, which is unlikely. Maybe even Whyte if Whyte beats Rivas.

Ruiz must rematch Joshua next. Wilder and Ruiz have belts, Fury has none. If he is fine with that, he just doesn`t have to gain Wilder any more.

But if Fury wants to e be a world champ, he must beat Wilder or Ruiz -Joshua rematch winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X