Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Joyce the fastest heavyweight alive today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    Yeah, when I saw that I was like "wtf???"

Did you see his weird "not an am fight, but not on his pro record either, so WTF?" bout with Usyk?
    Hard to categorise that fight as some of his shots were thrown as an amateur but didn't finish missing until after he turned pro.
    Last edited by Clegg; 05-21-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

**** me, watching that guy is like watching Carl Froch with his leg stuck in a bear trap, wading through treacle.

And yet he's clearly got pop as he scores KOs. They ought to change the saying from "it's the punches you don't see coming" to "it's the punches you CAN see coming, and it takes half an hour before it lands."

For a mnute I thought the picture had frozen. This guy is SLOW. I mean, a sloth would watch a Joe Joyce bout and call him a cunt, that's how bad he is.

I can't think, off the top of my head, of a boxer I've seen that's slower. In his last bout he actually grew a beard in the middle of throwing a jab.

What you gotta say about this daft cunt?

-Kev- Beercules ShoulderRoll

Comment

Painfully slow.

strong af though.

Could lead to some wars in the future.

Comment

He's slow but busy.

Comment

This post and the comments are gold. I'm lmao at the moment.

In all seriousness he is painfully slow but powerful and effective, which is enough against lower ranked opponents at HW.

I think they are just building him up as fighter with a KO resume so they can sell him to one of the Champions for a sacrificial lamb style opponent (similar to Breazeale to Wilder). Good promoting as Joyce could make 1 or 2 million and the Champion KO'ing him may get a highlight reel KO.

Comment

The fact that the man with the slowest hands in the entire world can have success in a line of work that is heavily dependent on moving said hands,is rather inspirational and gives hope to anyone pursuing any career but is having doubts if they possess the necessary tools.

Comment

Joyce is super slow and relatively easy to hit, if you are quick enough to counter him.
                His matchmakers do a good job at the moment. If you cant deal with his size and constant pressure and dont have the power to make him respect you, he just keeps coming until he breaks you down.

Stiverne had some success landing shots while joyce tried to close the distance, but stiverne is fat and shot and couldnt keep up with the pace.
                I reckon Joyce gets stopped if he fights a legit opponent with power.

Comment

**** me, watching that guy is like watching Carl Froch with his leg stuck in a bear trap, wading through treacle.

And yet he's clearly got pop as he scores KOs. They ought to change the saying from "it's the punches you don't see coming" to "it's the punches you CAN see coming, and it takes half an hour before it lands."

For a mnute I thought the picture had frozen. This guy is SLOW. I mean, a sloth would watch a Joe Joyce bout and call him a cunt, that's how bad he is.

I can't think, off the top of my head, of a boxer I've seen that's slower. In his last bout he actually grew a beard in the middle of throwing a jab.

What you gotta say about this daft cunt?

-Kev- Beercules ShoulderRoll
                  How he wins against a to ten HW, I just don't know. He telegraphs his shots and then throws slow. He'll get abused by the top guys easily. I don't care how good his chin is.

Comment

I'm deffo loking forward to his inevitable highlight reel ko loss

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                      Its like his punches are so slow you forget about them, its like he throws a right straight and you see it coming, see it coming, its still coming, oh he's throwing a left hook now better dodge this hook, dodged it, gotta dodge that right hook that's coming, dodged that one too, watch out for that left upper, okay now I'm gonna come back with my own counter and BAM you get hit by Joyce's straight that was thrown 20 seconds earlier.
                      ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X