Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Joyce the fastest heavyweight alive today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone looked into the possibility that Joe Joyce might have two prosthetic arms?

I love this guy though he fascinates me. Especially because I think he WOULD beat slick skilful southpaw Luis Ortiz.

Not in Ortiz’s prime like which was in the late 70’s but today.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      Did you guys see his fight against Jennings? I heard it was a dodgy decision, but I had to skip to the end after the first round... my heart couldn't take the excitement.

I thought Joe looked a bit faster than normal... I remember in the first round he threw a right hook and I thought to myself "when that lands in the seventh it'll probably hurt Bryant."

-Kev- Beercules ShoulderRoll
      Any thoughts or comments on Ping Ping?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Any thoughts or comments on Ping Ping?
        Good, though I wonder what % of his purse goes towards roids?

Comment

Joyce is the only guy who they have to speed up the footage for the between-rounds highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Has anyone looked into the possibility that Joe Joyce might have two prosthetic arms?

I love this guy though he fascinates me. Especially because I think he WOULD beat slick skilful southpaw Luis Ortiz.

Not in Ortiz’s prime like which was in the late 70’s but today.

I see our boy Joe is being pushed towards a fight with fellow Green Teef prospect Daniel Dubois.

People are hyping up Dubois and he'll probably be the favourite (favorite, Fat Yanks) but if he stood in front of Joe Joyce for 55 minutes I don't know if he'd be able to take the power of the punch when it lands.

Comment

This thread is golden. I often joked with the da when watching him that we should run at 2x speed. Did you see him at the Dubois fight? He was so confident before it, I'm above his level he can work to me etc then after Dubois steamrolled that dude big Joe looked genuinely "shook" it was hilarious. Seems like a top lad though, like he would help your granny cross the road. And she would be faster than him.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                I see our boy Joe is being pushed towards a fight with fellow Green Teef prospect Daniel Dubois.

People are hyping up Dubois and he'll probably be the favourite (favorite, Fat Yanks) but if he stood in front of Joe Joyce for 55 minutes I don't know if he'd be able to take the power of the punch when it lands.
                Would be catastrophic match making.

Dubois goes from never having a hard distance fight (Johnson was a sparring match)

Thing is JJ lands on everyone and a lot. None of us seem to know why it happens. But it’s not just this level it’s been the case at an elite amateur level - and for years!

He should be a gold medal olympian.

He lands a lot of punches!

I do think at heavyweight the rules change and the game becomes simpler. He’s obviously just a massive, massive man, teak tough, superbly conditioned, and confident, with heavy hands. He’s the type that hurts people with punches that look crap. Little cuffing shots coming off a break that look like nothing.

He gets accused of having no power too, lol. Because he has the turning circle of Belgium you can’t expect him to get his legs involved.

I’d love him in there with Wilder! Because I don’t think 99% of this board could fathom anything but 1 punch KO from Wilder (obviously could happen). But it could be interesting. Would just be funny to have it dawn on people something as basic as realising that Joe Joyce is f.ucking massive, strong, and relentless.

Grizzly Bear vs Human Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                  This thread is golden. I often joked with the da when watching him that we should run at 2x speed. Did you see him at the Dubois fight? He was so confident before it, I'm above his level he can work to me etc then after Dubois steamrolled that dude big Joe looked genuinely "shook" it was hilarious. Seems like a top lad though, like he would help your granny cross the road. And she would be faster than him.
                  I heard that Joe throws his first jab during the ring walk, just to make sure it lands in the second round.

Comment

He looks like he's towing a caravan

Comment

Nikolai Valuev was briefly a sparring partner for Joyce, but was kicked out of training camp because Joe was overwhelmed by his lightning-fast jab and dazzling combinations.

Comment

Working...
                      X